Windows 10: uninstalled fonts not showing up in folder

Discus and support uninstalled fonts not showing up in folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have over 25,000 fonts and have been trying to organize them. I have sorted them into folders such as serifs, san serifs etc. The san serif folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by danaspps, Mar 31, 2017.

1. danaspps Win User

uninstalled fonts not showing up in folder

I have over 25,000 fonts and have been trying to organize them. I have sorted them into folders such as serifs, san serifs etc. The san serif folders says that it has 1322 fonts in it but only about 1/3 of them are showing up. The last one showing is Eamon. Before I realized that they were just not showing up rather than missing, I tried to replace some of the "missing" ones, but am told that the folder already contains that font, do I want to replace. I tried opening the folder in command prompt and using dir to see what all was in there but it showed even less than in explorer. (Windows 10) Any ideas?

:)

danaspps, Mar 31, 2017

2. Can't see files in Font folder in Windows 10

I have several gigs worth of fonts installed, however my Font folder shows 0 fonts installed.

When I show the properties of the folder, there are over 59,000 files.

I need to see the fonts so I can delete some of them that emulate Arial, so I can get rid of this darn balloon font that has usurped Arial in several places.

How do I get the files to show up in the Fonts folder so that I can uninstall fonts?

Is there some place else I can uninstall the fonts?

TiffanyFugère, Mar 31, 2017
  3. Installed Fonts not showing up in font folder Windows 10 1703

After updating to 1703 I am missing some of my fonts. I have attempted to reinstall them in the fonts folder Windows says they are already there, but you cant see them or use them in any applications. I then deleted the registry keys for the fonts and
    tried again still with no luck.

any help would be great.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

walters_lake, Mar 31, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

That is a lot of fonts. If in the Windows Font folder, you cannot place them in different folders, they have to stay there. Also you may just want to remove those fonts that you never use.

Windows can automatically hide fonts that it does not need, because that was how they have designed it since Windows 7.

I would try a font manager for what you are doing. Just make sure to back up your system first.

bro67, Mar 31, 2017
Thema:

1. uninstalled fonts not showing up in folder - Similar Threads - uninstalled fonts showing

2. Second instance of fonts folder showing up in AppData\Local folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second instance of fonts folder showing up in AppData\Local folder: While using NexusFont, I noticed that most of my fonts are showing up twice. Further investigation showed me the following related to font locations in my computer new laptop; Windows 11:1. In addition to the regular C:\Windows\Fonts folder, fonts are being stored in this...
  3. Second instance of fonts folder showing up in AppData\Local folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second instance of fonts folder showing up in AppData\Local folder: While using NexusFont, I noticed that most of my fonts are showing up twice. Further investigation showed me the following related to font locations in my computer new laptop; Windows 11:1. In addition to the regular C:\Windows\Fonts folder, fonts are being stored in this...
  4. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.: Good day,I have installed a font. However, it doesn't show in the fonts folder. I tried to open it with \\ComputerName\c$\Windows\Fonts - still, the file isn't there I sorted the files by date to make sure I don't miss it because of obscure file name: nothing showed with the...
  5. Font showing. Not Activated. Not stored in 'Fonts' folder?

Font showing. Not Activated. Not stored in 'Fonts' folder?: Hello. I've got a font in my drop down list in Adobe showing as 'Acumin Variable Concept' although I've never installed the font. I've also never used it via Adobe fonts and it is deactivated. I just reformated my PC and it is still there. Also when I activate the font in...
  6. Fonts not showing in Font Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts not showing in Font Folder: Hi I have a number of fonts that show up in Word and other programs but are not in the Windows 10 Font folder. How can I track where these fonts are so I can either install them in the Font Folder or delete them? Thanks for any advice you may be able to give as I have...
  7. Fonts not showing up in the fonts folder . It says they are there but caint use them . Can...

Fonts not showing up in the fonts folder . It says they are there but caint use them . Can...: Fonts not showing up in the fonts folder . It says they are there but cant use them . Can i delete the font folder and start over ? And it wont let me down load any to this folder . Help Please...
  8. Fonts not showing up in the font folder .

Fonts not showing up in the font folder .: I cant use any of my fonts . It says they are there but i don't see them . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-not-showing-up-in-the-font-folder/a47a6d69-5683-4579-bd56-d63e754a32fd
  9. Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder

Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder: Hey everyone, I have run into a font issue on Windows 10. I currently have a machine that is on Windows 10 1803 version 17134.590. This is a work computer on the domain. The font I am trying to get working is Bookman Old Style. When I looking in the Fonts folder, it does...
  10. Windows 10 Font Folder Not Showing Any Fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Font Folder Not Showing Any Fonts: Hello, I did something really stupid (in retrospect) and now I don't know how to fix it. I had no idea it was going to cause a problem. I installed 30,000 fonts or so, and now the font folder in control panel is saying the font folder is empty. I can't see the fonts...