Windows 10: Uninstalling AVG Free

Discus and support Uninstalling AVG Free in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is causing big headache, as what ever I try I am meeting with error oxC0070643. Has anyone had a similar experience, and hoe did they solve it,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by chipwood, May 24, 2016.

1. chipwood Win User

Uninstalling AVG Free

This is causing big headache, as what ever I try I am meeting with error oxC0070643. Has anyone had a similar experience, and hoe did they solve it, please? I know I can go to their support, but before that I'd like to hear what others did. Sometimes it can be less tortuous.

:)

chipwood, May 24, 2016

2. Does Windows Update (Windows 10) restart your computer BEFORE downloading the updates?

1. When (approx. date) did you run the McAfee removal tool?

2. Assuming you activated the preinstalled McAfee free-trial, had the free-trial period already expired by the time you ran the removal tool?

3. Had the McAfee free-trial period already expired by the time you installed the 30-day AVG free-trial on 09 Dec-16?

COMMENT: AVG (and Avast) have been a pretty iffy applications IMHO since Avast acquired AVG last year (e.g.,

the original "How to uninstall AVG" page
    has been replaced by
    this one
    - which also points to the
    AVG Remover tool
    on the original page).

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 24, 2016
  3. mkxy Win User
    Windows 10 error: Host Process has stopped working

I have the same problem and using AVG free, how do I fix it, I don't want to uninstall AVG. Did you report the problem to AVG?

4. brummyfan Win User

Uninstalling AVG Free

brummyfan, May 24, 2016
  5. chipwood Win User
    Thanks! I'll do that, but why do they make things so easy!*sarc

chipwood, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Uninstalling AVG Free

1. Uninstalling AVG Free - Similar Threads - Uninstalling AVG Free

2. AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions: I always scan my computer with AVG every night, using a smart scan, but I have been noticing that files that it comes up with in "junk files" in the performance issues section of the scan has been going down. I'm worried that AVG is deleting important files, because my...
  3. AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions: I always scan my computer with AVG every night, using a smart scan, but I have been noticing that files that it comes up with in "junk files" in the performance issues section of the scan has been going down. I'm worried that AVG is deleting important files, because my...
  4. Uninstall AVG Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstall AVG Antivirus: If I uninstall AVG antivirus while in older Windows version like Windows 7, 8 etc, is firewall still on and unsupported microsoft defender enabled back automatically?...
  5. AVG Free Problems

AVG Free Problems: Hi all. Just upgraded to Edge and I've reinstalled all of my previous antivirus. All seem to be working well (Malwarebytes and Spybot) except for AVG Free. For some reason whenever I double click on the icon I get the blue spinning circle to show that it's "thinking about...
  6. how to uninstall free version of avg antiviris

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to uninstall free version of avg antiviris: it won't work the way it told me to do it. trying to update windows 10 and it is not campatable so tried to uninstall and it won't do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-free-version-of-avg-antiviris/6f1a37a9-63f3-4fdd-9b2b-c347bb5ca845
  7. Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version: Can someone please help? I downloaded the free version of AVG Antivirus Free version a while ago and have since uninstalled it but I keep getting the message regarding Windows Update saying that I need to uninstall that programme as it is preventing the update from being...
  8. AVG Free Edition 2017 Installation

AVG Free Edition 2017 Installation: I've been using AVG Free Edition for a few years but the latest version gives me probs installing and when it is installed the GUI is different and stupid. My last installed version included Zen/Anti-virus but after uninstalling (wasn't an easy task) I can't even find a...
  9. AVG 2015 Free Doesn't Work?

AVG 2015 Free Doesn't Work?: I read that AVG were bringing out updates, but when I upgraded to Windows 10, AVG no longer works or even loads up. Anyone got it working, or something? 12540
  10. After uninstalling AVG, no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After uninstalling AVG, no internet: Here's what happened to a friend's laptop (with windows 10 x64). He had Avg free installed and asked me to remove it and install something else. I uninstalled it restarted and lo and behold, no internet. Wifi was connected though, everything ok in device manager as well. I...