Windows 10: Unique Problem - No More BSOD but Still Freezes Randomly

Discus and support Unique Problem - No More BSOD but Still Freezes Randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 Freezing Randomly - I know this is sort of touched on in other posts but I have a little bit of a unique situation here... I am no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by callen360, May 29, 2016.

1. callen360 Win User

Unique Problem - No More BSOD but Still Freezes Randomly

Windows 10 Freezing Randomly - I know this is sort of touched on in other posts but I have a little bit of a unique situation here...

I am no longer getting BSOD, i was on the OLD system, which is what started this whole problem. One day out of nowhere I got BSOD memory_managment, then I reset and get BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal, then after a reset I get, BSOD system_service_exception.

Needless to say it was a nightmare, I questioned everything from the memory to the processor to the Northbridge. Well, I reinstalled Windows several times only to remove the BSOD errors leaving this haunting hard freeze ever so often. Several More Reinstalls, with different setups of memory, or PSU or SSD etc... Nothing helped.

At some random, unset interval the system will just lock up.

OK - Maybe it is still some piece of hardware.

NEW HARDWARE>>>>>

New Motherboard, New CPU, New Memory, New SSD For OS, New PSU (The phone call to Microsoft to prove ownership was fun...)

I have eliminated everything I can think of, that said I mean I have REBUILT this computer now.
    I have tried full reinstalls on old drives, then on new drives, then full installs on the new drives, then removed all extra SATA data drives,
    I have tried it with one or the other monitors,
    I have tried it without my UPS,
    I have tried it with and without my DVD-RW,
    I have tried it with and without ALL of my peripherals (drives, readers, speakers, etc)
    only commons left are case, and one usb mouse..... Maybe just maybe it is that damn mouse... but there is no driver loaded for it.

Please help.
    System information in bio is up to date and accurate for new build. Have included Zip file from DM Log Collector if helpful and can easily provide any and all other information.

was running a Nvidia Video card in old system but removed that on new install and removed all drivers (using removal tool), now onto on-board video.

:)

callen360, May 29, 2016
  2. Jasonut Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update... slow internet.

I have the same issues and trying to find a solution.

Creators Update has made my PC terribly slow.

1. Slow to boot

2. It freezes randomly.

3. Programs slow to load.

4. I started getting BSOD's

Computer worked flawlessly prior to this update.

I even formatted the computer and completed clean install. Still slow. Still freezes. However, I don't get BSOD's anymore.

PC is so slow with Creator update it is unusable.

Jasonut, May 29, 2016
  3. My computer randomly freezes or BSOD's

So, I've been having this problem for months now, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong.

My computer randomly freezes or BSOD's at least once a day, My computer has no dust in the fans, nothing is blocking them either, so overheating is out of the way, I think it is more than likely software.

The one BSOD stop code I can remember is "SYSTEM_SERVICE_ERROR" "win32kbase.sys", the last one always changes, sometimes it just isn't there. That BSOD happened about an hour ago.

When it doesn't BSOD it just freezes, usually with a loud pop in my headset, when it freezes my monitors stay on, same as my keyboard and mouse, but I cant do anything on there the audio doesn't work and the fans and lights inside the computer stay on, I
    have no idea what is happening, and am desperate to fix it.

Thanks.

AlexHolmes1658, May 29, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi callen360,

Have you updated the SSD firmware?

What are the 3.3v, 5v and 12v values according to the BIOS?
    Have you checked the sata cables? Tried to connect them into different ports and/or tried different cables?
    Have you ran hardware tests? If you have what tests did you ran and what were the results?
    Please note: new hardware does NOT mean it is good, new hardware can be faulty as well.

Please run CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID, open it and make screenshots of the following tabs
    • CPU
    • Mainboard
    • Memory
    • SPD*
    • Graphics
    *SPD shows the details of each module, you can show the details by choosing different slots in the left upper corner.
    Please make screenshots of each module.

Please post each screenshot in your next reply/replies.

5. callen360 Win User
    Have you updated the SSD firmware? I have searched the site for this answer and the drive that I have doesn't have an updated firmware available.

Last Night I did update the BIOS on my motherboard to the latest version which was from F.3 to F.4, and also updated the Intel video drivers using thier software, just because there was a new version out and it was listed for Win10.

What are the 3.3v, 5v and 12v values according to the BIOS? 3.363v, 5.040V, 12.024V (Photo attached in zip.)

Have you checked the sata cables? Tried to connect them into different ports and/or tried different cables? I have all new SATA cables on all but my DVDRW right now althought it is still the one thing that isn't plugged back in. The SATA cable still is but not the drive or its power. I can remove or replace that cable but even with the drive unplugged and unpowered it has still been freezing up.

Have you ran hardware tests? If you have what tests did you ran and what were the results? I ran the short and long generic test in SeaTools on my SSD, and both of my spinning drives (which are just for data, and have been uplugged and put back during testing periods) and all three passed.

Results from CPUID test screenshots in zip also below.

***After the updates yesterday afternoon, it did go all last night without freezing. Not sure that means anything sometimes it has gone as many as 2-3 days never more than that though.

Attachment 82529Attachment 82530Attachment 82531Attachment 82532Attachment 82533Attachment 82534Attachment 82535Attachment 82536Attachment 82537

callen360, May 30, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    1 thing you need to do = revert back all overclocking, overclocking can cause more instability.

7. callen360 Win User
    Thats wasn't me, It came out of the box from Gigabyte like that.... I will look up how to do that now.

callen360, May 30, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Then it normally isn't a big deal, but it still is an option to see if you can revert it *Smile

9. callen360 Win User
    I went ahead just now and set the Turbo Boost from Auto to 27, which makes it run at the same 2700mHz Turbo as the Regular is. That is the only setting I can see that I was comfortable changing, nothing else looked "overclocked". Did you see something in the numbers that I didn't?

Also, if it matters, it has never frozen up under a load or while doing any saving or rendering in Adobe or anything, it was always sitting idle and all but one or two times the screen saver was on. That is how I know it is froze the screen isn't moving any more and I can't use the keyboard or mouse to get it out of it. When it did do it on the desktop screen it is because I was testing to see if the screensaver was the cause, it still did it...

I have reset the system now twice this morning while tweaking these setting in the BIOS, may not do it for a while, may do it in the next 5 mins. Who knows.

-DCA

callen360, May 30, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    The RAM runs at XMP 2.0, XMP 2.0 is what I meant with overclocking.

11. callen360 Win User
    I went and looked, if that is a direct setting I cannot find it. I have never been much on overclocking so I am a bit of a noob at some of this part of it. I did find memory settings for 'Enhanced Stability' "Normal' or 'Enhance Performance' it was on Normal, I switched it to Enhanced Stability. I hoped this would sort of set that across the board for the memory to be more stable if it sounds right...

Dont know what next?

callen360, May 30, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    I'll have a look at my BIOS when I'm home so I can have a better look at the XMP part, though it is documented in the user manual provided by Gigabyte, having a quick look I think you need to be at the 'System Memory Multiplier' setting.

Another option may also be to load the optimal default settings that you can do by pressing F7 or go to 'Save & Exit' and choose 'Load optimized defaults'

13. callen360 Win User

OK, thank you for your time on this,
    The optimal settings is what was running. It is F7. Should I put it back to that and reset.

callen360, May 30, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Yes and check thereafter what the frequency of the memory is please.

15. callen360 Win User
    Changing it to the optimal setting only put the turbo setting back to 33, 33, 32, 31 in the advanced settings for the CPU and did nothing to the memory, if I take the memory off of auto in the System Memory Multiplier it will only go up so high and the highest setting is the same as the auto.

I then changed it back to the stability setting I was at moments ago. For now.

Memory is running a steady 1066.7 Mhz

callen360, May 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Unique Problem - No More BSOD but Still Freezes Randomly - Similar Threads - Unique Problem More

2. More BSOD problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More BSOD problems.: Hello, all! I was plagued with BSOD issues earlier this month. I ran some memory diagnostics and found an error, so unseated/reseated my memory sticks and the problems seemed to have went away so I figured I had simply not properly seated the memory the first time, as this is...
  3. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  4. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  5. Unique Problem No Fix

in Windows 10 Support
    Unique Problem No Fix: Ive been facing an issue in Windows 10 for quite a few months now. I never noticed the issue before but now its more frequent depending on the application I open. When opening certain applications the system appears to be bogged down as if it hangs or has some sort of slow...
  6. Audio Unique Problem Still Unfixable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Unique Problem Still Unfixable?: I have a weird problem that hasn't been recalled before. Basically one day after a Windows 10 Update I found out that my speakers weren't working, so I installed an earlier version, and that was it. Then I get an update again a few days ago, and this time everything seemed...
  7. Random freezes and BSODs

Random freezes and BSODs: I have a Sony VAIO laptop, model SVE14A290X, which had Windows 8.1 installed on it. I waited until late December 2015 to upgrade to Windows 10, and followed all of the instructions and driver downloads given on the Sony website.But since then I've been having regular freezes...
  8. Random Freezes/BSoDs?

Random Freezes/BSoDs?: Hello everyone. I have recently been receiving constant freezes (hard freezes, can't do anything, computer is still running but Gpu fans stop, monitor freezes, controls lock up, etc.) and BSoDs. To add some backstory, this just randomly started happening about 4 months after...
  9. Random freeze and BSOD

Random freeze and BSOD: Hi, i have random freeze and BSOD with various errors. dumps as requested by stickythread are attached. i will provide more dumps when the problem will happen again. Thank you. The problem was caused by the motherboard (BIOS P1.90), it seems that does not...
  10. BSOD more or less randomly

BSOD more or less randomly: I did some troubleshooting by myself with the first memory dump, and I concluded that there was something wrong with my network card drivers, which I updated. Then I got two more BSODs (I have gotten a lot more before these three, but I haven't enabled memory dump then), with...