Windows 10: (Universal) Windows Apps - Startup entry.

Discus and support (Universal) Windows Apps - Startup entry. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Guys, I have recently installed the Spotify from the windows store. It creates two startup entries as shown below: Microsoft OneDrive -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Spunky, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Spunky Win User

(Universal) Windows Apps - Startup entry.

Hello Guys,

I have recently installed the Spotify from the windows store.

It creates two startup entries as shown below:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I would like to remove them both from the startup, however I could not locate the registry keys nor the files which are suppose to execute them.

I have followed the guide below to no avail.

Add, Delete, Enable, or Disable Startup Items in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Any suggestions ?

All the best!

:)

Spunky, Aug 17, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 17, 2017
  3. App Transfer

will only work if it is a universal app (i.e. works on both Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8/8.1), if it isn't then it will remain separate entries and you will need to re-purchase etc.

adrianhughesNSD, Aug 17, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Spunky, *Smile

Was it not listed in CCleaner either?

Brink, Aug 17, 2017
  5. Spunky Win User
    No, unfortunately, it wasn't listed there. I have also tried to locate any startup entry with Autoruns but no luck either.

Spunky, Aug 17, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, use the Find and Find Next feature in Registry Editor to search for Spotify to see what it finds. List any keys it finds here to see if one may be the culprit.

*Arrow Registry Editor - Find and Find Next

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. (Universal) Windows Apps - Startup entry. - Similar Threads - Universal Apps Startup

2. TaskManager startup entries missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TaskManager startup entries missing: I just noticed that the entries in start up are missing. I ran a command to check what my startup programs are and they are all still registered how I would expect them to be, and they all start up when I reboot my computer, they're just not showing up in Task Manager. I also...
  3. Universal mail App

Universal mail App: I purchased the Universal mail App. When I tried to log in to my third-party email account it gives the message "account type not support" . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-mail-app/82675005-5158-41aa-aa4f-f4f9343170c2
  4. What are these 2 startup entries?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are these 2 startup entries?: I have these 2 errenoues entries that appear when I run Autoruns: \Microsoft\Windows\SMB\UninstallSMB1ClientTask File not found: Unrestricted \Microsoft\Windows\SMB\UninstallSMB1ServerTask File not found: Unrestricted It's a fresh Windows 10 install. I did enable the: -...
  5. Universal apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Universal apps: Hello Microsoft I need a bit of help with something. I need a way of hiding Universal apps from being in my start bar. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-apps/0e601425-6323-4ead-b1b4-0e6f208dd544
  6. Windows 10 store apps startup entry

Windows 10 store apps startup entry: Hey guys I downloaded Spotify from the windows store...delete it..now the startup entry is still in task manager startup .... I tried looking in current version run in regedit...but can't find it. Where is the start up folder for Windows 10 store apps? 134068
  7. Creating a registry key for a universal context menu entry?

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a registry key for a universal context menu entry?: I am a constant user of Textpad test editor, in every context, but their setup option to have "Open with Textpad" on every context menu is broken in Windows 10. Occasionally, I also use Notepad++, but it is not a substitute because of the collection of editing tools,...
  8. Universal app emulator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Universal app emulator?: Please read carefully before replying. I have read here that a developer can use an emulator included in Microsoft Visual Studio to test his universal (modern interface, Windows Store) apps, even if he is running Windows 7 on his computer. This is interesting as there are...
  9. Universal apps how to?

Universal apps how to?: Is there a way to check if an app is Universal or not? For example, if I want to install the Netflix Universal app, will it just automatically be the one in the store? Because, isn't there still a non-universal version? Also, I have heard about people sorting or organizing,...
  10. Uknown Startup entry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Uknown Startup entry: Hello everyone and Merry Christmas! I'm troubled with the following entry in the startup of my Windows 10 Pro x64: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce] "Uninstall...