Windows 10: Unknow Publisher Warning

Discus and support Unknow Publisher Warning in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I downloaded and opened updated drivers and software for new printer, but then my comp asks me if I will allow this app to make changes to my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by MSCHO32, Dec 16, 2016.

1. MSCHO32 Win User

Unknow Publisher Warning

I downloaded and opened updated drivers and software for new printer, but then my comp asks me if I will allow this app to make changes to my computer....publisher unknown. I am hesitant to allow this, but I got the download from Brother website. Any advice please.

:)

MSCHO32, Dec 16, 2016
  2. george 44 Win User

Can't uninstall chomium

Can't unistall chomium when I tried I get an screen ask me do you want this app from an unknow publisher make changes to your pc

george 44, Dec 16, 2016
  3. george 44 Win User
    Can't unistall chomium when I tried I get an screen ask me do you want this app from an unknow publisher make changes to your pc

george 44, Dec 16, 2016
  4. Unknow Publisher Warning

If you know for a fact that you were on a real Brother site I would use them.

You could right click on file and run it through your virus scanner.

Also create a restore in case you have to retreat.

Caledon Ken, Dec 16, 2016
  5. Asuza Win User
    Hi,

The installer did not seem to have a certificate or it's outdated.

However, if you trust the website and you got it from the official Brother website everything is fine.

Cheers.

Asuza, Dec 16, 2016
  6. MSCHO32 Win User
    Thanks so much!! All went well! *Smile

MSCHO32, Dec 16, 2016
  7. Asuza Win User
    Glad to hear you got it sorted.

If you would like to know more about certificates and what they do take a look here: Code signing - Wikipedia

Cheers.

Asuza, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unknow Publisher Warning

1. Unknow Publisher Warning - Similar Threads - Unknow Publisher Warning

2. unknow device on device management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unknow device on device management: hi i have an unknown device on my device manager in win 10 i didnt change any hardware just i dont know how should i install it already check for windows update and windows cant detect he hardware and the driver for it the device instant path is :...
  3. sudden unknow problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sudden unknow problem.: i do not know what happend , one sudden update mass my computer, my visual studio can not work anymore. visual studio output has no right to exec "cl.exe", what it is!, i am crazy ,i have buzy work to finish. [ATTACH]...
  4. unblock publisher

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unblock publisher: using windows 10. how do I unblock a publisher so I can download and install a program from this publisher,s website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unblock-publisher/af71cf96-dab0-4f8d-9c2d-92f4c97e73ec"
  5. ssd with unknow TBW

ssd with unknow TBW: The samsung 256 Gbyte ssd pm961 has an unknow TBW. but a 3 year warranty. Does this mean it' s risky if you want to use the ssd for 5 years within a TBW of 100? 125559
  6. Unknow icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknow icon on desktop: There is an unknown icon in the upper left corner of my Windows 10 desktop. It looks kind of like a hand. Right clicking on it, does not do anything. I cannot drag it either. Left clicking does nothing. I have attached a screen shot showing it. [ATTACH]...
  7. permanently turn off 'security warning' 'publisher unknown'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    permanently turn off 'security warning' 'publisher unknown': permanently turn off 'security warning' 'publisher unknown' 'always ask before asking this file' is already off 108401
  8. Unknow Blue Screen

Unknow Blue Screen: hi, can someone take a look at the crash reports and give me some idea what i should do? thanks, Nathan Saunders 88201
  9. Was blue screened unknowing why

Was blue screened unknowing why: Attachment 64806 I was on google plus and facebook when my BSOD happened I do not know what is wrong and would like to know thank you 41199
  10. Publisher

Publisher: Recently updated to W10. Went to print out a calendar using my Publisher program, only to discover it won't print it out. Printer works on other tasks (outside of Publisher). I believe it won't print out because of the recent upgrade to W10. Is there a solution/work around...