Windows 10: unknown folders in This PC

Discus and support unknown folders in This PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have seen some unknown folders in This Pc folders in my windows 10 laptop. They have came automatically . I don't that I should keep them or delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by parth patel, Dec 3, 2016.

1. unknown folders in This PC

I have seen some unknown folders in This Pc folders in my windows 10 laptop. They have came automatically . I don't that I should keep them or delete and i have also seen that some folders are hidden type.

:)

parth patel, Dec 3, 2016
  2. PPJ7583 Win User

System Folders in "This PC"

Thanks for that information. Now, can someone tell me why there is a documents folder under C:/Users/my personal user name, and also one under C:/Users/my personal user name/OneDrive?

PPJ7583, Dec 3, 2016
  3. System Folders in "This PC"

Because it can be redirected. Right-click the folder, select Properties & check its
    Location tab.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Dec 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

unknown folders in This PC

Which are you concerned about? We can't tell which you may have created yourself.
    Normally it's not worth examining hidden files and folders. They are hidden for a reason- to protect them from users doing things to them that might have adverse effects.

Windows.old gives you the right to revert to the previous build and will be deleted automatically after 10 days.

Note: a search engine is useful - just type the name of your folder in and press 'Return'.

dalchina, Dec 3, 2016
  5. Samuria Win User
    The top three are system folders from install or upgrade

Samuria, Dec 3, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    If you see a $ in front of a file name, it is a Hidden System File and should not be touched.

spunk, Dec 5, 2016
  7. Bree New Member
    It was 30 days, but with the release of the Anniversary Update this was reduced to 10 days - apparently due to customer feedback (of the 'where's all my disk space gone!' type, presumably *Smile ).

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

unknown folders in This PC

1. unknown folders in This PC - Similar Threads - unknown folders

2. Unknown folders taking up space in temp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown folders taking up space in temp: Hi Microsoft community,Hoping you can help with this puzzling issue.I have many folders with a name in a similar structure in my temp folder I tried to add a screenshot but upload fails -0A6A1483-5364-4402-B6E9-EDA05DC2FF02Each folder weighs 9.8 MB.The content of the folder...
  3. Unknown folders taking up space in temp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown folders taking up space in temp: Hi Microsoft community,Hoping you can help with this puzzling issue.I have many folders with a name in a similar structure in my temp folder I tried to add a screenshot but upload fails -0A6A1483-5364-4402-B6E9-EDA05DC2FF02Each folder weighs 9.8 MB.The content of the folder...
  4. Unknown folders taking up space in temp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I restore my songs back into Windows Media Player from a new 'unknown' folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore my songs back into Windows Media Player from a new 'unknown' folder?: Windows Media Player does not show my artists and albums anymore. There are 2 folders. One is called "Unknown" with over 4000 songs, but they won't show when I open the folder. Playlists with songs listed, still come up in the 'play' field I have tried 'manage libraries' and...
  6. How do I restore my songs back into Windows Media Player from a new 'unknown' folder?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I restore my songs back into Windows Media Player from a new 'unknown' folder?: Windows Media Player does not show my artists and albums anymore. There are 2 folders. One is called "Unknown" with over 4000 songs, but they won't show when I open the folder. Playlists with songs listed, still come up in the 'play' field I have tried 'manage libraries' and...
  7. How do I restore my songs back into Windows Media Player from a new 'unknown' folder?

8. I just found an unknown person's picture in my %temp% folder. Is this dangerous?what should...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just found an unknown person's picture in my %temp% folder. Is this dangerous?what should...: I'd just found random selfie of some girl in my %temp% folder.....can this be dangerous.....i have never seen this person....what should i do?...
  9. I just found an unknown person's picture in my %temp% folder. Is this dangerous?what should...

I just found an unknown person's picture in my %temp% folder. Is this dangerous?what should...: I'd just found random selfie of some girl in my %temp% folder.....can this be dangerous.....i have never seen this person....what should i do?...
  10. I just found an unknown person's picture in my %temp% folder. Is this dangerous?what should...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security