Windows 10: Uninstall the Bloatware Windows 10 came with

Discus and support Uninstall the Bloatware Windows 10 came with in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is how to uninstall the Bloatware that came with windows 10, most users won't use this. *Arrow Uninstall Apps in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bazz, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Bazz Win User

Uninstall the Bloatware Windows 10 came with

This is how to uninstall the Bloatware that came with windows 10, most users won't use this.

*Arrow Uninstall Apps in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Open Powershell as admin and enter the the code for what you want to uninstall. Please don't uninstall things you will use.

Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.ZuneMusic" | Remove-AppxPackageGet-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.Music.Preview" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.BingTravel" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.BingHealthAndFitness" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.BingFoodAndDrink" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.People" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.BingFinance" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.3DBuilder" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.WindowsCalculator" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.BingNews" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.XboxApp" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.BingSports" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.WindowsCamera" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.Getstarted" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.Office.OneNote" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.WindowsMaps" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub" | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.BingWeather" | Remove-AppxPackage

# Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost" | Remove-AppxPackage
    # Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.BioEnrollment" | Remove-AppxPackage
    # Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.Windows.Photos" | Remove-AppxPackage
    # Get-AppxPackage -name "Microsoft.WindowsPhone" | Remove-AppxPackage

It all worked for me apart from Cortana. This is how to stop Cortana This is How to permanently Disable Cortana - Windows 10 Forums

Regards

:)

Bazz, Aug 8, 2015

2. Windows 10

How do I uninstall or turn off all the spam, data mining, and bloatware that came with Windows 10?

NotApplicable01, Aug 8, 2015
  3. How do I uninstall or turn off all the spam, data mining on Windows 10?

How do I uninstall or turn off all the spam, data mining, and bloatware that came with Windows 10?

Original title: Windows 10

NotApplicable01, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

"Bloatware"? You do realize these apps are *TINY* and do not take up much disk space at all.

I also wouldn't call having a photo viewer "bloatware" or Biometric security "Bloatware" or a weather app (the single most popular app in all of windows 10 with nearly every user) "bloatware".

It's simply not responsible to tell people this without telling them what the consequences of doing this are. Such as, no longer having the windows store, or having the map application.

Another thing, MANY people are really interested in the XBOX live streaming capability to play their XBOX games on their PC, and you just binned that for them as well.

So claiming that most users won't use any of those apps is bit presumptuous, don't you think?

Mystere, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Bazz Win User
    Really I'm not telling anyone to uninstall any of it I am just letting people know that they can if they like get rid of things they don't want or need, they can uninstall what they want and keep what they like. I don't see your protest as a valid point at all. If YOU keep things on YOUR PC that YOU don't use that's up to YOU but for those that don't want some of this lets get rid ehh.

Bazz, Aug 8, 2015
  6. BillGates Win User
    that's only hiding the app..
    to truly remove it use DISM.

Code: DISM /Online /Get-ProvisionedAppxPackages | select-string Packagename DISM /Online /Remove-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackageName:**PACKAGENAME**[/quote] FYI: you can't remove Cortana & Cloud Experience.

BillGates, Aug 8, 2015
  7. Salvy Win User
    After a few days desperate looking for the reason why my PC was continuosly hanging... now I know. I completely agree that it is up to ourselves to decide what we want to have installed or not in OUR pc's, specially when they are the cause of the system crashing... Thank you Bazz!! I

Salvy, Aug 12, 2015
  8. Uninstall the Bloatware Windows 10 came with

Removes everything but Store and App connector:
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | where-object {$_.name -notlike "*Microsoft.WindowsStore*"} | where-object {$_.name -notlike "*Microsoft.Appconnector*"} | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -online | where-object {$_.packagename -notlike "*Microsoft.WindowsStore*"} | where-object {$_.packagename -notlike "*Microsoft.Appconnector*"} | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online

nosecureboot, Aug 12, 2015
  9. If we didn't make presumptions when posting helpful fixes and hacks this forum would be a blank space!
    I offer posts based on the assumption that there are some people who have the same issues that I have.
    It seems the original post starter has done the same.

I uninstalled and removed everything possible on my computers after I installed Windows 10.
    I want an operating system to operate as a platform to run other programs, not as a way for Microsoft to tell me the weather, clutter the place up with childish tiles and other useless 'apps' that just take up space.
    My computer isn't a toy!

Also - 'bloatware' doesn't mean that it necessarily takes up too much space and/or resources.
    It qualifies as 'bloatware' if it is in the way, is not wanted and/or needed or visibly interferes with the way I like things set out.

It's bloatware if I didn't ask for it, don't want it and can't get rid of it!

In my view Cortana is 'bloatware.'
    I've turned it off and minimized it so it's impact is less, but it's still there, like Edge, on my computer when I would rather they were both in a pit of fire near the devil's testicles.

teachermark, Aug 12, 2015
  10. Flax Seed Win User
    Thanks, I would use none of these. I also used the Add/Remove Windows Features in Windows 7 to get rid of everything in there. Anything like that I can use to remove more features in W10?

