Windows 10: uninstalled anti virus

Discus and support uninstalled anti virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to rid my computer of remnants of uninstalled Bit Defender?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JCAllen1, Aug 10, 2018.

1. JCAllen1 Win User

uninstalled anti virus

How to rid my computer of remnants of uninstalled Bit Defender?

:)

JCAllen1, Aug 10, 2018

2. unable to uninstall Avira Anti-virus

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) How exactly you are trying to Uninstall Avira Anti-virus?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to uninstall?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to uninstall Avira Anti-virus and check if it helps.

1) Press Windows key + x and select Programs and Features.

2) Right click on the Avira Anti-virus and select Uninstall.

If the issue persists, then refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Instructions for manual uninstallation

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Anti Virus Problems

You should not be using more than one anti-vrus program on your computer. Read the
    IMPORTANT NOTE about not using more than one anti-virus program in this

topic

The inability to turn on Windows Defender 8/10 is typically the result of having a third-party anti-virus installed or failure to remove it properly (completely). Since Windows 8/10 Defender includes anti-virus protection, it is
    disabled during the installation of another anti-virus program. If a trial anti-virus (i.e. McAfee, Norton, etc) came
    preinstalled on your computer or you installed one, Windows Defender will be turned off (disabled). Windows Defender recognizes the install and automatically disables itself when other anti-virus products are used
    to avoid conflicts. Windows Defender will remain disabled until that anti-virus software has been completely uninstalled. In some cases, you may need to download and run the anti-virus vendor's clean up tool to remove any remaining
    remnants.

After removal of the third party anti-virus, Windows 8/10 Defender needs to be
    activated
    if you choose to use it. When uninstalling the third-party anti-virus Defender should automatically turn itself on but sometimes you may receive a message indicating
    your system has no protection...click here to turn on Windows Defender. If not, and Defender remains disabled, you will need to manually turn it on.

quietman7 - MVP, Aug 10, 2018
  4. WojtasRed Win User

uninstalled anti virus

Which anti-virus application u can suggest me?

Which anti-virus application u can suggest me?

WojtasRed, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

uninstalled anti virus

1. uninstalled anti virus - Similar Threads - uninstalled anti virus

2. virus and threat protection not restarting after uninstalling anti virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus and threat protection not restarting after uninstalling anti virus: Hi, I have download an anti virus after getting a virus. After the trial ends, I decided to uninstall it and somehow my defender is also disabled. It saying firewall is up but the virus and threat protection is not. What to do?...
  3. virus and threat protection not restarting after uninstalling anti virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virus and threat protection not restarting after uninstalling anti virus: Hi, I have download an anti virus after getting a virus. After the trial ends, I decided to uninstall it and somehow my defender is also disabled. It saying firewall is up but the virus and threat protection is not. What to do?...
  4. virus and threat protection not restarting after uninstalling anti virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Virus and threat protection not restarting after uninstalling anti virus

Virus and threat protection not restarting after uninstalling anti virus: Hiya, i had downloaded an antivirus after getting a virus but after its trial ended i unistnalled it and ive seen that windows defender has been shut down or what not by the anti virus. Ive tried to get help online but nothing is working. It shows me the firewall is up but...
  6. anti virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anti virus: I BOUGHT A ACER ASPIRER 3 LAPTOP ON EBAY , I AM HAPPY WITH IT WAS NEW ONE OPENED BUT NOT USED ,I BOUGHT IT ON THE 09/2O21 BUT IT PREINSTALLED ANTIVRUS ON NORTON AND McAfee ? not sure if they are same company , but i am getting pestered by emails , and pop-ups when I TRY TO...
  7. Anti-Virus

Anti-Virus: Does Microsoft family features have anti-virus protection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/ce4ea72a-e824-464f-9934-4d58e990b41c
  8. Anti-virus

Anti-virus: I turned off windows anti-virus temporarily. And after that, it says my antivirus is managed by my organization. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/e4ee73b4-9a3b-49bf-a111-30b138c063d6
  9. Anti-Virus

Anti-Virus: Which is the best anti-virus for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/1db9fa74-6a73-43c0-9d79-6d1eda9c0749
  10. anti virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    anti virus: Hi my anti virus is not activated and i don't have anyother anti virus program installed in my computer any soulotion ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus/ee86beff-02f1-4265-854d-d048ab2a5b04