Windows 10: Unknown file type after Windows 10 anniversary update this week

Discus and support Unknown file type after Windows 10 anniversary update this week in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My machine running windows 10 updated the other day to the "anniversary edition". After this, each time the machine boots up, I get a dialog box asking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ibramson, Oct 16, 2016.

1. ibramson Win User

Unknown file type after Windows 10 anniversary update this week

My machine running windows 10 updated the other day to the "anniversary edition". After this, each time the machine boots up, I get a dialog box asking me to associate an app with some weird file type which I have not seen before. The file type is: ".45c30aaf". I cannot locate ANY file on my machine like this. An option on this dialog box asks me if I want to "go out to the app store" to find an appropriate app for this file type. The app store does not know what this is either.

Has this happened to anyone else? Have a fix for this? It would be nice to NOT have this dialog box show up each time I turn my machine on.

Thanks.

:)

ibramson, Oct 16, 2016

2. Couldn't install anniversary update on my Lumia 950

Hi, im unable to install the anniversary update on my Lumia 950.

After I download the file from the ' Get the anniversary update now', my phone doesn't not starts installation or anything it is just kept asa Unknown file format in my file manger.

neither they is any anniversary update showing up in the phone update section.

HrishikeshSahay, Oct 16, 2016
  3. Update to Windows 10 1607

I updated to Windows 10 Home 1607

from Windows 10 Home second time

First time I updated to it and it was hang and freeze then after using it several week

I was unable to restore system files with sfc /sacannow and PowerShell restore health

I used Windows 10 Home 3 month after first installation and after update to Windows 10 1607 Anniversary

it was several weeks (1-3) to be crashed it

Dmitriy Zemlyanskiy, Oct 16, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hello there @ibramson , welcome to ten forums.com! *Smile

Do you have Avid Pro Tools or Adobe After Effects installed?

Edwin, Oct 16, 2016
  5. ibramson Win User
    Hi

I have neither of those apps installed.

ibramson, Oct 16, 2016
  6. ibramson Win User
    Today, when the message came up again, I arbitrarily assigned the file to Adobe reader. It could not read the file, but at least gave me the file name. It is: E48da14. Now if I could find where this is, maybe I can track it down to a particular application. But I cannot seem to locate any reference to this file anywhere on my machine. Maybe I just do not know how to search the ENTIRE computer for the existence of this filename. Any suggestions on how to do that?

Thanks,

ibramson, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unknown file type after Windows 10 anniversary update this week - Similar Threads - Unknown file type

2. Windows 10 anniversary update after problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 anniversary update after problems: Hi all, thanks for dropping by my post and having a read. So.. yes by the looks of things there seems to be on various boards problems with the windows 10 anniversary update. Unfortunately I am in that camp. 2 desktops and a laptop have all been struck with the same issue....
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary update

Windows 10 Anniversary update: Please bear with me.. I'm on my phone.. the Anniversary update must have taken over my computer. But.. is 5 hours normal? It did restart like it said a couple of times and the last percentage I saw was 59%, then the reboot again. It is "still" working on something. The circle...
  4. Windows 10 Anniversary update Account Unknown and defaultuser0

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Anniversary update Account Unknown and defaultuser0: Whether you update from Windows 10 or clean install the Anniversary Edition there is a "defaultuser0" account in Users. I presume everyone is seeing this. Also when in the Registry, setting permissions (to fix the DCOM errors) there are Account Unknown SID's? I have deleted...
  5. Windows 10 anniversary update

Windows 10 anniversary update: Hi all this update is killing me I called MS they downloaded it agene for me .I get freezing and bsod every time I play a game and sometimes at idle I updated, repaired every game I have . I am tempted to buy windows10pro and block updates if I can. sorry for the rant I am...
  6. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update: Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Windows 10 Anniversary Update. I have noticed in Device Manger that under Human Interface Devices that Wacom Device has a yellow triangle. If I look at Wacom Device Properties I see Device status --- This device cannot start...
  7. Unknown Device (WsAudioDevice_383S(1)) after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown Device (WsAudioDevice_383S(1)) after Anniversary Update: Just completed anniversary update and I find Device Manager shows one "Other Device": "Unknown Device", with Hardware ID of "WsAudioDevice-383(1)". From other research I gather this is connected with Realtek Audio. Update Driver doesn't work! Only 2 of my 5.1 speakers...
  8. Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.: So , I got a laptop with Windows 10 about a month ago. I had some problems with blue screen and things which happen sometimes but I am fine with it as it doesn't happen that often. Right now , my PC keeps insisting to update to Windows 10 Anniversary edition and everytime...
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update: I have read other threads on this subject and have not found the solution to my problem in them. The Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade Assistant Icon appeared on my desktop. I began the process to update and received the error, SOMETHING WENT WRONG (code 0x80070057). Then...
  10. New Video Series This Week on Windows: Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 News
    New Video Series This Week on Windows: Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] The Windows 10 Anniversary Update begins rolling out today for customers around the world. The Anniversary Update is full of features and innovations that will bring new experiences with Windows Ink*, Cortana**, gaming and...