Windows 10: Universal Windows apps do not resize correctly

Discus and support Universal Windows apps do not resize correctly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is the same problem as described in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kg415, Jul 26, 2018.

1. kg415 Win User

Universal Windows apps do not resize correctly

This is the same problem as described in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...y/06d20312-2df8-40a2-9898-63d66729fbc8?auth=1 which has been locked for some reason:

"I've been having an issue with random apps for a while now and it just dawned on me that everything having this issue, is a universal app.

Enlarging the window beyond the size it launched at, results in the contents scaling, the borders moving accordingly, but a big transparent hole between the initial edge(s) and the new ones. If I enlarge the window and close it (which has to be done via the taskbar button since there is no control box visible), then it's good at that size on the next launch."

Once this problem starts to occur, it persists until logoff. After logging back in, apps resize properly again.

:)

kg415, Jul 26, 2018

2. Universal Windows apps do not resize correctly

Hi Jim,

We appreciate your effort in attaching a link to describe the issue that you are experiencing. This issue might have been caused by a corrupted user account or system file, or a software conflict. For us to know the root cause of this issue, we would like
    to ask the questions below:

• Have you noticed any recent changes to your system settings prior to this issue?
    • What is the build number and version of your Windows?
    • Have you recently installed a program before this issue arises?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend running the Windows app troubleshooter. After the troubleshooter is done,
    try resizing the built-in apps in Windows 10.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 26, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Universal Windows apps do not resize correctly

I've been having an issue with random apps for a while now and it just dawned on me that everything having this issue, is a universal app.

Enlarging the window beyond the size it launched at, results in the contents scaling, the borders moving accordingly, but a big transparent hole between the initial edge(s) and the new ones. If I enlarge the window and close it (which has to be done via
    the taskbar button since there is no control box visible), then it's good at that size on the next launch.

Words don't explain it that well, so this is a recording of what's happening.

https://gfycat.com/ActualWellmadeIncatern

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

Jim (Vaelek), Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Universal Windows apps do not resize correctly - Similar Threads - Universal apps resize

2. Universal mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Universal mail App: I purchased the Universal mail App. When I tried to log in to my third-party email account it gives the message "account type not support" . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-mail-app/82675005-5158-41aa-aa4f-f4f9343170c2
  3. Precise resizing of app windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Precise resizing of app windows: Hi, I experience a rather strange behaviour of resized windows that they sometimes get added twice the size that I indicate with the mouse. Let's say that I drag a window edge by 100 px and it changes the window width by 200 px, instead of 100. I don't know if it's a bug or...
  4. Resizing App Windows

Resizing App Windows: Is there any way that I can resize an app window so that the whole window shows on my screen? Some of my apps open in a window that is larger in hight than my computer screen, and there is no way that I can move the window so that I can see the bottom part of it....
  5. Universal apps

Universal apps: Hello Microsoft I need a bit of help with something. I need a way of hiding Universal apps from being in my start bar. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-apps/0e601425-6323-4ead-b1b4-0e6f208dd544
  6. Problem with the universal Windows Mail app.

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with the universal Windows Mail app.: One option for syncing MS Mail with my account at outlook.com is called 'as items arrived'. This was working fine until a few weeks ago. It's possible the last cumulative update caused this. Have those who use MS Mail ever run into this problem and know of a fix if it's not a...
  7. Universal app emulator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Universal app emulator?: Please read carefully before replying. I have read here that a developer can use an emulator included in Microsoft Visual Studio to test his universal (modern interface, Windows Store) apps, even if he is running Windows 7 on his computer. This is interesting as there are...
  8. how do i know if an installed app is an universal app?!

how do i know if an installed app is an universal app?!: many vendors are releasing their uwp... now i have doubts i couldn't answer... will the new uwp coming out automatically update/remove the old app?! will i have to manually install the new uwp and remove the old app?! will i have two app/uwp installed?! how do i check, in...
  9. Universal apps how to?

Universal apps how to?: Is there a way to check if an app is Universal or not? For example, if I want to install the Netflix Universal app, will it just automatically be the one in the store? Because, isn't there still a non-universal version? Also, I have heard about people sorting or organizing,...
  10. iOS apps coming to Windows Universal Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    iOS apps coming to Windows Universal Apps: One thing that didn't get much notice during the Build keynote speech is that Visual Studio 2015 can now build native Objective C apps and target Windows Universal, including the iOS libraries. Apparently, King Games used this to bring Candy Crush Saga to Windows Universal....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows to not resize properly