Windows 10: Unknown ftp service detected

Discus and support Unknown ftp service detected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On my desktop and laptop, I seem to have an active ftp service running, unbeknown to me. I have never installed nor activated any ftp service and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ffrree, Apr 30, 2016.

1. ffrree Win User

Unknown ftp service detected

On my desktop and laptop, I seem to have an active ftp service running, unbeknown to me.

I have never installed nor activated any ftp service and I checked the Win10 settings to confirm that. I only detected this with an app on my phone which scans my network, appearing with a ftp 192.168.0.196 service. There are no other device connected to my home network.

Upon typing in L: ftp://192.168.0.196 on my pc or laptop's browser or Explorer, a login dialogue would pop up, and I have no idea what the log in should be, tried the Win10 log in, does not work.

I further checked my router, which has the following NAT entry
    192.168.0.196:5060 UDP xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa 59355 293

does that mean the xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa is the external ip address for this service, or it is the address that has accessed this ftp service ?

Any idea how to track this service down, stop it or remove it?

:)

ffrree, Apr 30, 2016

2. 3120 classic offers following BT services

Bluetooth on host PC: Windows Vista BT stack in use. Vista Feature Pack for Wireless installed. Nokia Ovi Suite installed but not used in experimenting addressed in this thread. When paired Nokia 3120 classic offers to Vista host following BT services: -
    Dial-UP - Nokia SyncML server - Remote Control - serial interface spp COM1 - serial interface spp NOkia PC Suite - SyncML client - unknown service - unknown service - unknown service - unknown service What are the four unknown services? Which BT official profile
    do the two SyncML items correspond to? Does this NOkia model really not offer FTP, OPP, PIB? When using with Thoshiba stack on another PC it was possible to use FTP.

On default while pairing 5 services are selected to enable on the host Vista.

How to change the list of services to be enabled on pairing?

aapapapa---01, Apr 30, 2016
  3. FTP Client

The FTP settings are used by the device when receiving OS updates. This is not configurable and should not be used by the user as FTP is not a feature or service offered by the KIN.

Jorge E. - WP7 Support, Apr 30, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Just a thought: Are you running a media server?

simrick, May 2, 2016
  5. ffrree Win User
    Thanks. Problem solved. It is from a VOIP modem which uses FTP to update its firmware in the background. Since it does not interfere with my PC's privacy, it is ok. Unless someone has other opinions.

ffrree, May 2, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Sounds legitimate to me. Cheers! *Thumbs

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unknown ftp service detected - Similar Threads - Unknown ftp service

2. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  3. Unknown Services

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown Services: Hello, I have an unknowns service running in Windows 10 :"SenseService", I have no idea what is it, and the manufacturer is also "Unknown".Does anyone know what was that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-services/10cf7b48-54dc-44ed-8f6d-0d5b5cda3d92
  4. Unknown time remaining/ battery not detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown time remaining/ battery not detected: I have been having issues with this pc for two years where the battery is concerned. What I should be using is the replacement battery but it fell into the same issues as the first: 1 while installed and running, the pc would cut after or before an hour had gone regardless...
  5. Unknown Services

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown Services: Hello Microsoft, there are services running in my system that has a specific number at the end of the names specifically _91138 like Agent Activation Runtime_91138, CaptureService_91138, Clipboard User Service_91138, Connected Devices Platform User Service_91138,...
  6. Battery not detected (Unknown remaining)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not detected (Unknown remaining): Good day, I'm having battery problems on my Sager NP8372. First, the battery icon on the taskbar suddenly switches back and forth from the default battery icon to “no battery detected” icon and changes my brightness setting. It just happens intermittently, and I don’t know...
  7. Interactive services detection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Interactive services detection: I am a programmer for a company that provides programs to Courts. Part of the system is our notice processing. This process is started is started through an IBM iSeries via the runrmtcmd command. On the PC there is an IBM executable - cwbrxd.exe which allows to PC to...
  8. Unknown program found in services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown program found in services: I have a service that I dont understand. I was wondering if anyone else has it in their services list. It's called PAExec. [img] When I search the internet for PAExec that it's a program by Power Admin. Well what the heck is it doing installed on my machine and why?...
  9. Unknown computers detected on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown computers detected on my network: So i have a Tp-Link mr3420 running dd-wrt. On my windows 10 machine in the network tab i can see computers that are not mine, hovever on my router in the dhcp table i cannot see any other computers than my owns. On my linux machine i do not see the unknown computers that...
  10. Unknown Windows Services _xxxxxx

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Windows Services _xxxxxx: Hi looking at my current running services I have: Sync Host_a0246 CDPUserSvc_a0246 Contact Data_a0246 User Data Access_a0246 User Data Storage_a0246 MessagingService_a0246 What are they and can they be disabled without any negative impact to my PC ? Thanks 84441