Windows 10: Uninstalling Windows Media Player

Discus and support Uninstalling Windows Media Player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since I rarely use Windows Media Player these days after they changed things in Windows 8, is it worth actually uninstalling it or will that cause some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by swarfega, Nov 24, 2014.

1. swarfega Win User

Uninstalling Windows Media Player

Since I rarely use Windows Media Player these days after they changed things in Windows 8, is it worth actually uninstalling it or will that cause some problems because some facilities are tied to the software?

:)

swarfega, Nov 24, 2014
  2. stylusguy Win User

Drm installation crashing!

maybe u can try this;

1. uninstall windows media player included media transfer driver

2. uninstall Ovi Player

3. Install Ovi Player 1st then

4. Install Windows Media player.

Hope it could help.

stylusguy, Nov 24, 2014
  3. I cannot hear music from cd on my new windows 10 computer

i actually put it on windows media player rather than power media player and it worked can i uninstall the power media player

ErnieWatts, Nov 24, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Some sharing options become unusable, possible other issues too but I've not experienced any thing odd and I've turned my WMP off.

Edwin, Nov 24, 2014
  5. swarfega Win User
    Only thing I might do is use my HiFi which can connect to PC to stream my music collection from it.

swarfega, Nov 24, 2014
  6. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Uninstalling Windows Media Player - Similar Threads - Uninstalling Media Player

2. Accidentally uninstalled windows media player. Is there a way to reinstall it on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally uninstalled windows media player. Is there a way to reinstall it on windows 10?: Accidentally uninstalled windows media player. Is there a way to reinstall it on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-uninstalled-windows-media-player-is/eb4ed8aa-939e-4f72-af8f-1b5b3c29b924
  3. Accidentally uninstall Media Player Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally uninstall Media Player Windows 11.: I accidentally uninstall Media Player on my Windows 11. Could anyone please tell me how to retrieve or download it. Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-uninstall-media-player-windows-11/3fe3eca6-9cac-4c9b-bf28-b8e114a3df02
  4. Accidentally uninstall Media Player Windows 11.

Accidentally uninstall Media Player Windows 11.: I accidentally uninstall Media Player on my Windows 11. Could anyone please tell me how to retrieve or download it. Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-uninstall-media-player-windows-11/3fe3eca6-9cac-4c9b-bf28-b8e114a3df02
  5. Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player?: How do I remove all duplicates on windows Media Player ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player/8be8d9a5-385a-4608-a88d-f3b6b816b7ae
  6. Windows Media Player

Windows Media Player: Hi, I've been trying to rip cd's onto my USB stick, I've been having some issues trying to rip the 1st track of cd's onto it and Windows Media Player keeps ripping the 1st track of my cd's onto a seperate album called "Unkown album" with the date and time at the end of itCan...
  7. Uninstall current version of Windows Media Player and install Win Media Player 12.0

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstall current version of Windows Media Player and install Win Media Player 12.0: I want to RIP CDs to my PC but the current version of Win Media Player does not have that capability. Is it possible to uninstall the current version and then in stall version 12.0. I have a IBuyPower 79C5FQ1, with 160 GB RAM and lots of storage space. Thanks...
  8. windows media player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows media player: just got this pc I need help with windows media player it transfers music [ ripped cds but not album art to my xduoo x3II mp3 ] I have no real understanding of how pc works can someone help...
  9. Windows Media Player

Windows Media Player: Por gentileza, acho que algo esta faltando em meu computador relativo ao Windows Media Player, pois nao consigo assistir um DVD, talvez seja porque atualizei minha versao do Winds 10. Poderiam me ajudar, por favor...
  10. Install or Uninstall Windows Media Player in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install or Uninstall Windows Media Player in Windows 10: How to: Install or Uninstall Windows Media Player in Windows 10 How to Install or Uninstall Windows Media Player in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Media Player 12 (WMP) is included in Windows 10 by default. Windows Media Player allows you to play audio and video...