Windows 10: unknown suspicious shortcuts appearing

Discus and support unknown suspicious shortcuts appearing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello i've been having this weird problem .... whenever i create new folder , a random shortcuts appear . They have the names : downloads , games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by john barr, Nov 7, 2017.

1. john barr Win User

unknown suspicious shortcuts appearing

hello

i've been having this weird problem .... whenever i create new folder , a random shortcuts appear . They have the names :
    downloads , games and gamesopen .. i think when i delete them , the come back !! how can i block them from reappearing??

thanks
    *Smile*Smile*Smile

unknown suspicious shortcuts appearing [​IMG]

:)

john barr, Nov 7, 2017

2. .dll file box opens all the time and giving me much trouble.I'm upgraded to windows 10 pro.Plz fix this issue.

Press Windows key + X

Click Task Manager

Go to the Startup tab

Are there any unknown suspicious programs listed there? If so, disable them.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 7, 2017
  3. J Thom123 Win User
    Really tough DNS hijacker

Nope, no suspicious/unknown programs at all in fact. Nor is there a program files folder, ProgramData folder, or registry entry for DNSUnlocker. Which is really annoying.

J Thom123, Nov 7, 2017
Thema:

unknown suspicious shortcuts appearing

1. unknown suspicious shortcuts appearing - Similar Threads - unknown suspicious shortcuts

2. On boot up unknown Icon appears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On boot up unknown Icon appears: When I boot up my computer, it shows a unknown Icon on my task bar that quickly disappears. I see an unknown device connected in my network which is a Linux PC, an apple device I don't use anymore and a hiddent network. It seems that my laptop has someone connected with it ....
  3. unknown app appears during shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    unknown app appears during shutdown: When I try to shut down an unknown app appears. I am allowed to "shut down anyway" but I am unable to determine what this app is and I would like to get rid of it....
  4. unknown app appears during shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unknown app appears during shutdown: When I try to shut down an unknown app appears. I am allowed to "shut down anyway" but I am unable to determine what this app is and I would like to get rid of it....
  5. Unknown Volumes Appeared in Defragment Task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Volumes Appeared in Defragment Task: Any experts regarding this issue possible to help me? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-volumes-appeared-in-defragment-task/b543049f-49f0-4aa5-8c2e-3acf4f6c92ee
  6. some suspicious folders appear...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    some suspicious folders appear...: From a month when i open my d drive some unwanted folders appear like aa, ee,bc,01..i delete it all the time and it reappears even after deleting it permanently...
  7. Unknown phone device appearing in network

Unknown phone device appearing in network: I have an unknown phone device appearing under a network view and just disappears after about 1 minute. it is not pingable and with no ip address. [ATTACH] A day before it had a different name and mac. [ATTACH]...
  8. Suspicious

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious: Sometimes I feel that there is suspicious activity going on, there are some things in my computer files that I cant go into, (files that I didn't download) it asks for a password, but if I didn't put it on here, how am im going to know that password? There are some things...
  9. Folder appears unknown

Folder appears unknown: 2 New folders have appeared unknown source, and will not delete. Admin (PC) and bev (joe-pc). They also appear under software in device manager. What gives? I have Bitdefender AV. I cannot ID which folder they are under. Listed under "This PC"...
  10. Document shortcuts not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Document shortcuts not appearing: Hi, a number of us have had this issue for a month or two, following some kind of update. We are finding it highly frustrating that we can no longer access recent or even specific pinned documents from the taskbar - which also applies to file explorer even more annoyingly....