Windows 10: Uninstallers

Discus and support Uninstallers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Revo Uninstaller............Wise Program Uninstaller Anyone better than the other? 83547 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by milford, May 4, 2017.

1. milford Win User

Uninstallers

Revo Uninstaller............Wise Program Uninstaller

Anyone better than the other?

:)

milford, May 4, 2017

2. Uninstall won't uninstall

I decided to expand/clarify in a very brief summary of the above rant.

In my opinion, most error messages essentially say 'something went wrong' and leave the user clueless what to do next in order to avoid the error.

Consider creating useful error messages that could allow the user to actually address the error, on their own, rather than resort to a nearly endless runaround, flailing in the dark.

bob2001(2), May 4, 2017
  3. Uninstall won't uninstall

Hi Bob,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. I will be glad to assist you on this.

I appreciate your time and effort trying to fix the issue. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I suggest you to boot the system in clean boot state and try uninstalling it.
    Clean boot process will help you determine which third party program/app that is causing this issue. It could be some other application or programs, which runs on the computer at the background, leading to this issue. Please visit the below link
    on how to perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

You can also visit the below link for reference.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2669244

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 4, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User
  5. Bastet Win User
    Long term Revo pro user here, I recommend trying the free version & upgrading if you wish.

Bastet, May 4, 2017
  6. I use Wise, simply because it is free. Revo and Geek claim, that their free version is weaker than a paid one.

TairikuOkami, May 4, 2017
  7. Revo for me. Been using it for years and its always performed outstandingly. No problems, safe and thorough , what more con you ask for? *Smile

indianacarnie, May 5, 2017
  8. Uninstallers

revo pro here cause it's still being updated/supported. i was using youruninstaller cause it is better than revo, but the last update was a good while ago.

ChaChaLaBoom, May 5, 2017
  9. Helmut Win User
    Neither, Revo can certainly be damaging to a Windows installation, I don't use it anymore for that reason.

Helmut, May 5, 2017
  10. Bhrayan23 Win User
    I'm using Revo Uninstaller Pro and so far it never fails me*Smile

Bhrayan23, May 8, 2017
  11. amen

ChaChaLaBoom, May 8, 2017
  12. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

1) Always backup system before adding software especially complex or "dubious" software - then if it doesn't work or is riddled with adware / spyware or worse then it's easy to restore.

2) If a program doesn't un-install properly it shouldn't be on the system in the first place

So I'd avoid any of these "uninstallers". Also before installing a program it's easy enough to do a quick google check on the program to see if there are any problems with it.

In any case decent software will have in the documentation somewhere (maybe in a readme file) how to uninstall it.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 10, 2017
  13. Barman58 Win User

Uninstallers

Revo Pro - Does what it says on the tin

It can also remove programs which were not installed using it ,(as the free version), which can sometimes get a little aggressive, but the pro with the install monitor has never let me down - and it's quicker than an image - though I generally have those too

Barman58, May 10, 2017
  14. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there @Barman58

An image does take longer of course - but my reasoning still stands that if a program DOESN'T uninstall properly it shouldn't be on the system in the first place.

Of course people operate computers differently -- if everybody did things 100% correctly all the time we wouldn't have any need for I.T assistance depts, excellent forums like this one !!!! etc etc.

All one can do is encourage people where possible to try and adopt "Best Practice" type of strategies.

Probably REVO or at least the PRO version is the most reliable of this type of program - it's been around for a long time without adverse comments and I'm sure it's probably got some "Naughty people" out of a jam when a dubious program from a torrent site might have been installed -- but with decent hardware and SSD's taking an image should only take 15 mins max and you can never have too much backup.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 10, 2017
  15. Revo and or geek, only use them when needed which is rare as of late....

python134r, May 10, 2017
Thema:

Uninstallers

1. Uninstallers - Similar Threads - Uninstallers

2. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do: I am using an old HP laptop running Windows 10. I have searched and tried everything I’ve found, I cannot get McAfee off my computer. It’s constantly running, taking up memory and disk space, and ending the task in task manager does nothing. My computer is already using...
  3. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...: everything is stuck on pending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-my-xbox-app-on-pc-wasnt-working-so-i/4fa790cc-3195-44eb-9536-9f31bddc21ac
  4. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do: I am using an old HP laptop running Windows 10. I have searched and tried everything I’ve found, I cannot get McAfee off my computer. It’s constantly running, taking up memory and disk space, and ending the task in task manager does nothing. My computer is already using...
  5. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...: everything is stuck on pending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-my-xbox-app-on-pc-wasnt-working-so-i/4fa790cc-3195-44eb-9536-9f31bddc21ac
  6. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?: Hi, after updating windows 10 to latest update my pc got stuck in an automatic repair loop and all troubleshoot options, including uninstalling recent update require admin account password which is allegedly incorrect even after resetting it using another pc. I also checked...
  9. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?: Hi, after updating windows 10 to latest update my pc got stuck in an automatic repair loop and all troubleshoot options, including uninstalling recent update require admin account password which is allegedly incorrect even after resetting it using another pc. I also checked...
  10. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging