Windows 10: uninstall WEatherbug, Instant support, Geek Buddy, PC accelerator.

Discus and support uninstall WEatherbug, Instant support, Geek Buddy, PC accelerator. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to get Google earth I somehow, installed several junk programs WeatherBug Instant support, Geek Buddy, PC accelerator Pluto TV, which I really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dearelliot, Sep 8, 2016.

1. uninstall WEatherbug, Instant support, Geek Buddy, PC accelerator.

Trying to get Google earth I somehow, installed several junk programs WeatherBug Instant support, Geek Buddy, PC accelerator Pluto TV, which I really want to get rid off.
    I have tried "Uninstall on Forum but couldnt find anything similar.

Windows 10

:)

dearelliot, Sep 8, 2016
  2. RichShear Win User

Hearts for Windows 10 - part 2

This is bogus. It downloaded 'weatherbug, pc acel, z-zip, instant support and chromium' , it took 15 minutes to uninstall. Don't fall for it.

Rich

RichShear, Sep 8, 2016
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Sep 8, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

uninstall WEatherbug, Instant support, Geek Buddy, PC accelerator.

If you can find these in your installed programs list, uninstall them that way. Then, download and run ADWCleaner. That should find everything you need to get rid of in the registry and elsewhere. Run the SCAN, verify everything it's found is indeed something to be deleted, then run the CLEAN.

simrick, Sep 8, 2016
  5. Thank you, I worked on iut a bit and have uninstalled some of the junk,
    I am concerned about installing ADW cleaner, I find I'm just not savy about much of this and end up making problems for myself.

dearelliot, Sep 8, 2016
  6. I also find Microsoft C redistributable++ about 8 times installed, most recent today 9-8-2016 I have no idea what that is an if I should uninstall???

dearelliot, Sep 8, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Don't worry about installing ADWCleaner - you'll want to run that for sure. If you're concerned about what it finds, then just run the SCAN, and post the log (found at C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S1].txt). We can have a look at it for you, but usually, you want to remove everything it finds.

simrick, Sep 8, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

If it looks anything like this, it's nothing to worry about.

uninstall WEatherbug, Instant support, Geek Buddy, PC accelerator. [​IMG]

simrick, Sep 8, 2016
  9. YEs it does, thanks...

dearelliot, Sep 8, 2016
  10. lx07 Win User
    The C++ redistributables are installed as a pre-requisite of some other software.

If you are a programmer, when you make a program for windows (and you compile it using their software) it will pull this in as a dependency so when you install it that will be installed also. The version depends on the version of the MS software you are using when you compile your program.

If you un-install a program it will leave the C++ redistributable as the uninstaller doesn't know if another program uses it.

The files are very small, they don't cause any problem and you should leave them.

Personally I have at the moment 2008 and 2012 (32 and 64 bit) which came from games. I also have 2015 (64 bit only which came from a Telnet emulator I use)

What you should note is that they are not cumulative - the 2015 does not include the 2012 etc so you may as well leave them all. Windows update will make sure they are up to date and if you uninstall one you'll just find you eventually get an error like "msc110.dll is missing" and you'll not know what version (2010 or 2012 or 2015) you should re-install.

11. I am a great believer in "let sleeping dogs lie" so yes I will let it sit there.

Any thoughts about the suggestion ADW cleaner as safe and good?

dearelliot, Sep 8, 2016
  12. lx07 Win User
    I am a great believer in 2 things. One is @simrick and the second is ADWcleaner *Wink

As you have them both in one place I'm not sure what to say but I'll try.

Try and download ADWCleaner from the correct place - there are some dodgy sites who give you something else.

If you download it from here ToolsLib - Downloads it works fine.

Thema:

1. uninstall WEatherbug, Instant support, Geek Buddy, PC accelerator. - Similar Threads - uninstall WEatherbug Instant

2. PC Accelerate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Accelerate: Hello!I'm trying to remove the annoying PC Accelerate from my computer. I've gone through several forumns on how to do this, and realize how to do it, but my primary issue is that it is simply not listed under my programs, apps, or features to uninstall. I cannot find it...
  3. PC Accelerate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Accelerate: Hello!I'm trying to remove the annoying PC Accelerate from my computer. I've gone through several forumns on how to do this, and realize how to do it, but my primary issue is that it is simply not listed under my programs, apps, or features to uninstall. I cannot find it...
  4. Geek Tech, Geek Web

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Geek Tech, Geek Web: My laptop locked up tonight. There was a number to call which was supposedly "Windows". 1-800-866-5169. They told me it was a Trojan and after working on it for well over an hour they freed it up and then told me it would cost $249.99 and plus $249.99 they would cover the...
  5. How uninstall Idle Buddy virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How uninstall Idle Buddy virus: Hello i have problem. I have virus on my laptop name of this virus is: Idle Buddy i tried uninstall with settings or control panel but that don't work and i don't wanna lost my data and files. Spyhunter even don't work so how can i delete this virus?...
  6. Pc Accelerate Uninstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc Accelerate Uninstall: I’ve removed all files on the day I downloaded it but whenever I restart my computer the PC Accelerate pop up appears, anyone know how to fully remove it? submitted by /u/2ndPlayerBoi [link] [comments]...
  7. PC Accelerate

PC Accelerate: I have PC Accelerate, but I don't sure is it safe. Can you help me? I don't know about PCA ANYTHING. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pc-accelerate/8e4a9660-6310-4928-bda9-d43cd70dbdd3
  8. how to uninstall idle buddy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to uninstall idle buddy: Keep getting message that uninstall failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-idle-buddy/11ab9d6e-a073-49a7-94ee-31541267e80b
  9. Uninstall Idle Buddy

Uninstall Idle Buddy: Work Group Inc. Product alias " Idle Buddy" how do I remove it? When I click on Work Group Inc Product "Idle Buddy" When Idle Buddy blue window comes up it ask me to type in code I do and the window disappears and nothing happens can anybody help me remove this crappy...
  10. pc accelerator

pc accelerator: I have pc accelerator that keeps popping up on my screen. I don't want it and tried to delete it going to controls , uninstall. It showed it being un installed but it keeps popping up. I can not find any file for it. What do I do. I am not computer literate so an answer...