Windows 10: Unknown Microsoft Wallets?

Discus and support Unknown Microsoft Wallets? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; New build with a clean install of Win 10, updated to Fall Creators (1709). This is my first Win 10 experience. I've been installing the software that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RedWagnum, Nov 29, 2017.

1. RedWagnum Win User

Unknown Microsoft Wallets?

New build with a clean install of Win 10, updated to Fall Creators (1709). This is my first Win 10 experience. I've been installing the software that I use and clearing out the crap that MS insists that I need. While going through settings I found this:

Unknown Microsoft Wallets? [​IMG]

WTH??? I have never used MS Pay or Wallet. Anyone know where these might have come from and how to get rid of them? Could they be from some form of malware?

Help!

:)

RedWagnum, Nov 29, 2017

2. Blue screen after I hit CTRL+ALT+DELETE on an unresponding program.

My Windows ten got the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) after I hit ctrl+alt+delete on an unresponding program which I found weird and creepy.

Unknown..., Nov 29, 2017
  3. Unknown- Win User
    Kin ONEm stuck at Verizon Wireless screen when turning on or restarting. Help me please!

I remove the battery and restart it and everything. It will start up occasionally but it just shuts off sooner or later. Also, there's the red dot for the motion detector thing that sometimes stays there and it freezes. Any solutions? Thank you.

Unknown-, Nov 29, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

My guess would be it has to do with a MS account that is associated to the MS store. Well, I just googled it and it's an easier way to shop with Edge.
    Payments

Plankton, Nov 29, 2017
  5. RedWagnum Win User
    Thing is this is a brand new fresh load. There is only one local account, no MS account. Used Edge a little bit to download drivers and such during the install and I've never used the MS Store. I understand what a MS wallet is. I just don't understand why I have a dozen wallets associated with this PC.

Look at your own PC, Settings > Apps > Apps for Websites. Do you see the same thing?

RedWagnum, Nov 29, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    Yep....like I said, it seems to be tied to Edge. I just turn all that crap off as I don't use Edge. Also I don't use any of those other apps that MS crams down our throats. I either turn them off, disable from start up or completely uninstall them.

Plankton, Nov 29, 2017
  7. Hi,
    Looks like edge browser add-ons
    Not sure I've ever noticed them :/
    Might have to take a peak
    I'm on win-7 now though report back in a bit.

ThrashZone, Nov 29, 2017
  8. Unknown Microsoft Wallets?

Hi,
    Mine is blank probably because Edge is not the default browser Palmoon is *Smile

Unknown Microsoft Wallets? [​IMG]

ThrashZone, Nov 29, 2017
  9. RedWagnum Win User
    Can Edge be uninstalled without affecting the rest of the OS? Will it get rid of those bogus wallets? I've been going through lots of the crapware the MS installs and uninstalling some of it (Xbox, IE, others) but I don't know how deeply Edge is tied into the OS.

RedWagnum, Nov 30, 2017
  10. RedWagnum Win User
    Being that this is my first Win10 install, that is probably where I screwed up. After the initial install I was using Edge to download drivers and programs. Once I downloaded Waterfox I installed it, made it the default browser and haven't used Edge since. I guess somewhere along the line that stuff crept in. I just want to know how to get rid of those wallets. Seeing other people's names associated with them and not knowing how they got there really bothers me.

RedWagnum, Nov 30, 2017
  11. Plankton Win User
    Chrome is my default browser and yet I have the same exact wallet crap as RW.

Plankton, Nov 30, 2017
  12. RedWagnum Win User
    Been researching this lightly for the last few weeks. Still have not found the exact cause or how to remove the wallets. Still open to suggestions.

RedWagnum, Dec 22, 2017
  13. Unknown Microsoft Wallets?

I used The Tools section of CCleaner to do it.

Josey Wales, Dec 22, 2017
  14. RichardC Win User
    It might be a windows 10 version thing. I have windows 10 home version, 1709 rs3 with e patch. Everything is up to date. My default browser is Edge. I have no presence of Microsoft wallet anywhere. Wallet seems to be Microsoft's version of PayPal.

RichardC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unknown Microsoft Wallets? - Similar Threads - Unknown Microsoft Wallets

2. My Microsoft Acct password does not work in my Microsoft Wallet so I can't sign in to Wallet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Acct password does not work in my Microsoft Wallet so I can't sign in to Wallet.: My Microsoft Acct password does not work in my Microsoft Wallet so I can't sign in to Wallet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-acct-password-does-not-work-in-my/79ec6f70-e9b8-48b1-ae0b-e21c2924a625
  3. My Microsoft Acct password does not work in my Microsoft Wallet so I can't sign in to Wallet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft Acct password does not work in my Microsoft Wallet so I can't sign in to Wallet.: My Microsoft Acct password does not work in my Microsoft Wallet so I can't sign in to Wallet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-acct-password-does-not-work-in-my/79ec6f70-e9b8-48b1-ae0b-e21c2924a625
  4. how to delete items in my microsoft wallet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete items in my microsoft wallet: how to delete items in my microsoft wallet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-items-in-my-microsoft-wallet/77f6d010-a899-4c9f-b7c1-55d4b4831f8f
  5. how to delete items in my microsoft wallet

how to delete items in my microsoft wallet: how to delete items in my microsoft wallet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-items-in-my-microsoft-wallet/77f6d010-a899-4c9f-b7c1-55d4b4831f8f
  6. I never signed up for Wallet -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I never signed up for Wallet -: I never signed up for Wallet - I was shocked to see my credit card information there. I removed the card, but do not want this to happen again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-never-signed-up-for-wallet/ee7a6e0b-4f6e-41cd-92ce-c0341768fca6
  7. Wallets titles deeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallets titles deeds: Wallets titles DEEDS property https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallets-titles-deeds/23c5c0ce-a33a-4b3a-9bf2-92a7f407c07f
  8. Wallets titles deeds

Wallets titles deeds: Wallets titles DEEDS property https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallets-titles-deeds/23c5c0ce-a33a-4b3a-9bf2-92a7f407c07f
  9. Background Task Host crashes with Microsoft Wallet twice daily

in Windows 10 Support
    Background Task Host crashes with Microsoft Wallet twice daily: I get the following entries in Reliability monitor twice daily at around 07:05 and 07:50 Seems to be connected to Microsoft Wallet, which I have never used. It has just happened since the upgrade to 1903. [img] It doesn't seen to be having any adverse effect, just...
  10. one note and microsoft wallet query

one note and microsoft wallet query: i never use this app and is it ok to uninstall... >>>along with microsoft wallet*Shock [img] 93214