Windows 10: Unknown program file

Discus and support Unknown program file in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have found a file amongst my Program Files and I have no idea of what it is. I am running Windows 10 Home 64 Bit on a HP Pavillion 500 series PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sjhoddi, Jul 24, 2018.

1. sjhoddi Win User

Unknown program file

Hi, I have found a file amongst my Program Files and I have no idea of what it is. I am running Windows 10 Home 64 Bit on a HP Pavillion 500 series PC Model No. 500-081ea. The file is labelled as NzBiOWU5NDYy Does anybody know what it is/does and can I delete it? I have tried opening it and clicking on the applications inside but nothing happens except that my CPU usage goes sky high. The applications are labelled as:-

MmExYjg (which has a silhouette of three people and a Windows shield as a logo)

MmFiOTI ( which has a blue file and a search magnifying glass as a logo)

NTFhODA4Yz ( which also has a blue file and a search magnifying glass as a logo)

Can somebody help please?

:)

sjhoddi, Jul 24, 2018

2. Change file association back to unknown program in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Create a new file with any extension and save it on any location.

2) Next Open Control Panel (icons view), click/tap on the default programs icon.

3) Click/tap on the Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    link.

4) Either double click/tap on the file extension or protocol, or click/tap on the file extension or protocol and click/tap on the
    Change Program button of the one you want to change the "current default' program association of.

5) If the program you want to associate is not listed, then click/tap on the
    More Options
    link if available.

6) Click/tap on a listed program that you want to associate.

7) If you associated a program, then you will see this below as "Set Associations" updates and reloads.

8) Once it is done go back to the file which you have created and delete the file.

9) Go to default programs and refresh the set association programs. It should show as other unknown.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Change file association back to unknown program in Windows 10

• Create an empty text file.
    • Navigate to "All Control Panel Items"
    • Choose "Default Programs"
    • Choose "Associate a File Type or Protocol With a Specific Program"
    • Navigate to the file type you want to dissociate.
    • Click the "Change Program" button on the upper right.
    • Scroll to the bottom of the menu and choose "More Apps"
    • Scroll to the bottom of the menu and choose "Look for Another App on This PC"
    • Change the file type to "All Types" and point to the empty text file you created in step 1 (or create one now).
    • Click the "Open" button.
    • Your file extension will now be associated with the blank text document.
    • DELETE the document to restore the "Unknown Application" status.
    • You'll have to leave the "Set Associations" menu and re-enter it to see the change.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy Unknown program file :p...

Lorin Soura, Jul 24, 2018
  4. DCnewbie Win User

Unknown program file

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Unknown program file

1. Unknown program file - Similar Threads - Unknown program file

2. About a unknown program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    About a unknown program: Hi guys, I bumped into a query recently, I found a program called the 'Windows Driver Package-STMicroelectronics STTub30 USB' in my laptop, from its name I inferred this may be related to drivers but the question was I did not find it in another laptop.I thought it would be...
  3. Unknown program running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown program running: Ok so I just booted up my PC and opened task manager to close some programs I don't need now and I saw this thing running and have no idea what it is since I can't find anything about it....
  4. Unknown Startup Program

Unknown Startup Program: I separated from an abusive partner against whom I have a restraining order. While we were together, he surveilled me and I am concerned that his has continued into the present. I am trying to look through my phone and computer for unknown and hidden programs. There is a...
  5. Unknown programs

Unknown programs: For past few days, after I installed and uninstalled some softwares, I've been constantly seeing these unknown executables in the task manager- [ATTACH] I've scanned through each and every hidden and unhidden directory of my pc and deleted all of the junk, but the above...
  6. unknown program

unknown program: what is SearchResults.exe ? Kaspersky is telling me I have 11 objects which require my decision for deletion. SearchResults.exe is one of them. However, SearchResults.exe is not in Add/Remove Programs, and a search did not bring up the program. Thanks, Rudy...
  7. Unknown program opening open file with program dialogue.

Unknown program opening open file with program dialogue.: I keep having this issue every morning when I get on my computer. The open with program dialogue will be open asking what I would like to open *File* with. Said file is unknown *I did not open anything as I was away from the computer* My instinct tells me to click notepad...
  8. Unknown startup program

Unknown startup program: I found a startup program named 1M3bia does anyone know what this is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-startup-program/097de273-c656-41b9-a91f-d46cd8976fc5"
  9. Unknown Program -- What is it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Program -- What is it?: Take a look at the screen shot and circled in red is an unknown program I've never seen before. What could this program be? [img] 102833
  10. Unknown programs with name program at Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown programs with name program at Startup: Hi, my question is about two programs in the startup with name program, and i don't know wich program belongs, and if can disable it, I attach a picture of it [img] 18921