Windows 10: Unknown Hard Error

Discus and support Unknown Hard Error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, I have been trying to resolve various issues with W10 (see other posts) and have been trying to use Safe mode to rule out possible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alijcam, Feb 5, 2015.

1. alijcam Win User

Unknown Hard Error

Hi All,

I have been trying to resolve various issues with W10 (see other posts) and have been trying to use Safe mode to rule out possible configuration abnormalities.

However, on both of my test machines, I get an error dialog titled:
    explorer.exe - System Warning
    with the content showing a yellow triangle and the wording Unknown Hard Error
    ... preventing me getting into Safe mode.

here's a pic (note I have moved the dialog to show the start button in the same view)

Unknown Hard Error [​IMG]

Any clues?

As I said, this happens on both machines; one is a Dell 9150 desktop and the other a dell E6520 laptop. Other than this problem, the E6520 works fine in normal mode, although the desktop has other problems with an explorer crash/restart loop at startup.

Thanks

:)

alijcam, Feb 5, 2015

2. sihost.exe unknown hard error.

sihost.exe. Unknown Hard Eror

dinamik56dinamik56, Feb 5, 2015
  3. sihost.exe unknown hard error.

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would suggest you to follow steps provided by Ravinath from the link given below and check.

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 5, 2015
  4. mikiep Win User

Unknown Hard Error

Same here.. Lots of people have that error... maybe everybody.

mikiep, Feb 6, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I've never had that error.. strange. Maybe someone will have some ideas to help you(OP) out.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Feb 6, 2015
  6. What build are you using?

Do you have it fully updated?

Franciscorssm24, Feb 6, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    Maybe Safe Mode doesn't work in WIndows 10 TP. I haven't tried it so I don't know if it works or not.

Winuser, Feb 6, 2015
  8. wptski Win User

Unknown Hard Error

It was either on build 9841 or 9860 that a clean boot didn't! *Sad

wptski, Feb 6, 2015
  9. I've heard that some builds have issues with the tablet mode and desktop mode. Maybe that's what it was bugging you about. Have you tried the latest build? Haven't got any critical errors yet and I am using it on a daily basis.

Franciscorssm24, Feb 6, 2015
  10. alijcam Win User
    Sorry - should have said - both of them are 9926 fully updated - but I have seen this on previous builds as well.

alijcam, Feb 6, 2015
  11. mikiep Win User
    Its apparently a know error that has no high priority to fix quickly.
    You can dismiss the message box and right click taskbar and run taskmanager.. and from there browse or run with commands most anything. I open a cmd windows so I can cleanly exit with shutdown /r ,,, run 'control panel' to get there. Seems to work as safe mode other than you cant use the desktop *Smile

mikiep, Feb 7, 2015
  12. Utters Win User
    Got the same problem on my dad's PC. Any ideas?

Utters, Feb 10, 2016
  13. dencal Win User

Unknown Hard Error

This works on W10 RTM so worth a try. you can copy paste the following which will give you the F8 Boot Menu Option to obtain Safe Mode at startup.

From an elevated command prompt type> bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
    From an elevated command prompt type> bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu True

dencal, Feb 10, 2016
  14. cereberus Win User
    You tagged on to a post that was a year old. Windows 10 was only in test at that time.

You need to provide more details of your problem , versin installed etc.

Recommend you start a new post.

cereberus, Feb 10, 2016
  15. cereberus Win User
    The post you replied to was a year old and on an early test version. One hopes problem has been solved by now! *Smile

cereberus, Feb 10, 2016
Thema:

Unknown Hard Error

1. Unknown Hard Error - Similar Threads - Unknown Hard Error

2. Sihost.exe Unknown hard error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sihost.exe Unknown hard error: Seen that my computer auto restarted and booted with an error saying "Unknown hard error" I've tried to fix it using many different websites but what my biggest problem is, is that whenever it boots my Keyboard and Mouse don't work. They don't do anything, Ctrl + alt + Del,...
  3. Sihost.exe Unknown hard error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sihost.exe Unknown hard error: Seen that my computer auto restarted and booted with an error saying "Unknown hard error" I've tried to fix it using many different websites but what my biggest problem is, is that whenever it boots my Keyboard and Mouse don't work. They don't do anything, Ctrl + alt + Del,...
  4. Sihost.exe Unknown Hard Error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sihost.exe Unknown Hard Error: My friend has meet this error when he try to login to his pc. He tried many solutions from other forum post but it didnt work. Are there have any solutions to fix this problem?...
  5. sihost.exe unknown hard error

in Windows 10 Customization
    sihost.exe unknown hard error: Hello, yesterday I started encountering a strange error. Out of the blue, my PC just shutdown, no blue screen, no nothing, and when I tried to open it, after the login screen, I got the sihost.exe unknown hard error. I tried the following: start PC in safe mode didn't work,...
  6. Silhost.exe - Unknown Hard Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Silhost.exe - Unknown Hard Error: This error has recently come up on my screen just simply after trying to boot up the computer. I can log in to my user but from there, the screen goes black with some flashing. I cant acess start or command prompt. I cant run any new tasks via task manager because the screen...
  7. Unknown hard error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unknown hard error: Hi, My laptop had been perfectly fine all day yesterday, but when I went to watch TV on it in the evening the screen suddenly went all blue and it started coming up with “Unknown hard error”. I tried a couple of suggested solutions like pressing Windows + R (suggested by...
  8. fix unknown hard error

fix unknown hard error: How can I fix unknown hard error? Failed windows 10 update,error 0x80070057 getting black screen, mouse cursor only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-unknown-hard-error/78e571d8-28a2-40ca-9e5e-85a37fc80a66
  9. Unknown hard error

Unknown hard error: Hello Today (7/12/2018) 12:45 am i finish update of my laptop, as it is auto update everytime. As it asked for a reatart option i clicked later to restart . After my study time i restated it and the laptop was not working properly after that. I had arranged my icond and...
  10. Unknown Hard Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unknown Hard Error: Unknown Hard Error crashes cam program Tried trouble shooter no luck Tried msconfig no start up items no luck ran cam program crashed anyway with no start up items updater trouble shooter says update are there and fixed but doesn't load any...