Windows 10: Unknown PNP device?

Discus and support Unknown PNP device? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know my system is getting older. It's a Toshiba C55D-A5372. Just a few months ago I ran into an issue with my video not working. Took a week but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jayv2251, Aug 12, 2018.

1. jayv2251 Win User

Unknown PNP device?

I know my system is getting older. It's a Toshiba C55D-A5372. Just a few months ago I ran into an issue with my video not working. Took a week but I managed to force an upgrade to the Radeon 8330. Today I ran into an issue with an old lan driver. While trying to get this one straightened out I seen something else. I have an unknown device listed in Device Manager.

While in Windows 10 I ran msinfo. Looking under problem devices I have an adress of ACPI\SMB0001\4&AABD16&0. I Googled that information and one website is telling me this is the "Synaptics SMBus Driver". But it's not. That pnp adress is... ACPI\TOS0320\4&AABD16&0.

I can't see why the system would recognize two of the same device. There is another posiblity though, but I'm not sure how to check. Over a year ago I had some networking issued with the RealTek wireless that came with the laptop. So I ordered an Intel AC7260 dual band wireless nic with Bluetooth. The N and AC with the aid of dual bands works fantastic. But I was never able to get the Bluetooth portion to work.

I really wish I had researched this Intel nic more. After extensive Googling I found that many people had issues with the drivers with this nic. How do get all this straightened out? I'm just guess that this unknown device is the bluetooth portion of the nic. But more importantly, it's obvious to me now that Toshiba's utility software that was meant to keep my systems drivers up todate doesn't work....at all! Concidering all that I have updated manually, is there a good driver updating software that doesn't attempt to load my system with malware?

:)

jayv2251, Aug 12, 2018

2. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Unknown PNP device? [​IMG]

putermaker, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Unknown PNP device?

unknown USB device

Hi Ali,

To better assist you, kindly provide some more information regarding the issue:

• When did the issue start?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    and check if there are any changes. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

We'll be waiting for any updates regarding this matter.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Unknown PNP device?

1. Unknown PNP device? - Similar Threads - Unknown PNP device

2. problem with PnP devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with PnP devices: i already did a troubleshoot it and it said it couldn't detect any issues, how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-pnp-devices/b6be2d47-9406-440b-bccb-7073e5b132a0
  3. problem with PnP devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with PnP devices: i already did a troubleshoot it and it said it couldn't detect any issues, how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-pnp-devices/b6be2d47-9406-440b-bccb-7073e5b132a0
  4. pnp devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pnp devices: I really need help solving an issue with a usb microphone with pnp. Ever since upgrading to windows 11 whenever I plug in my microphone it says usb device not recognized and stops functioning. When I use devices and printers troubleshooter it says issues with pnp devices but...
  5. pnp devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pnp devices: I really need help solving an issue with a usb microphone with pnp. Ever since upgrading to windows 11 whenever I plug in my microphone it says usb device not recognized and stops functioning. When I use devices and printers troubleshooter it says issues with pnp devices but...
  6. Unknown device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown device: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_138A&PID_0010\0cb6cef4484e.What device is thisthere is nothing with errors in device managerEvent viewer shows this issuefunction Togglenode { if !window.fullyLoaded return; // Expand the branch? if...
  7. Unknown Device

Unknown Device: Hello Experts, I am encountering weird problem is that my PC show unknown device. I have never seen this kind of problem and now it pops up from no where. The only thing i can provide right now is Screenshot and path link Ran troubleshooter but nothing worked out. I also...
  8. Problem with PnP devices

Problem with PnP devices: Hello All, I am using clip on notebook soundbar made by philips Philips SPA5210. It was working well with window 7 but window 10 it is not working. Window reported error with PnP device. Devices status showing,, device cannot start code 10 Can anyone support me?...
  9. PnP Detected Fatal Error after Uninstalling or Updating Unknown Device Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PnP Detected Fatal Error after Uninstalling or Updating Unknown Device Driver: Hello, Good Day! I was recently trying to update my Dell Latitude E7450 to Windows 10 1909, from 1809. It always showed error when the update is almost finished, notably the blue screen showing PnP Detected Fatal Error. I have tried all sorts of fixes, including similar...
  10. Unknown Device

Unknown Device: I just reinstalled Windows 10 Build 1803 on my laptop. My device manager is showing an "unknown device" and Windows update is failing on one update. "Advanced Mirco Devices, Inc - System - 4/1/2017 12:00:00 AM - 1.2.0.46 - Error 0x80070002" I had this problem years ago on...