Windows 10: Unknown USB Device (Link In Compliance Mode) Gigabyte GA-Z170X-G 7

Discus and support Unknown USB Device (Link In Compliance Mode) Gigabyte GA-Z170X-G 7 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a self-built desktop, and nearly every time I log in, I get a "The Last USB device you plugged in experienced an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hybrid Divide, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Unknown USB Device (Link In Compliance Mode) Gigabyte GA-Z170X-G 7

Hello!
    I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a self-built desktop, and nearly every time I log in, I get a "The Last USB device you plugged in experienced an error". It's very annoying. I'm certain this stems from an Unknown USB device in my device manager. To be specific, it says "Unknown USB Device (Link In Compliance Mode)". I know that in normal situations, you'd simply unplug and re-plug whatever device was having the issue. Problem is, I can't figure out what device this is referring to! I've unplugged everything, one device at a time, to see if that listing removed itself. Nothing. I even made sure to test with the devices using internal USB headers for case USB ports, media card reader, etc. I can remove ALL my USB devices, and that device listing is still there. I'm guessing it's some sort of integrated motherboard USB device. My bios and all my device drivers, including USB drivers are up to date. The properties for this entry in the device manager says the following:----------Unknown USB Device (Link In Compliance Mode) Device Type: Universal Serial Bus ControllersManufacturer: (Standard USB Host Controller)Location: Port_#0022.Hub_#0001 Device Status:Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)The SuperSpeed link to the USB device keeps going to an error state Compliance. If the device is removable, remove the device and then disable/enable from device manager to recover.----------Under "Details" I checked the Hardware ID, hoping there'd be something, but all that says is: "USB\PORT_LINK_COMPLIANCE_MODE" If I uninstall the device, it shows back up shortly, even if I haven't touched my USB ports. I do suppose I could Disable the device. But I'd like to save that as a last resort. I'd like to think I did a decent job of digging on my own for this, but now I need some help!My basic PC specs are below, please feel free to ask me any more details you might need. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I've been told before that this is an issue with the Thunderbolt 3/ USB Type C port on this motherboard, and while I've attempted to flash the newest firmware updates, I'm unable to tell if they're successful, and the USB errors remain. Please help, thanks! *Biggrin PC Specs:CPU: Intel Core i7 6700KRAM: 32GB DDR4GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 980MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (Rev: 1.0) With latest firmware)Boot SSD: Samsung 500GB SATAStorage HDD: Western Digital 3TB HDDCase: Corsair 650DOS: Windows 10 Pro

:)

Hybrid Divide, Jun 28, 2017

2. Unknown USB Device Link in Compliance Mode

I've seen this question asked multiple times but none of the trouble shooting has helped me. I am constantly getting a driver error alert "Unknown USB Device" Link in Compliance Mode. I don't have any clue what this item could have been, I'm using a computer
    that my husband used previously and he doesn't know what it could be either.

To date, I have tried:

Uninstalling unknown device....didn't help

Looking for a driver update....didn't help

Looking for driver updates on absolutely everything else on my computer.....didn't help this specific problem

Using the eject function on the tool bar as soon as this unknown device pops up.....didn't help

Disabling the USB ports....this helped but isn't a long term solution so I turned them back on

Updating Windows....didn't help

Currently, I have to keep my computer speakers off unless I want to lose my mind from the constant alert noise. I've tried turning off all the alerts but I have not been able to silence this alert and it goes off every 30 seconds or less.

This is driving me crazy because I cannot address it with the device because we have no idea what caused it in the first place. I just want the notices to stop at this point so that I don't have to chose between silence or losing my mind.

VictoriaRosenberg, Jun 28, 2017
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Unknown USB Device (Link In Compliance Mode)

Thank you for letting us know, James. Please do advise us on what was the result of the troubleshooting when you get back. Also, we wish you luck on your endeavors.

All the best.

