Windows 10: Unknown Drives in Device Manager

Discus and support Unknown Drives in Device Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I.ve recently noticed that ALL of my computers drives are listed as "Unknown" in Device Manager. I've checked in Properties to upgrade drivers only to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BigMalc, Jul 19, 2017.

1. BigMalc Win User

Unknown Drives in Device Manager

I.ve recently noticed that ALL of my computers drives are listed as "Unknown" in Device Manager. I've checked in Properties to upgrade drivers only to be informed that the "best drivers for this device is already installed" against all the drives including HDD's, SSD's and USB drives. the machine runs fine and in Disk Management they are all listed as they should be. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? All hard drives appear in the BIOS as they should.

:)

BigMalc, Jul 19, 2017
  2. DKLND Win User

Computer Doesn't Recognize the DVD Drive Since Upgrading to Windows 10

That is correct. In Device Manager. there is no category "DVD/CD-ROM drives".

There is no "Unknown device" showing in Device Manager.

I clicked on each of the items in Device Manager to see the listing under each item and did not find "DVD/CD ROM drives" or "Unknown device" there either.

DKLND, Jul 19, 2017
  3. auggy Win User
    Computer Doesn't Recognize the DVD Drive Since Upgrading to Windows 10

In the Device Manager there is no category "DVD/CD-ROM drives"?

Is there any "Unknown device" showing up in the Device manager?

auggy, Jul 19, 2017
Thema:

Unknown Drives in Device Manager

1. Unknown Drives in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Unknown Drives Device

2. Unknown driver in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown driver in Device Manager: Hi,In device manager of Windows 11 Pro I have unknown device with the following ID: ACPI\VEN_INTC&DEV_1085 ACPI\INTC1085 *INTC1085 This is the last error after installation of device software. Local ASUS support has not solved the problem yet and escalated it to global...
  3. Unknown driver in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown driver in Device Manager: Hi,In device manager of Windows 11 Pro I have unknown device with the following ID: ACPI\VEN_INTC&DEV_1085 ACPI\INTC1085 *INTC1085 This is the last error after installation of device software. Local ASUS support has not solved the problem yet and escalated it to global...
  4. Unknown devices being added to Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown devices being added to Device Manager: I didn't have any problems using my laptop all weekend at the boyfriend's place, but now I'm home and I'm having a hard time connecting/staying connected to browswer pages and my file explorer keeps freezing. I don't know what made me open the Device Manager but the first one...
  5. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown devices in Device Manager?: The thing is that there are unknown devices in Device Manager.Like the following screenshots.the "Xvd" things, Note: When you activate hidden drivers, There's a lot of them.And the PnP monitors....
  6. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown devices in Device Manager?: The thing is that there are unknown devices in Device Manager.Like the following screenshots.the "Xvd" things, Note: When you activate hidden drivers, There's a lot of them.And the PnP monitors....
  7. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

8. Unknown device in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown device in device manager: I found an unknown device in device manager. I would like to deactivate it just to be safe as I don't know what it is and I don't seem to need it anyway, but is this the best thing to do? submitted by /u/piisfour [link] [comments]...
  9. Unknown stuff in device manager

Unknown stuff in device manager: I know it looks like i'm referring to literal unknown devices in device manager, but i am not. Under disk drives, there is a device called "xvd" and I have no clue what this is. If i unplug my external hard drive, and all my USB devices, it is still there. it says it's on the...
  10. unknown device in device manager

unknown device in device manager: Hey guys , I thought I might ask here as I don't seems to be getting a solution on Dells forum . Unknown device ACPI\CPL0002\2&DABA3FF&0 is showing up with a clean install of windows 10 pro on a dell alienware 13 ,2015 model . Any ideas what this is ? Everything is...