Windows 10: Unknown Device (WsAudioDevice_383S(1)) after Anniversary Update

Discus and support Unknown Device (WsAudioDevice_383S(1)) after Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just completed anniversary update and I find Device Manager shows one "Other Device": "Unknown Device", with Hardware ID of "WsAudioDevice-383(1)".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by greybat, Aug 5, 2016.

1. greybat Win User

Unknown Device (WsAudioDevice_383S(1)) after Anniversary Update

Just completed anniversary update and I find Device Manager shows one "Other Device": "Unknown Device", with Hardware ID of "WsAudioDevice-383(1)". From other research I gather this is connected with Realtek Audio. Update Driver doesn't work!

Only 2 of my 5.1 speakers appear to be working (by testing in Realtek HD Audio Manager) and I am not hearing other Windows sounds like USB Device Connecting/Deconnecting.

(Apologies if this is posted elsewhere... I looked but did not find!)

Any ideas?

Thanks

UPDATE: Resolved my audio problems by updating Realtek High Definition Audio drivers through Device Manager. Then got rid of the unknown device by uninstalling it, then re-scanning for hardware changes. It did not re-appear!

:)

greybat, Aug 5, 2016

2. Installed windows 10, sound suddenly not working.

I am very new to all of this but after I upgraded to windows 10 I have experienced the same issue. My sound is as follows:

Audio Inputs and Outputs

Line (WsAudioDevice_383)

Microphone Array(Kinect USB Audio)

Speakers (WsAudioDevice_383)

Sound, video and game controllers

AMD High Definition Audio Device

Kinect USB audio

VIA HD Audio

WsAudioDevice_383

Please help

AldoSappé, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Installed windows 10, sound suddenly not working.

What make and model of computer is this? Also can you get the VIA audio hardware ID for us?

1. Run Device Manager

2. Go to Sound, video and game controllers

3. Double-click your audio device

4. Go to the Details tab

5. Select Hardware IDs

6. Right-click to copy them and then paste them in a reply here

John W [MSFT], Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

Unknown Device (WsAudioDevice_383S(1)) after Anniversary Update

1. Unknown Device (WsAudioDevice_383S(1)) after Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Unknown Device WsAudioDevice_383S

2. Unknown Device in Device Manager after update to 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown Device in Device Manager after update to 1809: Hi, I took delivery of a new PC 2 weeks ago with 1803 installed on it and everything was fine. After updating Win 10 Pro to 1809 17763.134 a problem has occurred in Device Manager. See image below. I'm told by the computer maker it probably refers to the port that the case...
  3. Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update

Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update: One of my laptops (Dell XPS 13 9350) now has an annoying Unknown Device error in device manager and I've done everything I can think of to find the now missing driver. Issue wasn't present prior to April Update. - Unknown device has Hardware ID of BTH\MS_BTHL2CAP....
  4. Windows 10 Anniversary update Account Unknown and defaultuser0

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Anniversary update Account Unknown and defaultuser0: Whether you update from Windows 10 or clean install the Anniversary Edition there is a "defaultuser0" account in Users. I presume everyone is seeing this. Also when in the Registry, setting permissions (to fix the DCOM errors) there are Account Unknown SID's? I have deleted...
  5. Anniversary Update issues with small devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary Update issues with small devices: Small devices (ie.with SSDs around 30 GB) should be able to get the Anniversary update if the right procedures are followed. However, I have been trying for many hours over the past week, mainly with the help of several Microsoft Support technicians. I terminated the last...
  6. Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update

Unknown Device in Device Manager After 1803 Update: Please post an image of the hardware IDs displayed. And please post the hardware ID that you looked up in google.
  7. Can't see connected devices after Anniversary Update

Can't see connected devices after Anniversary Update: Hey guys, so today I update my system and surprisingly, I can't see my connected devices (such as mobile phone, external hard disks, etc) under 'This PC' or elsewhere. Tried uninstalling the drivers through Device Manager, restarting, everything.. but doesn't work. And no,...
  8. Unknown file type after Windows 10 anniversary update this week

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown file type after Windows 10 anniversary update this week: My machine running windows 10 updated the other day to the "anniversary edition". After this, each time the machine boots up, I get a dialog box asking me to associate an app with some weird file type which I have not seen before. The file type is: ".45c30aaf". I cannot...
  9. Anniversary Update Stuck at 1%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update Stuck at 1%: I downloaded the Anniversary update on my Alienware M17 laptop (16Gb Ram, i7CPU). The download all went well, but when I restarted, it is still stuck, after 4 hours. The screen says: Working on updates 1% Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while. I was able to...
  10. Trouble after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble after anniversary update: Hello friends: I am running build 14393 after the anniversary updates. However, I BIG problem I'm facing is that the links to recent files on the applications pinned on the task bar is not available any more. And it's seriously irritating to first open say, Excel then...