Windows 10: Uninstalling Windows TouchPad Software

Discus and support Uninstalling Windows TouchPad Software in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft Community, I would like to ask a question about the TouchPad Driver that Windows automatically installed for me. So, I have been using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidAnderson2, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Uninstalling Windows TouchPad Software

Hi Microsoft Community,

I would like to ask a question about the TouchPad Driver that Windows automatically installed for me.

So, I have been using Windows 10 for 5 months and the first boot it automatically installed a TouchPad Driver for me. I did not notice that and I installed another TouchPad Driver from Lenovo ( because I am currently using a Lenovo U41-70 Model 80J3 ). When I tried to uninstall my Windows TouchPad Software, it said: "If you uninstall this driver, some programs might not run correctly." So I thought that if I uninstall this I won't be able to use the Touch Pad again, neither Lenovo Touch Pad Driver. So should I uninstall Windows TouchPad Driver? Please help.

Windows 10 Pro 1803 x64-bit

Thank you!

:)

DavidAnderson2, Jul 12, 2018

2. touchpad on windows 10

Hi Hartika,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

SujataMoktan, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Touchpad not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Uninstalling Windows TouchPad Software

ELAN touchpad not working correctly after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Method 3:If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the touchpad driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Arul_D, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Uninstalling Windows TouchPad Software

1. Uninstalling Windows TouchPad Software - Similar Threads - Uninstalling TouchPad Software

2. Uninstall of a software on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall of a software on Windows 7: Hi all,I want to uninstall HP printer software from my laptop, which is on Windows 7.When I use uninstall feature in Control Panel, there are many questions and eventually it does not get uninstalled..Is there a way to uninstal it such as using trouble shooter, etc besides...
  3. Uninstall of a software on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall of a software on Windows 7: Hi all,I want to uninstall HP printer software from my laptop, which is on Windows 7.When I use uninstall feature in Control Panel, there are many questions and eventually it does not get uninstalled..Is there a way to uninstal it such as using trouble shooter, etc besides...
  4. To Uninstall Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    To Uninstall Software: Uninstall software and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel....
  5. Uninstalled Synaptics TouchPad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstalled Synaptics TouchPad: I uninstalled Synaptics PS/2 Touchpad Driver by mistake and am unable to install it back again. I am using HP Pavillion x360 and am on Windows 10 64 Bit20H2 I also went to HO support website to download it again but it only has the 1909 Version and I am on 20H2 so it...
  6. Cannot uninstall software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot uninstall software: Unable to uninstall software from my child's school laptop. It's a strange application that causes objects to randomly cross browser screen. Bank account login seems unusual. Please help!...
  7. Uninstalling touchpad driver

Uninstalling touchpad driver: I have a new Lenovo Yoga computer and I find the touchpad is very sensitive. I have set the sensitivity to Low already, but I still have issues. Is there a way to uninstall the driver for the touchpad and if so where do I do that? I have already tried accessing the pad...
  8. Uninstall Device Software

Uninstall Device Software: Need to uninstall/reinstall HP OfficeJet 6950 Basic Device Software, but get following error message. "Call to DriverPackageUninstall returned error 5 to the pachage 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\hpwia_oj6950.inf': A caller of DriverPackageInstall must be...
  9. Software uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software uninstall: I am trying to uninstall Quicken 2016. I am running windows10. I get error code 1721 when I try to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-uninstall/4a476f38-a657-4ac2-880f-13ee9501abef
  10. Uninstalled Synaptics Touchpad

Uninstalled Synaptics Touchpad: Hi! I accidentally uninstalled my synaptics touchpad and now my touchpad is delayed with the pointer ( if you know what is mean ). I can't seem to find the right solution to get it back. I tried searching the device manager but wouldn't work. Can anybody help me?...