Windows 10: Uninstall Windows 10

Discus and support Uninstall Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I uninstall Windows 10? I am having a ton of problems and no longer want to deal with them. I cannot go to the Control Panel and say Uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tony0212, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Tony0212 Win User

Uninstall Windows 10

How can I uninstall Windows 10? I am having a ton of problems and no longer want to deal with them. I cannot go to the Control Panel and say Uninstall the program since the Control Panel Uninstall Programs shows only very small % of the programs I have on the computer. Just one of the many problems. I do have a Windows 8.1 flash drive from Dell so I can reinstall Windows 8.1. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

:)

Tony0212, Mar 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Mar 5, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Mar 5, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Uninstall Windows 10

You can Go Back to your previous operating system PROVIDED you meet the following conditions :

1. You installed Win 10 less than 30 days ago.
    2. You have not deleted the windows.old from your C drive.

If you meet the above requirements, you can revert back to your previous Windows by .................

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...s-windows.html

Left click at Start button > left side, click Settings > click Update & Security > left side, click Recovery > right side, under Go Back to Windows 8.1, click the Get Started button.
    That will begin reverting back to Win 8.1. Just follow the prompts from then on.

If you cannot meet the requirements mentioned above, then you will need to use your Dell's Win 8.1 flash drive and do a Clean Install.

davidhk, Mar 5, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Before you begin reverting back to Win 8.1, would you mind describe a few of your problems in Win 10 ?

Also, would you care to do a CLEAN INSTALL of Windows 10 ?
    Clean Install will not allowed you to keep anything.
    You start fresh. No carry-over baggage.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

davidhk, Mar 5, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Boot the computer from that flash drive. It should give you the option to erase the hard drive and start factory fresh.

NavyLCDR, Mar 5, 2016
  7. caperjack Win User
    you couldn't uninstall win10 in control panel anyway ,control panel is part of win10 ,,you need to boot to the Usb as suggested above by--navyLCDR

caperjack, Mar 5, 2016
  8. bobkn Win User

Uninstall Windows 10

A little cruel, maybe.

This doesn't prepare Tony0212 for the fact that every file, setting, and installed program will be lost if 8.1 is installed this way.

bobkn, Mar 5, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Really? You don't think the words "erase the hard drive and start factory fresh" could mean anything else?

NavyLCDR, Mar 5, 2016
  10. caperjack Win User
    One of the reasons I agreed, but we/I tend to forget that a lot of computer users don't really yet know how it all works

caperjack, Mar 5, 2016
  11. bobkn Win User
    Really.

Recall that the OP tried to uninstall the operating system by using the Programs and Features control panel. Sometimes it's desirable to go into almost insulting detail to answer questions that the poster may not know to ask.

bobkn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Uninstall Windows 10

1. Uninstall Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Uninstall

2. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do: I am using an old HP laptop running Windows 10. I have searched and tried everything I’ve found, I cannot get McAfee off my computer. It’s constantly running, taking up memory and disk space, and ending the task in task manager does nothing. My computer is already using...
  3. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...: everything is stuck on pending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-my-xbox-app-on-pc-wasnt-working-so-i/4fa790cc-3195-44eb-9536-9f31bddc21ac
  4. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do: I am using an old HP laptop running Windows 10. I have searched and tried everything I’ve found, I cannot get McAfee off my computer. It’s constantly running, taking up memory and disk space, and ending the task in task manager does nothing. My computer is already using...
  5. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...: everything is stuck on pending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-my-xbox-app-on-pc-wasnt-working-so-i/4fa790cc-3195-44eb-9536-9f31bddc21ac
  6. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?: Hi, after updating windows 10 to latest update my pc got stuck in an automatic repair loop and all troubleshoot options, including uninstalling recent update require admin account password which is allegedly incorrect even after resetting it using another pc. I also checked...
  9. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?: Hi, after updating windows 10 to latest update my pc got stuck in an automatic repair loop and all troubleshoot options, including uninstalling recent update require admin account password which is allegedly incorrect even after resetting it using another pc. I also checked...
  10. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging