Windows 10: unit reboots

Discus and support unit reboots in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hope this the rite area to post. I have a Dell OPTIPLEX 755 running win 10. This thing will all at once black out and reboot from startup all by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ben Daniels, Jun 18, 2017.

1. unit reboots

Hope this the rite area to post. I have a Dell OPTIPLEX 755 running win 10. This thing will all at once black out and reboot from startup all by itself. It sees to work alright otherwise. Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong? Not sure where to start. Thanks for any help.

:)

Ben Daniels, Jun 18, 2017
  2. Reboots Win User

Failed to install KB3213986

Hi Gerry CJ Cornell,

Thanks for your assistance!

-- CCleaner modified to NOT start with computer

-- CCleaner modified to NOT monitor system

-- NetTcpPortSharing modified from Disabled to Automatic

-- Added three folders to Malware Exclusions within Malwarebytes Paid version

-- Windows Defender is turned off

-- BitDefender Free Edition settings are a bit unclear on how to exclude files manually. Installed new trial version of BitDefender 2017.

-- After reboot, Successfully Installed message on (KB3213986)

-- Will continue to update per your suggestions. Thanks again!

Reboots, Jun 18, 2017
  3. Reboots Win User
    Reboots, Jun 18, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

unit reboots

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) msconfig (in the pop up system configuration > move the dot from normal startup to selective startup > uncheck load startup items > click service tab > in left lower corner check hide all Microsoft services > in the lower right side click disable all > click apply or ok > do not reboot)

6) taskmgr (in the pop up task manager > click on the start up tab > click on status so that the column sorts with enable rising to the top > right click on each row with enable and change to disable)

7) shutdown /r (you will reboot the computer so that it is in clean boot)

Evaluate the performance on your computer in clean boot during typical use. Are the boots faster or slower? Are the shutdowns faster or slower? How has the video performance changed? Is it better, worse, or the same? Continue using clean boot indefinitely to monitor performance.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows
    How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

Pending the results of the above you will perform additional studies/tests.

zbook, Jun 19, 2017
  5. Thanks so much for ur time I think it might of worked I not sure I did it rite but thanks

Ben Daniels, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

unit reboots

1. unit reboots - Similar Threads - unit reboots

2. Trying to buy MSFS: can not select province of Ontario change country/region from United...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to buy MSFS: can not select province of Ontario change country/region from United...: I'm trying to buy from https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/microsoft-flight-simulator-premium-deluxe-40th-anniversary-edition/9PJ15D3RDXMV/0010when selecting 'buy' and choosing cc payment, I'm unable to select my Canadian address. My MS account setting and my PC region...
  3. Trying to buy MSFS: can not select province of Ontario change country/region from United...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to buy MSFS: can not select province of Ontario change country/region from United...: I'm trying to buy from https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/microsoft-flight-simulator-premium-deluxe-40th-anniversary-edition/9PJ15D3RDXMV/0010when selecting 'buy' and choosing cc payment, I'm unable to select my Canadian address. My MS account setting and my PC region...
  4. I can't remove the English United Kingdom on my keyboard layout.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove the English United Kingdom on my keyboard layout.: It's not showing under Settings. Can't remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-the-english-united-kingdom-on-my/54545d94-4395-4507-9f54-2b4faa91ecf7
  5. I can't remove the English United Kingdom on my keyboard layout.

I can't remove the English United Kingdom on my keyboard layout.: It's not showing under Settings. Can't remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-the-english-united-kingdom-on-my/54545d94-4395-4507-9f54-2b4faa91ecf7
  6. EC-WS115 Sharp Weather Station. No CD for brand new unit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EC-WS115 Sharp Weather Station. No CD for brand new unit: I bought a brand new unit still in the wrapper, but there's no CD. There aren't any download links that work either. Does anyone have a copy of the CD I can use to set up my new paperweight? I have already done the updates to use a different API but I need the original...
  7. EC-WS115 Sharp Weather Station. No CD for brand new unit

EC-WS115 Sharp Weather Station. No CD for brand new unit: I bought a brand new unit still in the wrapper, but there's no CD. There aren't any download links that work either. Does anyone have a copy of the CD I can use to set up my new paperweight? I have already done the updates to use a different API but I need the original...
  8. Remove Windows Display Language: English United States

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Windows Display Language: English United States: Hi.How do I remove English United States as a display language? English United States is not listed as a keyboard, as my region, or in any other visible Windows settings. However, I've got English United Kingdom and English United States as my two display languages. I've...
  9. Remove Windows Display Language: English United States

Remove Windows Display Language: English United States: Hi.How do I remove English United States as a display language? English United States is not listed as a keyboard, as my region, or in any other visible Windows settings. However, I've got English United Kingdom and English United States as my two display languages. I've...
  10. Remove Windows Display Language: English United States

in Windows 10 Customization