Windows 10: Uninstalling a program only removes its entry from the list

Discus and support Uninstalling a program only removes its entry from the list in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Lately I've started having the following issue: When I click "Uninstall" in the "Uninstall or change program" utility in the control panel, it only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mibaup, Mar 23, 2017.

1. mibaup Win User

Uninstalling a program only removes its entry from the list

Lately I've started having the following issue: When I click "Uninstall" in the "Uninstall or change program" utility in the control panel, it only removes the entry instantly, but nothing happens, and the program remains on the PC

What is it?

Thanks

:)

mibaup, Mar 23, 2017
  2. Time Lady Win User

How to uninstall an installed "ghost" program, i.e. does not appear in the " uninstall or change a program" list

Does the program list an uninstaller under its entry in the program folder?

Download
    Revo uninstaller
    & see if that allows you to uninstall.

This website lists how to remove that program: Genie Cleaner (a.k.a. Super PC Cleaner). How to remove

Time Lady, Mar 23, 2017
  3. CWCUMMINS Win User
    Windows Mobile 6.1 . I cannot remove Uninstalled Software from Apllication Uninstall list

This worked! This was the only place left that the offending entry seems to have existed which made it appear in the uninstall programs list. Thanks so much! After doing all the registry editing that was suggested in this thread, THIS WORKED! Of course,
    one will want to delete the rogue registry entries as well, but this is the step necessary to remove it once and for all from the uninstall programs list. Thanks again!

CWCUMMINS, Mar 23, 2017
  4. anonjwm Win User

Try to run a virus scan such as malware bytes on your machine, could be an infection

anonjwm, Mar 24, 2017
Thema:

1. Uninstalling a program only removes its entry from the list - Similar Threads - Uninstalling program removes

2. Removing a stuck program entry from program list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing a stuck program entry from program list: If a program has been kind of removed but is stuck on the program list, are there any better ways to remove or is it only system restore which takes forever?...
  3. Removing a stuck program entry from program list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing a stuck program entry from program list: If a program has been kind of removed but is stuck on the program list, are there any better ways to remove or is it only system restore which takes forever?...
  4. Removing a stuck program entry from program list

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Odd entry in Programs list

Odd entry in Programs list: Just got the Oct 2020 update installed on WIn10 Home. Have an unusual reg key-looking entry in programs list: [ATTACH] Clicking on details shows: [ATTACH] Never seen this type of entry in Programs before. Any idea what it might be? Cannot uninstall via Windows...
  6. Removing an entry from appwiz that's not in the Uninstall key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing an entry from appwiz that's not in the Uninstall key: I have a program in the appwiz.cpl that doesn't exist under the CurrentVerstion\Uninstall of either the HKLM or the HKCU. Any ideas where else I can look to remove this? submitted by /u/Maladal [link] [comments]...
  7. Remove an Entry from 'Start-up' list

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove an Entry from 'Start-up' list: Hello,A week or two ago I ran a portable program (not installed) if it suits me.After some tests I just deleted the folder with the files because it did not suit me.Recently I noticed it is in the 'start-up' list, tried to delete it - I was refused, so I selected to disable...
  8. want to uninstall program that was not listed in add remove program

want to uninstall program that was not listed in add remove program: while I was installing and uninstalling camtasia software there was a problem that prevents me from uninstalling first the program. then remove it and when i want to setup it again, error code 350...
  9. Remove "Other Options" entry from "Open With" program list

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove "Other Options" entry from "Open With" program list: Hi at all! Does someone know how to remove this entry? [img] Thanks in advance! 123520
  10. Removing notification icon listings from uninstalled programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing notification icon listings from uninstalled programs: Hey guys, Would anyone know how to remove notification icon listings from the control panel for uninstalled programs? I uninstalled iCloud for Windows but the service is still showing up in my notification icon list [img] 66024