Windows 10: Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update

Discus and support Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; One of my laptops (Dell XPS 13 9350) now has an annoying Unknown Device error in device manager and I've done everything I can think of to find the now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mccnavy, May 6, 2018.

1. mccnavy Win User

Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update

One of my laptops (Dell XPS 13 9350) now has an annoying Unknown Device error in device manager and I've done everything I can think of to find the now missing driver. Issue wasn't present prior to April Update.

- Unknown device has Hardware ID of BTH\MS_BTHL2CAP. Researching online this is supposedly the Microsoft Bluetooth Protocol Support device.
    - Searching online has been unsuccessful in finding the *.inf with corresponding driver. It is a Microsoft driver that appears to normally come with Windows.
    - My Bluetooth device is an Intel 8260 and I have tried a few Intel drivers to see if it would correct the issue...no luck.
    - I don't use Bluetooth devices with the laptop so I'm not sure if there is an execution problem...more of OCD seeing the yellow exclamation.
    - My other two machines, also updated to 1803, don't show the issue with their Bluetooth adapters, and I don't see the driver inf in their driverstore folders (I was hoping I could cut and paste).
    - SFC/scannow reported 0 integrity violations
    - Windows Bluetooth Troubleshooter reported 0 issues.

Any recommendations on how I can find the driver and remove the annoyance?

:)

mccnavy, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update

1. Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update - Similar Threads - Unknown Device Device

2. Unknown devices in device manager after reinstalling the windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown devices in device manager after reinstalling the windows: Hello there,Recently, I reinstalled my windows10 on my legion5 pro laptop and downloaded all the derivers from the lenovo system update app but I still fined myself with a lot of unknown devices under the other devices in device manager that can not be known or updated.So far...
  3. Unknown devices in device manager after reinstalling the windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown devices in device manager after reinstalling the windows: Hello there,Recently, I reinstalled my windows10 on my legion5 pro laptop and downloaded all the derivers from the lenovo system update app but I still fined myself with a lot of unknown devices under the other devices in device manager that can not be known or updated.So far...
  4. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown devices in Device Manager?: The thing is that there are unknown devices in Device Manager.Like the following screenshots.the "Xvd" things, Note: When you activate hidden drivers, There's a lot of them.And the PnP monitors....
  5. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown devices in Device Manager?: The thing is that there are unknown devices in Device Manager.Like the following screenshots.the "Xvd" things, Note: When you activate hidden drivers, There's a lot of them.And the PnP monitors....
  6. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

7. Unknown device in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown device in device manager: I found an unknown device in device manager. I would like to deactivate it just to be safe as I don't know what it is and I don't seem to need it anyway, but is this the best thing to do? submitted by /u/piisfour [link] [comments]...
  8. Unknown Device in Device Manager after update to 1809

Unknown Device in Device Manager after update to 1809: Hi, I took delivery of a new PC 2 weeks ago with 1803 installed on it and everything was fine. After updating Win 10 Pro to 1809 17763.134 a problem has occurred in Device Manager. See image below. I'm told by the computer maker it probably refers to the port that the case...
  9. unknown device in device manager

unknown device in device manager: Hey guys , I thought I might ask here as I don't seems to be getting a solution on Dells forum . Unknown device ACPI\CPL0002\2&DABA3FF&0 is showing up with a clean install of windows 10 pro on a dell alienware 13 ,2015 model . Any ideas what this is ? Everything is...
  10. Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update

Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update: Please post an image of the hardware IDs displayed. And please post the hardware ID that you looked up in google.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unknown device MS_BTHL2CAP

2. Unknown Device after win 10 1803 update hardware id USB\ASMEDIAROOT...