Windows 10: Unknown device - no idea what it is

Discus and support Unknown device - no idea what it is in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, i just recently bought a gigabyte brix mini PC for casual use on our living room tv via eBay. Starting the long process of setup but so far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Scottyboy99, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Unknown device - no idea what it is

Hi all,

i just recently bought a gigabyte brix mini PC for casual use on our living room tv via eBay. Starting the long process of setup but so far one thing is bothering me. Under devices there is an unknown device PCI encryption/decryption controller and I have absolutely no idea what it is or how to get rid of. I let Windows search but it doesn't find anything. Does anyone have any ideas for what driver I need to try and track down?

cheers, Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Aug 3, 2016
  2. nj15 Win User

is this phone real guys i have no idea what it is.

Actually,almost all fake phones had come from China.So i'm pretty sure it's an Nokia N95 clone--the only difference is its a Non-SliderUnknown device - no idea what it is :p.

Other clones made in china : : Nokir E828 Touchscreen phone(It's not a typo,its a NokiR)a clone of a N73.

ChEERios!
    Message Edited by on 06-Apr-200704:53 PM

nj15, Aug 3, 2016
  3. ats2---01 Win User
    is this phone real guys i have no idea what it is.

so there is a n95 (not the actual nokia n95) that looks like that in china. it is a real phone not photoshoped.

ats2---01, Aug 3, 2016
  4. Unknown device - no idea what it is

Here is a screenshot of the offending device. I tried googling some of that long text which looks like it maybe a device id of sorts but no joy.
    Unknown device - no idea what it is [​IMG]

Scottyboy99, Aug 3, 2016
  5. stormy13 Win User
  6. Thank you very much!!! That's saved a few headaches. I will look into installing this later.

I don't really understand the purpose for the driver trusted execution and why the Gigabyte Brix mini pc has it - I thought it would be on the mini Intel NUC PCs.

Scottyboy99, Aug 3, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    In case you run into similar problems in the future, you can Google that PCI/VEN number and it should show you which device it is.

CountMike, Aug 3, 2016
  8. Unknown device - no idea what it is

Thank you. Sorry if I'm being a little slow but from my screenshot what is the part of that long number/id I should of been googling, is it PCI\VEN_0806 or the whole thing. I was trying to type the whole thing in and was getting no joy before

Scottyboy99, Aug 3, 2016
  9. CountMike New Member
    It's whole thing, every manufacturer has number like that registered for use as P&P (Plug and Play) or Plug and PRAY as it's sometimes refereed as when it doesn't work as it should.

CountMike, Aug 3, 2016
  10. Unfortunately I didn't get any joy. I downloaded the driver from that link but when I ran setup it says it's not supported on this platform. I tried downloading the Intel driver detect software but it didn't find anything other than slightly updated gpu drivers.

Back to the drawing board. I have emailed gigabyte support to see if they can shed light. Is there a way of just making the question mark entry under devices list just disappear if I don't get any joy. Whatever it is, not having drivers installed isn't adversely affecting the PC in anyway

Scottyboy99, Aug 4, 2016
  11. And this was the useless no help response from gigabyte

"Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. From your description, it is possible you installed Windows 10 when set BIOS "OS Selection" as "Windows 7". Therefore, you will see this error in Device Manager. In this case, kindly set BIOS "OS Selection" as "Windows 7" and backup your data, then adjust "OS Selection" to "Windows 8.x/ Windows 10" and reinstall Windows 10. It should solve the problem you encountered."

why is it most tech companies at the slightest whiff of something unusual churns out the usual reinstall Windows response. After several day of setup, downloads, installation, tweaks I am not ready to flush that down the pan by reinstalling the OS (which was pre-installed anyway)

Scottyboy99, Aug 4, 2016
  12. CountMike New Member
    I gave up on asking them anything, it's never their own fault and answers range from very generalized ones to not supporting for that platform.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unknown device - no idea what it is

1. Unknown device - no idea what it is - Similar Threads - Unknown device idea

2. unknown device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unknown device: Hí, I have some trouble with unknown device, I don´t know if this cause blue screen. Since two months ago a blue scrren message appears in my laptop. The message say that amdacpbus.sys failled. Next I search possible drivers Failed and I noted that unknown daviced have...
  3. Unknown device

Unknown device: Root\AMDSAFD&FUN_01&REV_01 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-device/1c044d1a-4015-4fc7-ab34-250e58a79de2
  4. Unknown device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown device: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_138A&PID_0010\0cb6cef4484e.What device is thisthere is nothing with errors in device managerEvent viewer shows this issuefunction Togglenode { if !window.fullyLoaded return; // Expand the branch? if...
  5. Unknown Device

Unknown Device: Hello Experts, I am encountering weird problem is that my PC show unknown device. I have never seen this kind of problem and now it pops up from no where. The only thing i can provide right now is Screenshot and path link Ran troubleshooter but nothing worked out. I also...
  6. Unknown USB Device port reset failed, what device?

Unknown USB Device port reset failed, what device?: I have had this error for quite some time. Problem is I cannot find what usb device that is having the issue. When I do all the "fixes" for this error, it does not fix the error and the error stays. I have removed and reset every usb device on my computer, still the error...
  7. Unknown program running - any ideas on what it is?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown program running - any ideas on what it is?: Windows 10 x 64 Microsoft Windows Version 1903 There is a strange icon in my task manager that I've never noticed before. It has no identifiers and when closed it automatically restarts. Any help is appreciated. Screen shot included. [img] This consistent uses about 20 mb...
  8. Unknown Device

Unknown Device: I just reinstalled Windows 10 Build 1803 on my laptop. My device manager is showing an "unknown device" and Windows update is failing on one update. "Advanced Mirco Devices, Inc - System - 4/1/2017 12:00:00 AM - 1.2.0.46 - Error 0x80070002" I had this problem years ago on...
  9. No idea what this is.

No idea what this is.: In Settings, "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" there is something called PCFDOC8.exe Under it, it says "install progress 100%. The bar is switched off, but even on it does nothing. Any idea what this is, and how to remove it? 47833
  10. Any idea what this device is - NMC queue handler ??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any idea what this device is - NMC queue handler ??: Hi there Any of you network Gurus out there have any idea what this device is (NMC queue handler) [img] I'm sure I currently know what's connected to the network currently -- or at least I thought I did -- haven't a clue what that device is. !! Cheers jimbo 77983