Also how do I pin the programs I most use to the left side of the Start Menu? All I seem to be able to do is put them as those annoying tile things. I get a red circle line when I try to drag them over and the pin option puts them as tiles. I removed a lot from the left side when I first used it (think it was items like calculator, X-Box etc. tand other useless to me things) how do I add my own programs I frequently use instead of ones I never will?

Flax Seed, Aug 12, 2015
  11. crispy40 Win User
    FYI: you can't remove Cortana & Cloud Experience.[/quote] whatever DISM is the windows opens up for a fraction of a sec and then disappears....
    lets assume I can open it what am I supposed to do next?

Help?

crispy40, Feb 7, 2016
  12. crispy40 Win User
    FYI: you can't remove Cortana & Cloud Experience.[/quote] Hey Bill this is great but when i try to open DISM it opens up for afraction of a sec and then it's gone.
    I tried this : Dism /Image:C:\test\offline /Get-Packages /Format:Table but again just got a flash and nothing
    HELP!! How do i do this? what should I enter exactly?

crispy40, Feb 8, 2016
  13. Mystere Win User

Are you typing that into your search box or something? You should open a console window first... then it stays open.

Likewise, you do need to change the part where he puts **PACKAGENAME** to be the actual package you're trying to remove.

Mystere, Feb 8, 2016
  14. Uilly Win User
    Not all of the 'bloatware' is tiny, while they are not taking up a significant amount of space, some of them are not
    all that tiny. Out of curiosity I just checked settings, and found that the 'twitter' one (unused, like the rest of them)
    is squatting on 11.8 MB and 'mail & calendar' is taking up some 4.59 MB.

I use Windows 10 without using a single app that MS has installed, have done so since installing Windows 10
    last July. Have no interest in them. Never used them in win 8 or win 8.1 ...

Only time I notice they are still there, is when MS updates them, or when MS tries to set one of them as a
    'default' app when it 'updates' windows 10. When MS tried that with 'photos' for a second time, I simply
    uninstalled 'photos'. (no longer asked now, what I want to use when I click on a photo)

Uilly, Feb 8, 2016
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    I think that if you take in consideration that 11.8Mb and 4.5.9Mb are very tiny when SSD's and HDD's are measured in GB's.

The only people I see needing to do this are the ones who get laptops with 20Gb SSD's.

BunnyJ, Feb 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Uninstall the Bloatware Windows 10 came with - Similar Threads - Uninstall Bloatware came

2. How to uninstall Windows 10 Bloatware via Powershell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall Windows 10 Bloatware via Powershell?: Hello all,Is there a way that I can uninstall or disable some of the Windows 10 bloatware that comes pre-installed? I'm of course referring to some of the example programs:-Microsoft Store-Skype app regular-Xbox game bar, xbox appsI've tried uninstalling both via an elevated...
  3. How to uninstall Windows 10 Bloatware via Powershell?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall Windows 10 Bloatware via Powershell?: Hello all,Is there a way that I can uninstall or disable some of the Windows 10 bloatware that comes pre-installed? I'm of course referring to some of the example programs:-Microsoft Store-Skype app regular-Xbox game bar, xbox appsI've tried uninstalling both via an elevated...
  4. bloatware

in Windows 10 Customization
    bloatware: after running this command in powershell - DISM /Online /Get-ProvisionedAppxPackages select-string Packagename the results include - AdvancedMicroDevicesInc-2.59462344778C5_10.19.40016.0_x64__0a9344xs7nr4m i think this is the AMD radeon settings lite app is it...
  5. Slower startup after uninstalling hp bloatware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slower startup after uninstalling hp bloatware: So I have a hp laptop and decided to speed it up, so I uninstalled the apps from hp not realtek Intel or AMD apps and so on just stuff like hp assistant. Any idea what could have caused it? submitted by /u/CathaelSM [link] [comments]...
  6. bloatware

bloatware: I want to know why Microsoft thinks its absolutely necessary to install apps like skype, xbox, etc, on all computers, and then makes it impossible to completely remove it, wothout it returning during the next update. Xbox essentially functions asmalware, at this point. You...
  7. Uninstall Program Without Installing Bloatware

Uninstall Program Without Installing Bloatware: Downloaded Nox (an Android emulator) and during installation it installed several bloatware programs which I promptly removed. Those same programs were reinstalled when I uninstalled Nox. I restored my PC to a point before the uninstall and would like to uninstall it again...
  8. Bloatware Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bloatware Windows 10: Way more smarter people on forum. I am in Powershell looking at all my packages. Just curious what stuff does? Microsoft.AsyncTextService_8wekyb3d8bbwe What is it?...
  9. WIndows bloatware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows bloatware: Hi, Now and then I have to reinstall my Windows 10 system and every-time it automatically starts downloading various bloatware, junk and garbage games, dodgy apps and general nonsense. Can I somehow disable it during installation? Even when I block all preinstalled...
  10. Bloatware

Bloatware: I finally received my Dell Laptop. It came with little bloatware and I am very surprised with it. So far it works flawless. However, the bloatware that it did come with, I would like to know if I should remove it. The following is the list of bloatware: 1.)...