Ian Ser, Jun 28, 2017
  4. Unknown USB Device (Link In Compliance Mode) Gigabyte GA-Z170X-G 7

I apologize for the lack of formatting. I pasted this from another forum I tried to find the answer to this problem on, and in the process, it seems like most of my line breaks were lost.

Hybrid Divide, Jun 28, 2017
  5. Oddly enough, the problem seems to have solved itself. It'd been like this for ages, but no longer seems to be the case. No complaints here. Thanks for reading, in any case! *Biggrin

Hybrid Divide, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unknown USB Device (Link In Compliance Mode) Gigabyte GA-Z170X-G 7

1. Unknown USB Device (Link In Compliance Mode) Gigabyte GA-Z170X-G 7 - Similar Threads - Unknown USB Device

2. Unknown USB Device Link in Compliance Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown USB Device Link in Compliance Mode: running Windows 10 pro I have an error Unknown USB Device Link in Compliance Mode even to hardaware is connected I update the driver no update was found saying this is the latest drive appreciate your help...
  3. Unknown USB Device Link in Compliance Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device Link in Compliance Mode: running Windows 10 pro I have an error Unknown USB Device Link in Compliance Mode even to hardaware is connected I update the driver no update was found saying this is the latest drive appreciate your help...
  4. Unknown USB Device Link in Compliance Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External USB HDD too slow; Unknown USB Device Link in Compliance Mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External USB HDD too slow; Unknown USB Device Link in Compliance Mode.: Hello,Windows 11 Pro x64, everything everywhere is up to date.I have a Seagate 2.5 inch HDD ST1000LM048, in an external USB 3.0 enclosure Toshiba, that uses an Innostor Technology USB/SATA storage controller.When plugged into a USB 3 port, the setup yields sequential read...
  6. External USB HDD too slow; Unknown USB Device Link in Compliance Mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External USB HDD too slow; Unknown USB Device Link in Compliance Mode.: Hello,Windows 11 Pro x64, everything everywhere is up to date.I have a Seagate 2.5 inch HDD ST1000LM048, in an external USB 3.0 enclosure Toshiba, that uses an Innostor Technology USB/SATA storage controller.When plugged into a USB 3 port, the setup yields sequential read...
  7. Unknown USB Device Link in compliance mode code 43

Unknown USB Device Link in compliance mode code 43: Hello, Does anyone know how to fix this problem with a USB device, I have tried every method I can find online. I have update the USB drivers in device manager, uninstalled the USB Hub, updated my BIOS, and still it acts and sounds like I am connecting and disconnecting a...
  8. USB Devices not working And Unknown usb device (Link in Compilance mode){Error Code: 43}

USB Devices not working And Unknown usb device (Link in Compilance mode){Error Code: 43}: Hi! I am having a issue with my Toshiba laptop. My laptop is not detecting any type of USB device I plug. When i start my Device my Mouse light blinks for a second but when windows run it stop blinking and stop working.I have tried every solution available on internet i.e...
  9. USB device keeps going to an error state Compliance (Z170X chipset)

USB device keeps going to an error state Compliance (Z170X chipset): I had to reinstall windows 10 because the size of the OS became ridiculous large. And in time i have installed many programs to find a solution for whatever i was busy on, we all know that almost every program leaves alot of residue behind. Which even good cleaning programs...
  10. Device manager says "Unknown USB Device (Link In Compliance Mode)". Keeping disk usage at 100%

Device manager says "Unknown USB Device (Link In Compliance Mode)". Keeping disk usage at 100%: Device manager says "Unknown USB Device (Link In Compliance Mode)". There is nothing plugged into the USB port. Uninstall/reinstall doesn't work, deactivating it doesn't work, restarting doesn't work. Disk usage is at 100% causing pc to run slowly. Aggravating pop-up message...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unknown usb device link in compliance mode windows 10 1903

2. Uknown USB Device (Link in Compliance Mode) windows 10

3. windows 10 unknown usb device compliance mode

4. Unknown USB Device (Link In Compliance Mode) Gigabyte GA-Z170X-G 7