Windows 10: Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update

Discus and support Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please post an image of the hardware IDs displayed. And please post the hardware ID that you looked up in google. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zbook, Apr 5, 2018.

1. zbook New Member

Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update

Please post an image of the hardware IDs displayed.
    And please post the hardware ID that you looked up in google.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
  2. mccnavy Win User

One of my laptops (Dell XPS 13 9350) now has an annoying Unknown Device error in device manager and I've done everything I can think of to find the now missing driver. Issue wasn't present prior to April Update.

- Unknown device has Hardware ID of BTH\MS_BTHL2CAP. Researching online this is supposedly the Microsoft Bluetooth Protocol Support device.
    - Searching online has been unsuccessful in finding the *.inf with corresponding driver. It is a Microsoft driver that appears to normally come with Windows.
    - My Bluetooth device is an Intel 8260 and I have tried a few Intel drivers to see if it would correct the issue...no luck.
    - I don't use Bluetooth devices with the laptop so I'm not sure if there is an execution problem...more of OCD seeing the yellow exclamation.
    - My other two machines, also updated to 1803, don't show the issue with their Bluetooth adapters, and I don't see the driver inf in their driverstore folders (I was hoping I could cut and paste).
    - SFC/scannow reported 0 integrity violations
    - Windows Bluetooth Troubleshooter reported 0 issues.

Any recommendations on how I can find the driver and remove the annoyance?

:)

mccnavy, May 1, 2018
  3. Mad-Poet Win User
    Unknown device in device manager “root\NetTap6”

Original title: root\NetTap6 ? **** is that?

I get this unknown device in my device manager with a sibling unknown devices. Neither can be updated. I uninstall them and they reappear a few days later. They appear almost legit. Each hardware id and configure flag, etc. have what looks like real substance to
    me
    . Since each code that I search ends up with the same basic definition:" there is an unknown device, I just wonder "is there really?" or is it a bug? Then I worry. So how do I get rid of it?

Then just to ponder...what an over efficient little bit of structured waste of UI, hard drive space and now our time. A small monument with square after unassuming square blending neatly in with the update driver, uninstall driver hum drum of the next and before
    for as long as you want to. I almost prefer the blue screen that we have two or three good guesses about the last thing we shouldn't have done and we pay our due, take a break, and strive to find another shade of blue and the fastest pit time. Why say the
    same thing so neatly. I guess that's it..Why be so neat? Just gliche j!!BSSSZZ ooh! AAA%% oooga! yah know?

So, what to do with the whole unknown device that this came from. This was the hardware id(I think). What to do? Thanks.

Mad-Poet, May 1, 2018
  4. Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update

Unknown device in device manager “root\NetTap6”

Hi,

I completely understand your concern and feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• What is the make and model of the system?
    • Did you make any hardware changes recently?

I suggest you to try updating all the drivers from the Device Manager and then check for the issue. Also try below methods:

Method 1: Install pending updates.

To check for updates Click on Start > Click on
    Settings > Update & security > Windows Update,
    and select
    Check for updates.

Method 2: Run Microsoft Safety Scanner.

Refer the below link:

Safety Scanner - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, May 1, 2018
  5. TrustMe Win User
    Try going to Dell’s website, Support, Drivers, then put in your model number. See if you can find the Bluetooth drive there.

TrustMe, May 1, 2018
  6. I have the same issue as OP and doing that did not fix the problem.

djdelarosa25, May 1, 2018
  7. mccnavy Win User
    Yep...I tried the Dell drivers too...they don't affect the unknown device, which appears to require a "Microsoft" driver.

mccnavy, May 1, 2018
  8. zbook New Member

Troubleshoot the unknown devices in device manager with the information in this link:
    How to easily find drivers for Unknown Devices in Windows | PCWorld

Right click a row in device manager > click properties > click details tab > from the property drop-down choose hardware ids > the vendor ID and device ID for that particular device will be listed.

zbook, May 1, 2018
  9. mccnavy Win User
    From my original post, I/we did that and the culprit is BTH\MS_BTHL2CAP. Researching online this is supposedly the Microsoft Bluetooth Protocol Support device. The problem is that searching for it online produces no results where I/we can download a driver to make Windows happy. If anyone knows where we can get that driver, then we should be able to get things working. It is a driver that comes directly with Windows...not a 3rd party driver...for some reason when Windows updated that driver appears not to have migrated.

mccnavy, May 1, 2018
  10. Ben Myers Win User
    Start Device Manager, right-click the unknown device, select "Update driver", "Browse my computer for driver software", then "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer". If a driver is found, install it. You may have to restart the computer for the change to take effect.

Ben

Ben Myers, May 1, 2018
  11. mccnavy Win User
    Unfortunately, I tried that too...the driver isn't listed anymore in Windows driverstore. I noticed it also isn't listed in my other machines that were updated (although they didn't have the same Wifi/BT adapter). It may just be a bug that Microsoft will hopefully repair in an update.

djdelarosa25...out of curiosity, what machine are you having the problem on...mine is a Dell XPS 13...maybe it is a device-specific bug?

mccnavy, May 1, 2018
  12. Plankton Win User
    Post a screen shot of your device manager please.

With OEM's, sometimes these drivers are bundled together with other drivers and it makes it very difficult to find. So it may be under the guise of another driver.

Plankton, May 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update - Similar Threads - Unknown Device Device

2. Unknown devices in device manager after reinstalling the windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown devices in device manager after reinstalling the windows: Hello there,Recently, I reinstalled my windows10 on my legion5 pro laptop and downloaded all the derivers from the lenovo system update app but I still fined myself with a lot of unknown devices under the other devices in device manager that can not be known or updated.So far...
  3. Unknown devices in device manager after reinstalling the windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown devices in device manager after reinstalling the windows: Hello there,Recently, I reinstalled my windows10 on my legion5 pro laptop and downloaded all the derivers from the lenovo system update app but I still fined myself with a lot of unknown devices under the other devices in device manager that can not be known or updated.So far...
  4. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown devices in Device Manager?: The thing is that there are unknown devices in Device Manager.Like the following screenshots.the "Xvd" things, Note: When you activate hidden drivers, There's a lot of them.And the PnP monitors....
  5. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown devices in Device Manager?: The thing is that there are unknown devices in Device Manager.Like the following screenshots.the "Xvd" things, Note: When you activate hidden drivers, There's a lot of them.And the PnP monitors....
  6. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

7. Unknown device in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown device in device manager: I found an unknown device in device manager. I would like to deactivate it just to be safe as I don't know what it is and I don't seem to need it anyway, but is this the best thing to do? submitted by /u/piisfour [link] [comments]...
  8. Unknown Device in Device Manager after update to 1809

Unknown Device in Device Manager after update to 1809: Hi, I took delivery of a new PC 2 weeks ago with 1803 installed on it and everything was fine. After updating Win 10 Pro to 1809 17763.134 a problem has occurred in Device Manager. See image below. I'm told by the computer maker it probably refers to the port that the case...
  9. Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update

Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update: One of my laptops (Dell XPS 13 9350) now has an annoying Unknown Device error in device manager and I've done everything I can think of to find the now missing driver. Issue wasn't present prior to April Update. - Unknown device has Hardware ID of BTH\MS_BTHL2CAP....
  10. unknown device in device manager

unknown device in device manager: Hey guys , I thought I might ask here as I don't seems to be getting a solution on Dells forum . Unknown device ACPI\CPL0002\2&DABA3FF&0 is showing up with a clean install of windows 10 pro on a dell alienware 13 ,2015 model . Any ideas what this is ? Everything is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unknown device MS_BTHL2CAP

2. bthl2cap