Windows 10: Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Discus and support Unknown devices on my Microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently changed from local accounts to Microsoft accounts on my 3 computers. When I look at my new account, I see a number of Surface Books and an... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by flemmingk, Jan 14, 2018.

1. flemmingk Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

I recently changed from local accounts to Microsoft accounts on my 3 computers.
    When I look at my new account, I see a number of Surface Books and an Xbox. I only own the 3 computers 24ST8, 24ST8_1 and 24ST8_2. Please see attached screenshot.
    Please advise

:)

flemmingk, Jan 14, 2018

2. account doesn't sign in in Microsoft lumia 540

Microsoft account

***Moved from:Mobile Devices / Microsoft Lumia and Nokia Lumia / Microsoft account / Other/Unknown.***

RichpalYadav, Jan 14, 2018
  3. My Nokia Lumia phone was stolen

My Nokia Lumia phone was stolen

Moved from: Mobile Devices / Microsoft Lumia and Nokia Lumia / Microsoft account / Other/Unknown

Bashashaik2, Jan 14, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Flemmingk, *Smile

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Jan 14, 2018
  5. flemmingk Win User
    Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, Jan 14, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Odd. What is an example of what it tells you when you try to remove a device?

Brink, Jan 14, 2018
  7. flemmingk Win User
    One example is Try again later..
    We can't remove your tablet just now.
    another example is: something unfortunately went wrong. It may help to refresh the page. Otherwise you can try a little later. Then "Try again later... We can't remove your console right now
    Now I have lost all of my patience.
    Yours
    Flemming

flemmingk, Jan 14, 2018
  8. AndreTen Win User

flemmingk, which version of Windows do you use? It may not be connected, but remember about one user here, having the same problem after upgrading to latest Insider build.

Maybe @Fafhrd could stop by and tell, if he found any solution to this problem?

AndreTen, Jan 14, 2018
  9. flemmingk Win User
    Hi Andre
    I am on 1709. Just forced the update.
    I am not a Windows insider

flemmingk, Jan 14, 2018
  10. Edwin New Member
    @flemmingk

If you haven't already, try the 'Manage device limits' link to see if there are more options:

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 14, 2018
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Flemming,

If the above gives you the same results, then there may be an issue on Microsoft's end, and you may have to try again later to see if it may remove the devices then.

I would still recommend to change your password and enable two-step verification just to be safe.

Brink, Jan 14, 2018
  12. Edwin New Member
    Another issue may be, the MS Account on the other devices may not have been un-linked prior to an upgrade or decommission.

Edwin, Jan 14, 2018
  13. AndreTen Win User

*Ditto flemmingk, do it ASAP, but could be some problem on MS servers.

Edwin, you assume that flemming created new user account? As I'm understanding, he sign in with existing MS account

AndreTen, Jan 14, 2018
  14. Edwin New Member
    Not necessarily, I've had it where I've carelessly wiped a hard drive for a clean install but forgot to un-link my MS Account; then go to OneDrive and find I've got 8 or 9 devices listed there; same machine and serial numbers but different Builds and Product ID's.

Edwin, Jan 14, 2018
  15. Bastet Win User
    Two appear exactly the same but with double the memory/RAM & larger hard drive. Have you updated the memory & HD on your surface book 2, this may explain the discrepancy in that case or is that one of the devices which isn’t yours?

Bastet, Jan 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Unknown devices on my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Unknown devices Microsoft

2. Unknown device from France attempted to sign into my microsoft account, with MY email.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown device from France attempted to sign into my microsoft account, with MY email.: While looking through the security tab I noticed a device from France using google chrome was trying to sign into my account but failed. Normally I would ignore it, but the account alias was coming from my gmail. I live in Australia and now I'm incredibly worried my google...
  3. Unknown device from France attempted to sign into my microsoft account, with MY email.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown device from France attempted to sign into my microsoft account, with MY email.: While looking through the security tab I noticed a device from France using google chrome was trying to sign into my account but failed. Normally I would ignore it, but the account alias was coming from my gmail. I live in Australia and now I'm incredibly worried my google...
  4. Unknown device from France attempted to sign into my microsoft account, with MY email.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unknown Security email added to my Microsoft account

Unknown Security email added to my Microsoft account: Hi, I received an email yesterday that was from Microsoft telling me an email that I've never seen before was added to my security information. The email from Microsoft said that if it wasn't me that added the unknown email then a malicious user has access to my account. I...
  6. Bitlocker Key on MS account is for an unknown device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Key on MS account is for an unknown device: Hi, When starting my laptop today I was asked to put in my bitlocker key. So I logged onto my Microsoft account and found my device DESKTOP-07XXXX. The bitlocker was turned on and so I selected the "manage recovery key" option. This took me to a page where the only device...
  7. A Strange Unknown device Sitting on my Microsoft account?

A Strange Unknown device Sitting on my Microsoft account?: Hi, I just logged into my Microsoft account after I tried connecting my Pixel phone to my computer, then i found an additional strange device connected under my Microsoft account, it shows it is a Windows 10 system,I5 processor, ,,,,, this is very strange, I never had...
  8. unknown device on my computer

unknown device on my computer: What is askey.com? Is it a threat? I noticed it is connected to my network when I was checking WIFI usage in my internet provider account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-device-on-my-computer/8d9e501e-2a97-4022-bc5d-d3b90841e26a
  9. Device performance & health status unknown in Microsoft account

Device performance & health status unknown in Microsoft account: Hi everyone, When I sign-in to my Microsoft account, the "Device performance & health" under "Windows Defender settings" is showing "Status Unknown" and this is shown in the screenshot below. How do I get my computer's "Device performance & health" connected to my Microsoft...
  10. Unknown Device Showing In Xbox Account.

Unknown Device Showing In Xbox Account.: My account shows a connected device that I did not attach to my xboxone,and when I click on the icon it redirects me.how do I find out A.what the device is and B.where/when/how it was connected to my account? ***Moved From: Microsoft Edge/All other issues/Windows 10***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unkown device on microsoft account

2. paired my microsoft to unknown device what can i do?

3. unknown device in my windows account

4. microsoft account shows unknown pc,
  5. why does my microsoft account show two devices,
  6. unknown device on my microsoft account,
  7. unknown device in my account microsoft,
  8. unknown device signing in to microsoft account,
  9. unknown device connected to microsoft account,
  10. unknown devices listed on Microsoft account