Windows 10: Uninstall PowerDVD 14 destroys Boot Information

Discus and support Uninstall PowerDVD 14 destroys Boot Information in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, When I try to uninstall PowerDVD 14, it was coming with a DVD Burner, I get 2 errors messages and after next reboot system goes into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Adalwar, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Adalwar Win User

Uninstall PowerDVD 14 destroys Boot Information

Hi there,
    When I try to uninstall PowerDVD 14, it was coming with a DVD Burner, I get 2 errors messages and after next reboot system goes into Recovery Screen.
    Trying BCDEdit is not helping, I even can not access it, windows says file is corrupted.
    I can not start in Safe Mode, option is even not there, the Recovery is not working does not go to it, and I have only 2 options: Shut Down or Restore System Image.
    Fortunately I have a Image some weeks old, but it saved my PC.

Now, after restoring Image I still have PowerDVD there and I want to remove it.
    How do I trash from System that piece of wast? I can not go to Uninstall, it kills at once my system.

Uninstall PowerDVD 14 destroys Boot Information [​IMG]

:)

Adalwar, Oct 24, 2016

2. pre installed powerdvd 14

Hi Brianna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We would ask you to contact the Power DVD support as they are able to assist you in this regard.

Customer Support | CyberLink

Thank you.

Amarjeet_Paul, Oct 24, 2016
  3. Windows 10 with nVidia card repeatedly crashing, requiring system restore to reboot

I finally got to the point where I get fed up and I used the "Reset my Computer" function to reinstall Windows 10 while keeping my files.

This seemed to fix the issue for a while. Then, interesting thing: I installed Slysoft AnyDVD and Cyberlink PowerDVD 14 and watched a movie on Blu-ray—and suddenly it was back to the same behavior, freezing up on inactivity and requiring three reboots
    and a system restore to fix.

I tried completely uninstalling AnyDVD and PowerDVD and my computer was back to working normally again.

Given that AnyDVD doesn't directly access the video card, I'm starting to wonder if this might be a specific issue with how PowerDVD works with Windows 10?

Robotech_Master, Oct 24, 2016
  4. Uninstall PowerDVD 14 destroys Boot Information

You should be able to boot from your install media and do a repair? What's likely messing up your system is some type of DRM protection associated with that program.

alphanumeric, Oct 24, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    Yes, that was the only possibility I had, booting from USB rescue Media and Restoring a old Image.

Now, I still have PowerDVD installed and I need to remove it, but I can not do it by Uninstall, it will kill my system again.

Adalwar, Oct 24, 2016
  6. alphanumeric, Oct 24, 2016
  7. Adalwar Win User
    I just need to Uninstall PowerDVD, remove it completely from system.

Adalwar, Oct 24, 2016
  8. Uninstall PowerDVD 14 destroys Boot Information

Yes, I understand that. What I'm suggesting is as follows. Uninstall PowerDVD. Then when your system won't boot up. Boot from the Install Media created with the Media Creation Tool. That should get you a Repair option that may fix the no boot issue. No guarantee, but it may just fix it for you. This repair option looks for and replaces missing or corrupted system files, instead of just reimaging your system.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

alphanumeric, Oct 24, 2016
  9. Cliff S New Member
    What are you using to restore the image with?
    Macrium(hopefully?

Try uninstalling, then use your Macrium recovery disk to repair the boot loader offline.

Cliff S, Oct 24, 2016
  10. Adalwar Win User
    Thanks,
    I using Windows Built-in Imaging.
    I will try again and to follow what alphanumeric suggested.

Adalwar, Oct 24, 2016
  11. RolandJS Win User
    Guys, Gals, would Revo Uninstaller [free or pay-for] do the PowerDVD removal better? I'm using W7, I used Revo to remove all of Cyberlink, then later I reinstalled what I needed. If Revo and W10 gets along, please let me know, thanks!

RolandJS, Oct 24, 2016
  12. Adalwar Win User
    I did what alphanumeric suggested, but no luck, system could not be repaired.
    The only option I have is a System Restore or Install it from new.
    For the 4th time today I did a System Restore, not bad, I am dealing with this over 7h now.
    In my long computer experience, I have never had such a thing, not even with virus.

I read again the messages above and seems it has to do with wrong licensed user. Again that with "user accounts", I already lost 1TB HDD because of that.

Adalwar, Oct 24, 2016
  13. Cliff S New Member

I have something you can try if you wish.

I have uploaded the files from my Macrium Reflect Recovery drive thumbdrive.

On how to do it read here: Fixing Windows boot problems - KnowledgeBase - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

I find Macriums boot repair much better than Windows own.

Cliff S, Oct 24, 2016
  14. Adalwar Win User
    Hi Cliff S,
    Thank you very much, the time and the effort you spend in trying getting out of this situation, indeed very nice from you.
    I do not use OneDrive, but I have also the Macrium Rescue ISO here, I just saw it in my HDD.

Now, I am afraid that the Damage is so deep that none will be able to restore it.
    On the other hand, I am afraid if I "insist", I could end up with a "Access Denied" and my PC is just Electronic waste. By last retore it already "failed", the first time I ever had seen that.

The Damage is being done by the Cyberlink Uninstaller, so I need to know where it is and I will remove it manually.

Adalwar, Oct 24, 2016
  15. Cliff S New Member
Thema:

1. Uninstall PowerDVD 14 destroys Boot Information - Similar Threads - Uninstall PowerDVD destroys

2. Corrupted Boot Information?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Boot Information?: Hi guys, I have a problem that I'm really having trouble fixing.I have an Acer Aspire V3 - 772G which I've really messed up.It was purchased with Windows 8 and then I upgraded to 10.It's a bit of a long story, and I'm not entirely sure what happened, but basically I had some...
  3. Corrupted Boot Information?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted Boot Information?: Hi guys, I have a problem that I'm really having trouble fixing.I have an Acer Aspire V3 - 772G which I've really messed up.It was purchased with Windows 8 and then I upgraded to 10.It's a bit of a long story, and I'm not entirely sure what happened, but basically I had some...
  4. Corrupted Boot Information?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. sccm pxe boot destroys oobe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sccm pxe boot destroys oobe: Configuration Manager 2107Windows 10 21H2Problem:When I use dism to deploy a captured wim image, I could get oobe and the user has to create their username and password etc to use the new computer.However, when I deploy the same wim image using sccm and pxe, I cannot start...
  6. sccm pxe boot destroys oobe

sccm pxe boot destroys oobe: Configuration Manager 2107Windows 10 21H2Problem:When I use dism to deploy a captured wim image, I could get oobe and the user has to create their username and password etc to use the new computer.However, when I deploy the same wim image using sccm and pxe, I cannot start...
  7. sccm pxe boot destroys oobe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Screensaver Nobbled By PowerDVD 20

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver Nobbled By PowerDVD 20: My slideshow screensaver has failed to start for some while now, and recently by using the powercfg command i revealed the culprit?, which it showed to be clmediaserver.exe, which comes with Powerdvd, and I have emailed Cyberlink. However when i entered the override command...
  9. ready boot information

in Windows 10 Support
    ready boot information: Hi everyone, I wanted to know if you have detailed information on how windows 1909 booting works. (Prefetch, ready boot / boost, etc) 162997
  10. DivX and PowerDVD

DivX and PowerDVD: Folks, I have PowerDVD Ultra 15 installed. All is good. I also have DivX 10 installed. It seems like they do the same thing. I hate to sound ignorant, since I'm the one that bought/installed these, but what does DivX do that PowerDVD does not? I've done some internet...