Windows 10: Unknown folder cannot be deleted

Discus and support Unknown folder cannot be deleted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, On my win 10 install I noticed a folder called Network/GX620-5TXZCB1. When I click on it a small window pops up asking me for network credentials.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by esebm, Jul 28, 2016.

1. esebm Win User

Unknown folder cannot be deleted

Hi,
    On my win 10 install I noticed a folder called Network/GX620-5TXZCB1. When I click on it a small window pops up asking me for network credentials. I don't know what this is and I cannot delete it. Can someone help/
    Thanks,
    Ed

:)

esebm, Jul 28, 2016
  2. Diputsman Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade requires to uninstall Daemon Tools

To people who cannot delete the folder due to an unknown application using Daemon Tools: Use Command Prompt to delete the folder with this

Diputsman, Jul 28, 2016
  3. Unknown Artist on Device that cannot be deleted

Sometimes if an album is ripped the meta data gets lost or is just wrong for some reason.

Did you get that particular album from your own personal collection? If yes then it had to have sync'd from your PC via Zune. Try the deletion from Zune on your PC.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jul 28, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

bro67, Jul 28, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    A quick Google search reveals that it has something to do with Dell Optiplex GX620 Network Adapter

Edwin, Jul 28, 2016
  6. esebm Win User
    Thanks for the quick responses
    I know for sure that I did not look anything up re a Dell Optiplex 620 but I looked up lots of websites about a video card and a GX620 may have been among them. But I don't understand how a network folder on my PC could result from this.
    I'm just running Malwarebytes to make sure it's not some crap that I caught.

esebm, Jul 29, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Network adapters are always going to be under the "Network" folder.

bro67, Jul 29, 2016
  8. esebm Win User

What network adapter are you talking about?
    I want to delete this folder, it has no business on my PC.

esebm, Jul 29, 2016
  9. larc919 Win User
    If all else fails, you can always boot with a Windows install disk, select the repair option, navigate to Command Prompt and run rmdir /s C:\Network/GX620-5TXZCB1 (or specify a drive other than C if it isn't on that). It will ask if you're sure you want to delete it. Confirm and Exit. I've been having to use this method to get rid of the Windows.old folder for the past 3 or 4 Insider builds.

larc919, Jul 30, 2016
  10. esebm Win User
    Unfortunately, I don't have an install disk, MS updated my win 7 install via the Internet.
    If that darn folder cannot be deleted I'll just have to leave it there.
    I just don't understand why a folder refuses to be deleted and there's nothing I can do about it.
    Thanks for all the help.
    Ed

esebm, Jul 30, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    You cannot, since it is for the Network Adapter. It was installed for a reason. The Dell Optiplex series can use the same chipset for Ethernet across various lines. Dell is not going to load an installer with a huge script to create a folder in the model number for your computer.

Without that driver in that folder, if Windows 10 sees issues with the driver, or you have to roll back on a System Restore. Windows will install the driver from that folder.

bro67, Jul 30, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    Because it is for your Ethernet Adapter.

bro67, Jul 30, 2016
  13. bro67 Win User

The adapter folder has to stay. Otherwise their Ethernet will not work.

bro67, Jul 30, 2016
  14. esebm Win User
    I don't have a Dell PC and I never looked up anything re Dell!
    My Network connection is "NAME"-PC with a "Users" sub folder that contains the usual "Default, etc. sub folders.
    The other folder GX620-5TXZCB1 has absolutely nothing to do with my PC!

esebm, Jul 30, 2016
  15. Please post an explorer view of the folder in question so the creation date is shown.

Please update the Systems Specs in your forum profile with complete information.

• In the System Manufacturer/Model Number field, manually type Desktop or Laptop adding it to the information already in the field. The specific model number is important - there are often many models of a given series.
      For example, my machine is a HP Pavilion dv6, but there are tens of the dv6 series, so dv6-6c10us is the specific model.

• Specify Custom Build as the manufacturer if it is not an OEM machine.
    The easiest way to do this is to use the information from a PUBLISHED Speccy report.
    See: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

*Arrow Post the link to the report that Speccy gives you and also open the Speccy link.
    Then click here to view your System Specs on this forum.

When you have both windows open, put them side-by-side and simply copy the information, field by field, from the Speccy report to your System Specs.

To see what information other members provide in their System Specs, click on My System Specs in the lower left of any post by any member.

Thanks

Slartybart, Jul 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Unknown folder cannot be deleted - Similar Threads - Unknown folder cannot

2. UNKNOWN folders with some characters and not able to delete the folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNKNOWN folders with some characters and not able to delete the folders.: Hi Support,I am using Windows 10 OS. I am able to see some of the unknown folders with some characters.If I open it, nothing is there in that folder.I am not able to Delete that folder.What is the root cause of the issue and how to delete the folder.Your immediate response &...
  3. UNKNOWN folders with some characters and not able to delete the folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UNKNOWN folders with some characters and not able to delete the folders.: Hi Support,I am using Windows 10 OS. I am able to see some of the unknown folders with some characters.If I open it, nothing is there in that folder.I am not able to Delete that folder.What is the root cause of the issue and how to delete the folder.Your immediate response &...
  4. UNKNOWN folders with some characters and not able to delete the folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot Delete a folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Delete a folder: [ATTACH] New drive is created automatically [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-delete-a-folder/5aacf868-efc9-473e-bea1-7a5b0fd9c9c7
  6. Cannot delete folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot delete folders: I have a bunch of folders which either are empty or I want to delete it. But when I try to delete it, it says the folder’s in use (even though it’s not) or it just doesn’t pop any of windows or confirmation window out. So what exactly is happening? submitted by /u/kolbyng...
  7. Cannot delete folder

Cannot delete folder: I am the administrator and I cannot delete a folder. When I try to Change Ownership from SYSTEM [ATTACH] the window modal blinks and then Change is greyed out. [ATTACH] I've tried deleting from command prompt as well, but I get Access Denied....
  8. cannot delete folder

cannot delete folder: At my desktop, I create a folder but when I am going to delete the folder it shows an error message -"could not find this item". How can I solve this issue? Though I find an article on a website it does not fic my problem....
  9. Cannot delete folder

Cannot delete folder: I have seen a few posts about how to delete a file or folder when 'Item Not Found' and 'Could not find this item' dialogue appears, but the thread is locked. I have tried to follow the answer given, re command prompt, but could not make it work. I am not a skilled user in...
  10. Cannot Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot Delete a Folder: When I try to delete the remaining folder after uninstalling a software in Program Files I get a message: "You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder", although I'm the administrator. Please help me to fix this problem. 43032