Windows 10: "Uninstall or change a Program" doesn't open "Programs and Features"

Discus and support "Uninstall or change a Program" doesn't open "Programs and Features" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, I noticed that when I click the "Uninstall or change a Program" button, "Apps and Features" in the Settings window opens rather than the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pong956, Aug 21, 2017.

1. pong956 Win User

"Uninstall or change a Program" doesn't open "Programs and Features"

Recently, I noticed that when I click the "Uninstall or change a Program" button, "Apps and Features" in the Settings window opens rather than the "Programs and Features" window it always was. I preferred that window as it showed more programs and gave more details. Is there a way to make the "Programs and Features" window open instead? Or is this result of an update?

:)

pong956, Aug 21, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Aug 21, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it "Uninstall or change a Program" doesn't open "Programs and Features" :(

oh gawd wat to do ? "Uninstall or change a Program" doesn't open "Programs and Features" :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram "Uninstall or change a Program" doesn't open "Programs and Features" :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx "Uninstall or change a Program" doesn't open "Programs and Features" :)

musum, Aug 21, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

What I use is the familiar Control Panel. I put Control in the Search box and click the resultant Control Panel item. Once it is open I right-click its icon on the Taskbar and choose Pin to Taskbar, always there for me to make a choice. I use it nearly every day.

Berton, Aug 21, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @pong956

Possibly, the Creators Update makes a lot more use of the Settings app in preference to the old Control Panel. In fact some settings have now been completely moved from Control panel to Settings, this isn't one of them though.

I don't know what you mean by the "Uninstall or change a Program" button. I don't recall seeing one, where exactly do you see it?

In the mean time, if you scroll to the bottom of 'Apps & features' there's a link to 'Programs and Features' under 'Related settings'.

6. pong956 Win User
    "Uninstall or change a Program" doesn't open "Programs and Features" [​IMG]

When I used to click that it went straight to the Programs and Features window, but now it goes to the Settings window.

pong956, Aug 21, 2017
  7. Mystere Win User
    In the upper right corner of apps and features you can click the link to go to programs and features

Mystere, Aug 21, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Thank you. I've never clicked that, preferring to go direct to Settings or Control Panel to find it.

Yes, I can confirm that this is a change introduced in the Creators Update (1703), and that the Anniversary Update (1607) and earlier took you to 'Programs and Features'. As this is on File Explorer's ribbon it is probably hard-coded into the software, so there'll be no easy 'fix' I'm afraid.

9. Bree New Member
    Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Uninstall or change a Program" doesn't open "Programs and Features" - Similar Threads - Uninstall change Program

2. Program cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Features: So I have this old version of Photoshop that I wanted to uninstall. Adobe does not have an Uninstall.exe, so I tried to uninstall it from the program list and nothing happens. I tried running the setup again, because sometimes they can overwrite the broken program and then I...
  3. Program cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Features: So I have this old version of Photoshop that I wanted to uninstall. Adobe does not have an Uninstall.exe, so I tried to uninstall it from the program list and nothing happens. I tried running the setup again, because sometimes they can overwrite the broken program and then I...
  4. Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features: Hi all,old Photoshop /Bridge version from 2021 still showing in Programs and Features. These versions are from 2021 and long gone/uninstalled / not listed in Creative Cloud, as old versions automatically are uninstalled when a new version comes out.Initiating the "Uninstall"...
  5. Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features: Hi all,old Photoshop /Bridge version from 2021 still showing in Programs and Features. These versions are from 2021 and long gone/uninstalled / not listed in Creative Cloud, as old versions automatically are uninstalled when a new version comes out.Initiating the "Uninstall"...
  6. Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features

7. uninstall or change a program is not opening from the toolbar

uninstall or change a program is not opening from the toolbar: i'm not able to access "uninstall or change a program " from the toolbar. To understand this problem i'm attaching a video link. please check it out. Link : https://youtu.be/FITYBh_C_eI...
  8. uninstall or change a program is not opening

uninstall or change a program is not opening: I'm trying to open " uninstall or change a program " through the quick access ribbon in 'This PC ' but its not working. plz help! i'm sharing a video link of that problem, i had record it. here is the link : https://youtu.be/_DB4_0pR10I...
  9. Trying to uninstall a program that doesn't appear in Apps and Features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to uninstall a program that doesn't appear in Apps and Features: I have this program that opens with startup which really slows thing down and it will reopen randomly while using my pc. Polarography.exe, i think it might be a virus or just malware or something. I googled it and cant find any record of what its for. Either way i want it...
  10. Windows: Uninstall or change a program

Windows: Uninstall or change a program: Hi All I had an error code in Adobe CC. After locating the error code of 301 on their website, they advice uninstalling their products then run their CC Cleaner Tool. The problem that I have encountered a problem through the "Uninstall or change a program" module. Whilst...