Windows 10: Unknow Publisher Warning

Discus and support Unknow Publisher Warning in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I downloaded and opened updated drivers and software for new printer, but then my comp asks me if I will allow this app to make changes to my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by MSCHO32, Dec 16, 2016.

1. MSCHO32 Win User

Unknow Publisher Warning

I downloaded and opened updated drivers and software for new printer, but then my comp asks me if I will allow this app to make changes to my computer....publisher unknown. I am hesitant to allow this, but I got the download from Brother website. Any advice please.

:)

MSCHO32, Dec 16, 2016
  2. george 44 Win User

Can't uninstall chomium

Can't unistall chomium when I tried I get an screen ask me do you want this app from an unknow publisher make changes to your pc

george 44, Dec 16, 2016
  3. george 44 Win User
    Can't unistall chomium when I tried I get an screen ask me do you want this app from an unknow publisher make changes to your pc

george 44, Dec 16, 2016
  4. Unknow Publisher Warning

If you know for a fact that you were on a real Brother site I would use them.

You could right click on file and run it through your virus scanner.

Also create a restore in case you have to retreat.

Caledon Ken, Dec 16, 2016
  5. Asuza Win User
    Hi,

The installer did not seem to have a certificate or it's outdated.

However, if you trust the website and you got it from the official Brother website everything is fine.

Cheers.

Asuza, Dec 16, 2016
  6. MSCHO32 Win User
    Thanks so much!! All went well! *Smile

MSCHO32, Dec 16, 2016
  7. Asuza Win User
    Glad to hear you got it sorted.

If you would like to know more about certificates and what they do take a look here: Code signing - Wikipedia

Cheers.

Asuza, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unknow Publisher Warning

1. Unknow Publisher Warning - Similar Threads - Unknow Publisher Warning

2. Unknow Slow Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknow Slow Down: To make this simple i have a strange bug going on my laptop after a windows update where the processors slow down massively compared to before. This is not the first time this has occurred either after an update. The only why i have found to fix it was a factory reset and...
  3. Unknow files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknow files: Hey I just bought a zephryus rog 15 asus, and I saw these files just pop up. Are these safe? How can you tell if its safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknow-files/ebcddbc3-3905-4c9e-8047-f0272a5bccf8
  4. Unknow files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknow files: Hey I just bought a zephryus rog 15 asus, and I saw these files just pop up. Are these safe? How can you tell if its safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknow-files/ebcddbc3-3905-4c9e-8047-f0272a5bccf8
  5. Unknow Disk Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unknow Disk Usage: Hi, I have a 128GB (120GB?) SSD as my C: drive and a 3TB HDD as my D: drive. I put virtually all my programs and data on the D: drive and have the SSD as a fast boot up with the essentials. Just lately, though, the SSD has been showing as nearly full: 106GB out of the max...
  6. Publisher

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Publisher: Why is publisher so painfully slow to use and why are there no print previews before printing ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/publisher/851a65f8-40bc-4416-8008-a0caa1dae292
  7. Task Manager and other programs give unknown publisher warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Manager and other programs give unknown publisher warning: I have fairly frequently run Task Manager and Power shell, probably daily. Today, trying to run both Powershell and Task Manager and also when I looked at creating a restore point I get a dialog box which says that Powershell.exe Taskmgr.exe have an "Unknown Publisher" and I...
  8. Unknown publisher warning (ICALCS integrity level changed on its own)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown publisher warning (ICALCS integrity level changed on its own): Hello, I run programs via links toolbar. Have done so since NT. Today, warning started popping each time. After much googling I found the fix: ICACLS "%userprofile%\Favorites\Links" /Setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)Medium But will fix last, or will Windows keep changing it to a...
  9. program unknow

program unknow: what is program "afraid provide research " and how I can delete it Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-unknow/9763c442-2fd8-4b78-b2c5-2f5b772c3b5a"
  10. permanently turn off 'security warning' 'publisher unknown'

permanently turn off 'security warning' 'publisher unknown': permanently turn off 'security warning' 'publisher unknown' 'always ask before asking this file' is already off 108401