Windows 10: Unknown Items on C Drive...

Discus and support Unknown Items on C Drive... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Can I safely remove them? 14603 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheBlackRussian, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Unknown Items on C Drive...

Unknown Items on C Drive... [​IMG]

Can I safely remove them?

:)

TheBlackRussian, Aug 8, 2015
  2. DKLND Win User

Computer Doesn't Recognize the DVD Drive Since Upgrading to Windows 10

That is correct. In Device Manager. there is no category "DVD/CD-ROM drives".

There is no "Unknown device" showing in Device Manager.

I clicked on each of the items in Device Manager to see the listing under each item and did not find "DVD/CD ROM drives" or "Unknown device" there either.

DKLND, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Unknown Storage Space Add-up on C: Drive

Here are 2 screenshots of the TreeSize that may be helpful.

SatheshKumar19, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Unknown Items on C Drive...

1. Unknown Items on C Drive... - Similar Threads - Unknown Items Drive

2. Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab: I have got Unknown Account in my C driver's Security Tab...I removed that, but when I restart My PC, again it comes... Sometime My PC take long time to Open, and when I Open MS word, it doesn't open, I have no access to install or uninstall a program....please help me....
  3. Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab: I have got Unknown Account in my C driver's Security Tab...I removed that, but when I restart My PC, again it comes... Sometime My PC take long time to Open, and when I Open MS word, it doesn't open, I have no access to install or uninstall a program....please help me....
  4. Unknown startup items

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown startup items: Please help me removing these unknown startup items , I am confused about them . I think they are some type of malware or something else. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unknown-startup-items/7ef1ebce-26b7-4249-9705-03f9342f3e53
  5. Unknown files in C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown files in C Drive: Hi,I am so many folders in C drive with weird names. My complete 464GB was full. And those folders are also not deleting from my laptop. Below I am attaching the screenshot of how the folders were there on my laptop. Can anyone help me with this. Its urgent....
  6. C Drive: Unknown LARGE File - stumped

C Drive: Unknown LARGE File - stumped: WINDOWS 10 HOME - 20H2 - DESKTOP I have a LARGE 3.64 GB file on my C drive and am totally at a loss. Disclaimer: I know just enough about computers to be dangerous. Not savvy to say the least. So, simple answers, if any, would be best for THIS user. When accessing...
  7. <Unknown> file clogging up C: drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    <Unknown> file clogging up C: drive: I was running WinDirStat to try and clear some space in my C: drive when I noticed that there appears to be a 101.8 Gb file that is "<Unknown>". I have been unable to find any information regarding this file online and want ot make sure it's safe to remove without any adverse...
  8. Unknown Items in Taskbar Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown Items in Taskbar Menu: I've noticed that when opening the ^menu on the right side of the taskbar, there will sometimes be anywhere between 1 & about 7 of these blue dots taking up the menu. When I put the cursor over them, they immediately vanish. What are they? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  9. Unknown file on C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown file on C drive: [img] While using WinDirStat, i noticed that there was a 19.4GB file on my boot drive which WinDirStat can't locate nor identify, I didn't try to delete it incase it may be something important What should I do? I am running the latest version of Windows 19041.329 160282
  10. Unknown and persistant folders in C:\ drive

Unknown and persistant folders in C:\ drive: Hi. There are two unknown folders to me on my C:\ drive. When I tried to delete them, Cybereason RansomFree indicates that they contain a ransom malware see below. It deletes them and tells me it inoculated the issue. Birdefender tells me it blocked a Web Threat with the...