Windows 10: Unknown installation running, preventing installs and AVG auto update

Discus and support Unknown installation running, preventing installs and AVG auto update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, when trying to install an application, I get a pop up saying: 'Error 1500. Another installation is in progress. You must complete that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by evel, Oct 19, 2015.

1. evel Win User

Unknown installation running, preventing installs and AVG auto update

Hi there, when trying to install an application, I get a pop up saying: 'Error 1500. Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one.' On a separate occasion, AVG performs an auto update and basically says the same thing: 'Update has detected running installation. Complete that installation before starting update.' Not sure if that is relevant but, I installed Windows 10 several weeks ago and performed a virus check with AVG after the fact, which was successful in finding and securing two trojan horses. I have gone through all tasks and found nothing that is performing any sort of installation that I can see. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

2. How do I uninstall an AVG app from my Windows 10 computer?

AVG's software removal tool would not run. I called them and they said it was the fault of my computer.

I used the auto-run feature on Revo to uncheck the auto-run for AVG. I was also able to go to the files from Revo and delete the AVG files. However, it was not the un-install feature of Revo that worked. I chatted with the Revo support on how to do it.
    I still say Microsoft should be able to provide some help with this. I have never had this type of problem on my Ipad.

SheldonHamilton, Oct 19, 2015
  3. Unseen installation

I've been trying to update my AVG Security on Windows 10 but am prevented from doing so by some hidden installation. The message I get when trying to update the AVG is "Update has detected running installation. Complete that installation before starting
    update" yet I have searched my entire computer and cannot find anything that corresponds to a pending installation or the like. I thought this might be an issue with AVG so attempted to update my Blackberry Link also but a similar message appeared also. Is
    this a fault with the windows 10 package I recieved or is there something I've missed during my search?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Lewis

LewisMcCaskill1, Oct 19, 2015
Thema:

Unknown installation running, preventing installs and AVG auto update

1. Unknown installation running, preventing installs and AVG auto update - Similar Threads - Unknown installation running

2. un-installing AVG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    un-installing AVG: HelloThis AVG browser installed itself and I just find it every time I start my laptop. I can stop it appearing but I want to uninstall it. To do so it requires my admin password. However I forgot my password and tried the words I frequently use in vein. The uninstall window...
  3. un-installing AVG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    un-installing AVG: HelloThis AVG browser installed itself and I just find it every time I start my laptop. I can stop it appearing but I want to uninstall it. To do so it requires my admin password. However I forgot my password and tried the words I frequently use in vein. The uninstall window...
  4. un-installing AVG

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to prevent Windows 11 auto installs update packages?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows 11 auto installs update packages?: When I'm using Windows normally, it suddenly slows down, CPU usages increasing, noisy FAN and everything starts sluggish, lagging. That means the system is installing upgrade packages without any permission in the background!!!How to prevent that stupid function???I want to...
  6. Preventing Windows Store Auto-Install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Preventing Windows Store Auto-Install: Is there any way to prevent Windows Store from auto-installing programs I removed? It keeps adding back Office I use LibreOffice, McAfee no thank you, Booking.com nope and WildTangent Games UWP every time I uninstall them. I don't want the bloatware....
  7. Update to Windows 10 version 1903. AVG antiVirus, previously installed, prevents the update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to Windows 10 version 1903. AVG antiVirus, previously installed, prevents the update.: I want to Update to Windows 10 version 1903. AVG antiVirus, previously installed, prevents the update. AVG suggest to install back its program to enable the Windows Update....
  8. AVG Installation

AVG Installation: I needed to uninstall my AVG as it was not stable. Can you tell me how to reinstate, When I uninstalled my AVG I selected reinstall after finishing I tried & my laptop would not return AVG I am now asking if you can help please * Moved from Windows Essentials...
  9. Unknown Installation Running, Preventing Installs

Unknown Installation Running, Preventing Installs: Hello, I have been trying to unistall AVG all morning but it can't complete as there's a installation running, but to my knowledge there isn't another one running and I can't work out what it is? It's not a problem with AVG as iv'e tried unistalling other programs and they...
  10. unknown installation running

in Windows 10 Support
    unknown installation running: I can't install or uninstall anything. I get a message saying another installation is running, but I can't locate and don't know of any. 27902