Windows 10: "Unknown Account" with SID in Windows Security

Discus and support "Unknown Account" with SID in Windows Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There are a lot of occurrences out there for the is problem on the web looking for a fix! Trying to remove these "Unknown Accounts" produces erroer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ErnestStanley, Aug 27, 2018.

1. "Unknown Account" with SID in Windows Security

There are a lot of occurrences out there for the is problem on the web looking for a fix! Trying to remove these "Unknown Accounts" produces erroer codes, one of which, is telling us the removal needs to be done at the parent directory.

Nothing I read had an effective way to find out where these "Unknown Accounts" came from.

I removed them at the parent.

Then I got back to Sleep issues and it turns out the SIDs were media devices on the Home LAN by troubleshooting with powercfg -requests and tracking down:

SYSTEM:

[PROCESS] \Device\Harddiskvolume4\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe

Media Sharing has been enabled through windows media player.

Will those connections reestablish and reflect the right account name on their own or do I have to do something?

:)

ErnestStanley, Aug 27, 2018

2. Skype, Groove, Mail, e.t.c. Security, Account Unknown

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

• Do you have any issue while accessing those apps?

• If yes, what are the challenges you're facing with them?
    The Account Unknown with SID (security identifier) indicates the User Profile which is no longer exists. You can see this, when account may not be removed correctly. Since you have only one User Account on your PC, I suggest
    you to go for a complete system scan with Windows Defender to see if any malware causing this issue.

Going forward, I suggest you to keep your PC up to date with Windows Updates to make your PC run smooth:

• Press Windows logo + R keys, enter
      ms-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.
    • In Settings, go to Update & security > Windows Update, and then select
      Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Pirx Win User
    The mysterious unknown account: Threat or harmless bug?

Well, this one may be different. Notice that this particular SID is not a user account SID, it's what is called an "application SID" in order to specify permissions for application containers. Windows 10 is using these all over the place, which can complicate things considerably. The fact that this is listed as an "Account Unknown" does not necessarily mean that it's not needed. As a matter of fact, in the case of the SID above I have seen reports of people having deleted the SID from permissions, only to end up with a broken system (Edge crashing on launch, etc., etc.) Fixing such a system is possible, but not straightforward, and will require some PowerShell wizardry...

4. "Unknown Account" with SID in Windows Security

DragonFireDon22, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

"Unknown Account" with SID in Windows Security

1. "Unknown Account" with SID in Windows Security - Similar Threads - Unknown Account SID

2. Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab: I have got Unknown Account in my C driver's Security Tab...I removed that, but when I restart My PC, again it comes... Sometime My PC take long time to Open, and when I Open MS word, it doesn't open, I have no access to install or uninstall a program....please help me....
  3. Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab: I have got Unknown Account in my C driver's Security Tab...I removed that, but when I restart My PC, again it comes... Sometime My PC take long time to Open, and when I Open MS word, it doesn't open, I have no access to install or uninstall a program....please help me....
  4. advanced security settings owner account unknown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    advanced security settings owner account unknown: After my computer died I removed the C drive and installed it my new computer which already had a C drive as K drive - I mainly wanted to access data files that were stored on that computer since the new computer had Windows 10 installed. Today I tried to access...
  5. How can I remove persisting 'Acccount Unknown' SIDs in security permissions from all...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I remove persisting 'Acccount Unknown' SIDs in security permissions from all...: Hello, I had an issue with my main user account a while ago where the NTUSER.DAT file got corrupted somehow. The recommended fix was to create an entirely new user account and transfer everything, then delete the original using the built-in settings options. However, this...
  6. Strange "Unknown" User Account on Security Tab

Strange "Unknown" User Account on Security Tab: I happened to look at the Security tab of file properties and noticed a strange "Unknown" user account. The SID isn't listed in the registry under HKEY_Users and doesn't appear in Control Panel User Accounts. Should I delete this account? How can I figure out what it is?...
  7. Unknown SID

Unknown SID: I have a SID no. listed as a user in my homeusers group on windows10 pro. It starts: icon w/ ? mark S-1-11-96-..... I cannot a reference to determine who or what this is. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  8. Built In admin account's SID is blank.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built In admin account's SID is blank.: Using windows 10, and recently renamed the built in admin account by using the command lusrmgr.msc. After renaming the account i pressed refresh and closed the window. The next time when i run the same command lusrmgr.msc and click on users, I get an error saying that there...
  9. Mysterious account SID in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mysterious account SID in Windows 10: Account Unknown(S-1-15-3-1024-1065365936-1281604716-3511738428-1654721687-432734479-3232135806-4053264122-3456934681) So when is MS gonna deal with this issue? Remove them if I don't need them? Unknown accounts ? https://social.technet.microsoft.com...in10itprosetup...
  10. Find Security Identifier (SID) of User in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Security Identifier (SID) of User in Windows: How to: Find Security Identifier (SID) of User in Windows How to Find Security Identifier (SID) of User in Windows Sometimes, you need to know what the security identifier (SID) is for a specific user on the system. A SID is a string value of variable length that is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unknown SID showing up with read permissions in windows 10 1809

2. windows 10 account unknown s-1-15-3

3. windows account unknown

4. accounts unknown s-1-15-3-1024-1065365936,
  5. sid listed that no longer exists on parent,
  6. unknown account SID,
  7. windows security account unkown,
  8. microsoft account unknown account unknown(s-1-15-3-1024-1065365936-1281604716-3511738428-1654721687-432734479-3232135806-4053264122-3456934681),
  9. user unknwon sid windows,
  10. S-1-15-3-1024-1065365936-1281604716-3511738428-1654721687-432734479-3232135806-4053264122-3456934681