Windows 10: Uninstall Wireless Display Media Viewer

Discus and support Uninstall Wireless Display Media Viewer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've recently upgraded to 1703 and have this odd app. [img] According to here (What is Wireless Display Media Viewer - Microsoft Community)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lx07, Apr 6, 2017.

1. lx07 Win User

Uninstall Wireless Display Media Viewer

I've recently upgraded to 1703 and have this odd app.

Uninstall Wireless Display Media Viewer [​IMG]

According to here (What is Wireless Display Media Viewer - Microsoft Community) this Miracast but Get-AppxPackage *Windows.MiracastView* | Remove-AppxPackage fails as it is a system app.

Any idea how to get rid of it? It doesn't actually do anything apart from display an empty window but is a bit annoying...

:)

lx07, Apr 6, 2017
  2. jonlo168 Win User

Hi John,

Just wondering what is the use of this app? I opened it and it shows nothing but an empty screen.

Regards,

Jonathan

jonlo168, Apr 6, 2017
  3. Uninstall Wireless Display Media Viewer

It's possible to uninstall it????

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Valter Vantaggio, Apr 6, 2017
  4. Ghost82 Win User

I'm having this same issue.

Ghost82, Apr 10, 2017
  5. I have the same issue

thecaretaker, Apr 11, 2017
  6. NumberTen Win User
    Upon running I get a black screen also. It states 'Microsoft Wireless Display Media Viewer by Microsoft Corporation' from it's settings menu. There are no sharing options either, so I assume it's just due an update in future. The lack of an icon in the app menu would suggest something might have gone wrong during the update, but this may not be the case.

NumberTen, Apr 11, 2017
  7. tzhu07 Win User
    I have the same issue.

tzhu07, Apr 15, 2017
  8. tbcam88 Win User

Me too. Perhaps @Brink would possibly know of a fix?

tbcam88, Apr 15, 2017
  9. Just showed up for me too.

thegeriatric, Apr 15, 2017
  10. Edwin New Member
    Someone posted here:

Wireless Display Media Viewer stuck on installation after getting - Microsoft Community

Don't know if I wanna do a Reset though! *Sad

Edwin, Apr 15, 2017
  11. Thanks Edwin. But like you said Reset *Sad

thegeriatric, Apr 16, 2017
  12. lx07 Win User
  13. Uninstall Wireless Display Media Viewer

Thanks, then you can install it again in order to have a pure system.

Add-AppxPackage -Register "C:\Windows\MiracastView\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

Be4stElectrjc, Apr 26, 2017
  14. lx07 Win User
    Interesting. They do scatter these apps around. Gone are the days of putting things in Program Files.

Funny Miracast gets its own directory in C:\Windows considering how pointless it is really for most people.

15. Bree New Member
Thema:

1. Uninstall Wireless Display Media Viewer - Similar Threads - Uninstall Wireless Display

2. How to uninstall Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter?: I cannot uninstall the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. It doesn't show in any of the settings or control panel, but shows in the Microsoft store as installed. I am domain admin, not sure where Microsoft has hidden the uninstall option for this in windows 11. Any guidance...
  3. How to uninstall Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter?: I cannot uninstall the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. It doesn't show in any of the settings or control panel, but shows in the Microsoft store as installed. I am domain admin, not sure where Microsoft has hidden the uninstall option for this in windows 11. Any guidance...
  4. Ultra Viewer App uninstall question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ultra Viewer App uninstall question: I made the mistake of a scam and ended up with Ultra Viewer App on my computer. When I try to UNINSTALL it a popup asks me "DO YOU WANT TO ALLOW THIS APP FROM AN UNKNOWN PUBLISHER TO MAKE CHANGES TO YOU DEVICE?" This is the info uninsooo.exe Publisher: UNKNOWN File Origin...
  5. Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wireless Display Adapter: How to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-display-adapter/3055f568-416e-4290-b86b-e02d69f02d1a
  6. Wireless Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Display: Hi so I have been wanting tok connect my Lenovo Y540 to my TV via Wireless Display, but every time I try to connect my laptop freezes shortly when connected and then immidiatly dissconnects again. I cant seem to find anyone with a similar issue online, does anyonee know a...
  7. Connecting Wireless Display

in Windows 10 Support
    Connecting Wireless Display: I connected a wireless display today, which works very well. This is a smart tv with wireless and a pc that has a modern wifi card. But ( there is always a "but"!) there is no sound. The device I have connected to does NOT appear on the list of devices in sound playback. I...
  8. Uninstall Ultra Viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall Ultra Viewer: I need help uninstalling UltraViewer. When I uninstall from the start menu using the normal procedure it just comes back. I believe it is a dangerous app and need to uninstall it. Any suggestions?...
  9. WinMagic SecureDoc Media Viewer won't uninstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WinMagic SecureDoc Media Viewer won't uninstall: I was trying to help my son view docs from his work while he was visiting us this weekend and now I can't get WinMagic's SecureDoc Media Viewer off of my Surface. During the uninstall process it just hangs up. Help with this would be greatly appreciated. ***Moved from:...
  10. Wireless Display Media Viewer does nothing after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Display Media Viewer does nothing after Creators Update: Any fix for this? https://i.imgur.com/0TNCR3H.png [img] 81613