Windows 10: unknown installation running

Discus and support unknown installation running in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't install or uninstall anything. I get a message saying another installation is running, but I can't locate and don't know of any. 27902 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gmcatee, Oct 27, 2015.

1. gmcatee Win User

unknown installation running

I can't install or uninstall anything. I get a message saying another installation is running, but I can't locate and don't know of any.

:)

gmcatee, Oct 27, 2015
  2. Special D Win User

Unknown running website

Windows 10 says I have a running website that is slowing it down. How do I find and STOP this website ? Also my Windows Store icon disappeared from my task bar This is a real recent upgrade installation to Windows 10

Special D, Oct 27, 2015
  3. Special D Win User
    Unknown running website

Sorry, BulldogXX, I can't see your answer. I guess I'm having more problems than I thought. A lot of the pages that I pull up are blank.

Special D, Oct 27, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello gmcatee, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You should be able to restart the computer to clear this, and then be able to install and uninstall.

Brink, Oct 27, 2015
  5. gmcatee Win User
    tried restart several times, no help

gmcatee, Oct 27, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Check in Task Manager in the Processes tab to see what is running to see if it may help narrow down what it may be from.

Brink, Oct 27, 2015
  7. gmcatee Win User
    may be inexperience but I have not been able to identify anything odd in processes, and there have been no annotated recent downloads

gmcatee, Oct 27, 2015
  8. Whatphoeb Win User

Scan your PC with you anti-virus and anti-spyware, run Disk Cleanup utility to clean up temp files.

Whatphoeb, Oct 28, 2015
  9. p455word Win User
    This was my problem, too.
    Right click empty space on taskbar. Click on Task Manager. Choose Processes tab on the pop-up screen, if not already showing.
    Scroll up or down until you see "Windows Installer" in the processes pane. Click once on it to highlight it. Click on "End Task", at the bottom right corner. A small popup will show warning you about stopping the install. Do it anyway. Done.

p455word, Oct 29, 2015
  10. RolandJS Win User
    One more thing to try: Windows Repair (All in One), one of the click boxes addresses the Windows Installer.

RolandJS, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. unknown installation running - Similar Threads - unknown installation running

2. Unknown App Running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown App Running: Hello,I'm AkshanshI recently opened the Task Manager and then went to Startup tab and I saw there is unknown app is running in background from startup of the windows 11. How can I find the app and uninstall it...My PC specs are:i7 11700k32 GB DDR4 RAM 3600MHzROG Z590-E...
  3. Unknown program running

Unknown program running: Ok so I just booted up my PC and opened task manager to close some programs I don't need now and I saw this thing running and have no idea what it is since I can't find anything about it....
  4. Unknown app running in the background

Unknown app running in the background: So every time I start my pc I see the command prompt open for a split second before it closes again, but then I look at task manager at the startup tab, and see 2 programs called "program" and I cannot find the file's location or what it is. I don't know if this has to do...
  5. security risks of installing and running applications whose publishers are 'unknown'

security risks of installing and running applications whose publishers are 'unknown': Is is okay to download a gameboy emulator from the internet? Do these apps pose a security risk to my files and privacy in any way that I should be alarmed about? The publisher of the 'mgba' application a gameboy emulator that I downloaded from the internet is 'unknwon'...
  6. Unknown app running during shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown app running during shutdown: I have experimented with a number of backup apps that run on windows (10) shutdown - these have been successful. However, I have deleted these apps and cleaned the registry of their trace as far as I can. However, randomly the shutdown process is interrupted by a backup...
  7. unknown application running

unknown application running: recently this few days i just update my Windows 10 Home, after those updates i have this unknown application try to run everytime i start my PC, it pop up and blocked by my Panda Dome Global Protection notification with this something like code or script :...
  8. Unknown Installation Running, Preventing Installs

Unknown Installation Running, Preventing Installs: Hello, I have been trying to unistall AVG all morning but it can't complete as there's a installation running, but to my knowledge there isn't another one running and I can't work out what it is? It's not a problem with AVG as iv'e tried unistalling other programs and they...
  9. cmd.exe running unknown process

cmd.exe running unknown process: cmd.exe keeps popping up and is trying to run a file located in a subfolder \jutrvcve\becwerea.exe. does anyone know what this file is associated with and how can i stop it from popping up. The folder is there but the .exe has been deleted and is not in the folder and cmd.exe...
  10. Unknown installation running, preventing installs and AVG auto update

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown installation running, preventing installs and AVG auto update: Hi there, when trying to install an application, I get a pop up saying: 'Error 1500. Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one.' On a separate occasion, AVG performs an auto update and basically says the same thing:...