Windows 10: Uninstall OneDrive in services or other

Discus and support Uninstall OneDrive in services or other in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like to uninstall OneDrive cloud application from Windows 10. The note at Microsoft help seemed incomplete. Can this be uninstalled in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by loninappleton, Aug 27, 2018.

1. loninappleton Win User

Uninstall OneDrive in services or other

I would like to uninstall OneDrive cloud application from Windows 10. The note at Microsoft
    help seemed incomplete.

Can this be uninstalled in Services? What other 'write back' services are there to disable?

I have seen Black Viper's new Services list but do not know the things I might miss
    as a new user of Windows 10. Even Black Viper shows the Windows Update write backs
    as enabled. I prefer to have none active.

:)

loninappleton, Aug 27, 2018
  2. FordGT90Concept Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 27, 2018
  3. RCoon Win User
    OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Aug 27, 2018
  4. oli_ramsay Win User

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstall OneDrive in services or other :confused:

oli_ramsay, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Uninstall OneDrive in services or other - Similar Threads - Uninstall OneDrive services

2. onedrive online only on other machines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive online only on other machines: I havae a few computers around the house. I have OneDrive on one of my machines with an external harddisk. I want to access OneDrive on the other machines online only. I don't want additional copy of OneDrive due to little storage. I've read many questions and answers and...
  3. Uninstall OneDrive in services or other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall OneDrive in services or other: I would like to uninstall OneDrive cloud application from Windows 10. The note at Microsoft help seemed incomplete. Can this be uninstalled in Services? What other 'write back' services are there to disable? I have seen Black Viper's new Services list but do not know the...
  4. Uninstall Bonjour service

Uninstall Bonjour service: How do I uninstall it? I dont see it in my Programs, I cant find Bonjour folder. All I see is a running service. Thanks 103745
  5. OneDrive can be uninstalled ?

OneDrive can be uninstalled ?: This is a newly installed Win 10 Home. Win 10 version 1709 Build 16299.98 I thought OneDrive was part of the current Win 10 operating system and it could not be uninstalled. It should NOT even be listed in Programs and Features. I just happened to check my Programs and...
  6. OneDrive pictures folder sharing to my other OneDrive account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive pictures folder sharing to my other OneDrive account: I just purchased Office 365 Premium for my family with 5 1T accounts, original intention was to automatically sync all pictures and videos from family (2 parents + 2 kids) iPhones and Android phones to one OneDrive account. 5th account is for family XBox to watch pictures and...
  7. [Guide] How to Uninstall OneDrive completely in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    [Guide] How to Uninstall OneDrive completely in Windows 10: Hey guys, I was wanting to do the same (remove the very annoying OneDrive) and while searching around the net I came across this. Note the very first post with the Batch file to remove the OneDrive from your Windows 10 install. I do not take credit for it, just posting what I...
  8. Cant loginto microsoft Onedrive from other computers other than the on

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant loginto microsoft Onedrive from other computers other than the on: Hi all, I have been using Microsoft Office 365 Education suite for a while. Here is the information from the subscriptions page: Imgur My personal computer has OneDrive (Windows 10) installed and I have been using it for a few months to sync my files to the cloud...
  9. How to uninstall/remove service?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to uninstall/remove service?: Hi. The steps in the link Bree posted for you should work to remove the infection. However, you may find that the infection will be blocking the downloads or blocking you from running them. You could try booting to Safe Mode to download the tools and run the scans, but...
  10. Introducing OneDrive Files On-Demand and other features

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing OneDrive Files On-Demand and other features: As people create and collaborate on more files, take more photos and work across multiple devices, it’s increasingly important to access your important content, both from your work and personal life—all in one place. You shouldn’t have to worry about whether there is enough...