Windows 10: Unknown Device Disconnected sounds

Discus and support Unknown Device Disconnected sounds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am getting numerous Device Disconnected sounds and occasionally Device Connected sounds. I am trying to trace the source of these and started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MacNala, Jan 9, 2016.

1. MacNala Win User

Unknown Device Disconnected sounds

I am getting numerous Device Disconnected sounds and occasionally Device Connected sounds.
    I am trying to trace the source of these and started looking in the event logs.
    There does not appear to be any events with Critical or Error tags showing.

Should the Device Disconnected event create a log entry?

If it does not can one be created to give me a clue as to what has been disconnected?
    Everything still appears to be working after a Device Disconnected sound is heard.

HW
    M/b: ASUS P9X79LE
    CPU: Intel i7-4930K 3.4GHz
    RAM: 32GB
    HDD: 2 x 2TB in RAID 1
    HDD: 1 x 2TB
    O/S
    Windows 10 fresh install and updates to 10586.36

:)

MacNala, Jan 9, 2016

2. Unknown device sound

I am using Windows 10 on HP ProBook4430s The constant, annoying sound that alerts of unknown device, needs to be disabled/eliminated. Please advise.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category***

LiseGarnett, Jan 9, 2016
  3. Unknown device sound

Hi Lise,

You can disable the sound alarm for connecting and disconnecting devices from the Control Panel. Follow the steps below:

1. Right-click on the speaker icon at the lower right side of your desktop.

Unknown Device Disconnected sounds [​IMG]

2. Select Sound.

3. Click the Sounds tab.

4. Under Program Events, select Device Connect or
    Device Disconnect.

5. Under Sounds, click the drop-down and choose None.

6. Click Apply.

7. Hit OK.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Jan 9, 2016
  4. Private Win User

Look at EventID 20001 UserPnp.

How about we take a wild guess, let say the USB devices that make the sounds?

Download and run USBDeview, look at the "Last Plug\Unplug Date", you'll know which USB device from the timestamp.

Private, Jan 9, 2016
  5. MacNala Win User
    I have looked for USBDeview and the sites that come up on Google all seem to want to install loads of rubbish programs including NirSoft. Do you have a direct link?

MacNala, Jan 9, 2016
  6. Private Win User
    The link on my previous post is a direct link to USBDeview download page. Scroll down until you find this:

It's a zip files. Here's the link again: USBDeview

Private, Jan 10, 2016
  7. MacNala Win User
    OK Got it.
    Now to try to understand what it shows!

MacNala, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unknown Device Disconnected sounds - Similar Threads - Unknown Device Disconnected

2. Sound crash after device disconnects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound crash after device disconnects: My keyboard started to disconnect sometimes lately, but it crashes my sound and it only returns once I replug my headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-crash-after-device-disconnects/6a50bcaa-1b37-4389-bc40-c190eaee50db
  3. Disconnect Device Sound Playing Constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnect Device Sound Playing Constantly: Hi,My computer "blue-screened" and when it rebooted the device disconnected sound started playing once every second.I've narrowed it down to it being a Bluetooth problem. My Bluetooth mouse and keyboard have stopped responding too and when I disable Bluetooth in my device...
  4. Unknown USB Device Disconnecting and Reconnecting

Unknown USB Device Disconnecting and Reconnecting: I recently updated my windows 10 machine with a Feature Update version 20H2. Since Installing this update, there is now an "Unknown USB Device Link in Compliance Mode" that shows in my Device Manager under the USB Controllers. It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and the...
  5. Unknown USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting: Title says it all. There is an unknown USB device that just keeps connecting and disconnecting. It is visible in my device manager. The computer works just fine and I have managed to turn the sound off. I'm just a little concerned that this could cause an issue down the line...
  6. Unknown Device Disconnect/Connecting Repeatedly.

Unknown Device Disconnect/Connecting Repeatedly.: Windows Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.264) I have been trying to narrow this down for several strait hours and giving this a first shot. No luck reviewing the forums for related issues. Randomly during use I get the Device Connect+Device Disconnect sound which seems to...
  7. Unknown Device Disconnect/Connecting Repeatedly.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Device Disconnect/Connecting Repeatedly.: Windows Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.264) I have been trying to narrow this down for several strait hours and giving this a first shot. No luck reviewing the forums for related issues. Randomly during use I get the Device Connect+Device Disconnect sound which seems to...
  8. Incessant Device Disconnect Sound but not USB device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Incessant Device Disconnect Sound but not USB device: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/g8trtim [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eh2vnw/incessant_device_disconnect_sound_but_not_usb/
  9. DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS

DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS: I removed my device by the safely remove the device, & still get the disconnect-connect sounds, I do not want to take the computer apart or have someone look @ it to say it cost? I guess I can always wile not using it put it in sleep mode? Bob Thanks & God bless...
  10. Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.

Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.: Hi all, I have a clean install windows 10 home with the specs listed in my profile. Im getting continuous disconnect USB sounds, often multiple times in a row, and the occasional reconnect sound. Ive used a program call USBDeview, and can confidently say it is the top...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unknown device is didconnected

2. unknown device is disconnected