Windows 10: Uninstalling AVG antivirus trouble-maker

Discus and support Uninstalling AVG antivirus trouble-maker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Finally have decided to remove AVG antivirus software, too many troubles recently (posted to you my story this week). But first I have some... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Motim, May 3, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

Uninstalling AVG antivirus trouble-maker

Hello,
    Finally have decided to remove AVG antivirus software, too many troubles recently (posted to you my story this week).
    But first I have some questions:
    1. Uninstall from control panel
    2. Uninstall with CCleaner.
    3. Uninstall using AVG remover tool (AVG_Remover.exe), have it downloaded.
    After uninstalling, will win defender start ? now it is 'on' but not operating (Grayed), have also microsoft 'malware removal tool' installed in the past and update it each time by checking ms for new version.
    To clean traces of this AVG from the registry, use CCleaner or manually.
    And after all this operation:
    A. Make full (macrium) backup ?
    Then I plan to install 'bitdefender'
    Please be patient for too many questions.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, May 3, 2017

2. Windows 10 has slowed down system, disabled printer, stalled updates and now even Defender will not update!

it's probably malware making trouble try AVG antivirus at avg.com

James Tobin, May 3, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Security updates

Turning off AVG is not sufficient. You actually need to fully uninstall AVG and then run its removal tool to prevent trouble causing remnants. Windows 10 has Windows Defender which an excellent antivirus with superior compatibility. The new Fall Creators
    Edition adds Exploits, Controlled Folder, access and more. And you lose all of that if WD is off.

SpiritX MS MVP, May 3, 2017
  4. torre Win User

Get more opinions than mine, but I recommend just using the AVG remover tool. Then manually check your registry (regedit) and system folders for leftover entries.

You may also want to download RevoUninstaller to look for any remnants. (forced uninstall, type in AVG)

WD should automatically activate with the removal of AVG.

torre, May 3, 2017
  5. AVG Remover, then CCleaner, then rummage around with File Explorer looking. If you still have an issue go for the REVO.

Wiley Coyote, May 3, 2017
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    No need to rummage around using file explorer ....that is really lame.
    Use the free program Everything Search, it will find any trace of AVG just by typing in what your looking for. (AVG)
    One of the best search programs around...*Smile I suggest to choose the BETA version....Runs great.
    voidtools

OldMike65, May 4, 2017
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    If you want to check your registry for leftovers of AVG, you could use CCleaner, its a very mild reg cleaner. *Smile

OldMike65, May 4, 2017
  8. Uninstalling AVG antivirus trouble-maker

"No need to rummage around using file explorer ....that is really lame..."

LOL, lame or not, I found two Norton folders still hid out after the exercise I went through to get rid of Norton. Truth be told, they probably wouldn't have bothered anything leaving them in place though. And you are right about CCleaner being easy on the registry.

Wiley Coyote, May 4, 2017
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    Point being...Everything could and can find it faster....even in hidden folders....MUCH BETTER than using File Explorer. *Smile

OldMike65, May 4, 2017
  10. WiseMe Win User
    Use Revo uninstaller its works*Wink

WiseMe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Uninstalling AVG antivirus trouble-maker - Similar Threads - Uninstalling AVG antivirus

2. Uninstall AVG Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstall AVG Antivirus: If I uninstall AVG antivirus while in older Windows version like Windows 7, 8 etc, is firewall still on and unsupported microsoft defender enabled back automatically?...
  3. AVG Antivirus Has My Computer Security And I Cannot Change It, including AVG Uninstaller.

AVG Antivirus Has My Computer Security And I Cannot Change It, including AVG Uninstaller.: My Windows 10 Services have three AVG Services I'm denied access to. Windows Defender has no service. I cannot disable AVG Antivirus from loading at startup. I cannot disable it in Windows Settings. I cannot change most file permissions. Third-party uninstallers detect...
  4. How to Uninstall an uninvited AVG Browser; Requested AVG Antivirus.

How to Uninstall an uninvited AVG Browser; Requested AVG Antivirus.: Long ago in the days of UK Pub Space Invaders. About 1981 or 2; I started using Microsoft O.S. V.3.1,or 2. with a Qume Sprint 5 Daisy Wheel Printer with a KSR Keyboard; An 80 column 32K computer; 5 inch twin disk drives and software costing the Price of a House. All up in the...
  5. Removing antivirus such as AVG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing antivirus such as AVG: How do you remove AVG antivirusand stop their annoying pop-up ads? There was a tempting free trial offer to try AVG antivirus; only one of dozens on the market available to download. I was unsatisfied generally and now need to uninstall and remove it completely, mainly...
  6. AVG antivirus

AVG antivirus: How do i delete AVG free antivirus and use Windows Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avg-antivirus/56a2cde5-8281-44d6-8b52-59b691cb882d"
  7. Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version: Can someone please help? I downloaded the free version of AVG Antivirus Free version a while ago and have since uninstalled it but I keep getting the message regarding Windows Update saying that I need to uninstall that programme as it is preventing the update from being...
  8. Unable to remove AVG Antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove AVG Antivirus: I have a problem with AVG antivirus; in fact I think avg is a terrible virus itself. It is in my computer and I can’t get it out. Can some help get rid of that * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: I have a problem with AVG antivirus; in fact I...
  9. Inappropriate behavior of AVG Antivirus

Inappropriate behavior of AVG Antivirus: Hello Forum, I would like to share with you about AVG antivirus which is installed on my pc. When I turn on my pc, first thing is to update the virus definitions in avg, make some scan, then start doing whatever. Last week while reading something in the internet, suddenly...
  10. Avast acquires antivirus maker AVG

Avast acquires antivirus maker AVG: Security giant Avast has announced it intends to acquire fellow Czech-based antivirus software maker AVG for a purchase price of $25.00 per share in cash — resulting in a transaction that will total around $1.3 billion. Avast intends to finance the transaction using cash...