Windows 10: Uninstalling Windows TouchPad Software

Discus and support Uninstalling Windows TouchPad Software in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft Community, I would like to ask a question about the TouchPad Driver that Windows automatically installed for me. So, I have been using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidAnderson2, Jul 12, 2018.

1. DavidAnderson2 Win User

Uninstalling Windows TouchPad Software

Hi Microsoft Community,

I would like to ask a question about the TouchPad Driver that Windows automatically installed for me.

So, I have been using Windows 10 for 5 months and the first boot it automatically installed a TouchPad Driver for me. I did not notice that and I installed another TouchPad Driver from Lenovo ( because I am currently using a Lenovo U41-70 Model 80J3 ). When I tried to uninstall my Windows TouchPad Software, it said: "If you uninstall this driver, some programs might not run correctly." So I thought that if I uninstall this I won't be able to use the Touch Pad again, neither Lenovo Touch Pad Driver. So should I uninstall Windows TouchPad Driver? Please help.

Windows 10 Pro 1803 x64-bit

Thank you!

:)

DavidAnderson2, Jul 12, 2018
  2. SujataMoktan Win User

touchpad on windows 10

Hi Hartika,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

SujataMoktan, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Giridhar J Win User
    Touchpad not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

ELAN touchpad not working correctly after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Method 3:If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the touchpad driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Arul_D, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Uninstalling Windows TouchPad Software - Similar Threads - Uninstalling TouchPad Software

2. Wireless printer software uninstalled as a result of installation of Windows Update...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless printer software uninstalled as a result of installation of Windows Update...: I know this is not a new problem, but it is worth stressing to Microsoft that it still happens, and OUGHT NOT TO. As it happens, I bought a brand new printer last week, an Epson ET-3750, and installed the absolutely most up to date printer drivers (so don't try that one on...
  3. Can't Uninstall software (ESET) from "Uninstall a program"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Uninstall software (ESET) from "Uninstall a program": Hi everyone I want to update my eset nod but i can't uninstall the previous version of this program. when i want to change or remove this program, windows 10 show Windows Installer alert: "This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to...
  4. Update error 0xc1900209--Need to uninstall unfindable software

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update error 0xc1900209--Need to uninstall unfindable software: I'm currently running Windows 10. Every time I get an upgrade notification, I try the upgrade and always get the message that I have to uninstall Roxio Backup My PC. I've tried everything I can to locate and uninstall this software, and no program finds it. The Microsoft...
  5. Recommended program(s) for uninstalling programs/software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recommended program(s) for uninstalling programs/software?: Hey guys, Just upgraded to Windows 10. I want a good program that really uninstalls and removes all the junk that programs leave behind - I feel like the Windows program uninstaller doesn't do this (although correct me if I am wrong). I just want to keep this PC as clean...
  6. System restore doesn't restore uninstalled software.

System restore doesn't restore uninstalled software.: Maybe I have a misunderstanding of how System Restore works. Yesterday I uninstalled a program that I'd like to now get back. The company that made the program no longer offers archive downloads for that program in particular. Today it occurred to me that I could do a System...
  7. Deleting Registry Entries for Uninstalled Kies Software

Deleting Registry Entries for Uninstalled Kies Software: Hi all I recently uninstalled Kies from my laptop. Not long ago, on bootup, a popup asked did I want to run MASetupCleaner.exe. I declined. Then I went online and discovered it was a Kies file. I found two items in Task Manager, Startup Tab, called "Program" and brought...
  8. Touchpad software not working? Fixed.

Touchpad software not working? Fixed.: My touchpad would not work in 10. After ages of trials and errors found the attched url. Read instructions - you may need to install earlier verion first, linked on page. I went to the attached url and found instructions. It didnt work at first and it took out my keyboard...
  9. how to completely uninstall a software

how to completely uninstall a software: I installed a software two days ago. Now I wish to uninstall it completely and want my PC to be in the state as it was before installing it. A simple uninstall may leave some of the backdoor components installed by this software. Unfortunately, Windows 10 has System Restore...
  10. How to delete driver software after uninstalling device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to delete driver software after uninstalling device.: I am trying to remove the drivers from a device that I am uninstalling but the "Delete the driver software for this device" box to check off is missing. When I go to reinstall the device windows automatically reinstalls the old drivers that do not work. Any idea how I can get...