Windows 10: Unknown user when save task

Discus and support Unknown user when save task in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi guys, i made a task at task scheduler and when i saved when was the time to put user name and pass i saw at save menu a user with name 4dc......... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by vags, Aug 4, 2015.

1. vags Win User

Unknown user when save task

Hi guys, i made a task at task scheduler and when i saved when was the time to put user name and pass i saw at save menu a user with name 4dc...... 5c8. When i run at cmd "net user" not appears. What is this pls?

:)

vags, Aug 4, 2015

2. Task Scheduler

Since upgrading to Windows 10, I am not able to set up a task schedule. Whenever I try to save it, I am asked to enter the User account information. I am given a user name (e.g. Allen/user); but have no idea what the password is. I get a message that says
    "the user account is unknown, or the password is incorrect, or the user account does not have permission to create this task". To the best of my knowledge, I have never set a password, as I am the only user of this computer. I am also an administrator, being
    the only user of the computer. I also have this problem when I try edit an existing task in the scheduler.

I received a suggestion to create another user with admin rights and a password, which I did. I then tried again to create the task and received the same message after I inserted this new users password.

(Update - I created the schedule task using "Create a basic task" and that seemed to work fine. By I can't edit it - same message pops up.

Any advice would be most welcome, as this is a great tool.

Thanks,

AllenLang1, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Task Scheduler Windows 10 : when editing a task, user account is set to Medium Mandatory Level

When I edit and then save a task in Task Scheduler, the "user account' is changed.The user account which was my username is changed to "Medium Mandatory Level".

This prevents the task from running as it raises the error :

`Task Scheduler did not launch task "..." because user "Mandatory Label\Medium Mandatory Level" was not logged on when the launching conditions were met. User Action: Ensure user is logged on or change the task definition to allow
    launching when user is logged off.`

(from `Event Log, 'Applications and Service Log/Microsoft/Windows/TaskScheduler/Operational'`)

I can fix that by re-opening the task and setting back the user account to my username but this is cumbersome.

Looping[Around], Aug 4, 2015
  4. Unknown user when save task

Did you set up a HomeGroup?

CountryBumkin, Aug 4, 2015
  5. vags Win User
    Nope

vags, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unknown user when save task

1. Unknown user when save task - Similar Threads - Unknown user save

2. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown user: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-unknown-user-account-on-security-tab/3c4a47ee-586e-4065-9367-a715f696d1fbIf this desktop.ini entry is a legitimate file, why not give it a user name in the security tab that would not make us think it's some...
  3. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown user: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-unknown-user-account-on-security-tab/3c4a47ee-586e-4065-9367-a715f696d1fbIf this desktop.ini entry is a legitimate file, why not give it a user name in the security tab that would not make us think it's some...
  4. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab: I made a modifications to my Windows 10 to get the old behaviour of Alt+Tab image below, i.e., to show the application icons of the tasks being switched rather than previews of their windows. Recently, however, when I Alt+Tab, I see an unnamed task on the far left image...
  5. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab: I made a modifications to my Windows 10 to get the old behaviour of Alt+Tab image below, i.e., to show the application icons of the tasks being switched rather than previews of their windows. Recently, however, when I Alt+Tab, I see an unnamed task on the far left image...
  6. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Unknown user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown user: Hello! Today I checked the security of an application in the properties menu and noticed a strange one namely two unknown accounts that do not have permission and I want to ask if this is okay? I also looked at someone else's machine but there was only one and with...
  8. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown user: I was curious about the version of my windows so I checked and I found a user that I haven't heard of under the "this product is listed under microsoft software license terms " is this normal or is my system compromised I did not create this user. [ATTACH]...
  9. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown user: I want to share a folder to other LAN-computers. Have Windows10 Home with all updates. When checking the users for that shared folder I discovered an unknown user ... how do I remove this guy? 147606
  10. Unknown User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User: Is WDAGUtilityAccount a user that Microsoft uses? If so how do they use it? 99404

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task scheduler the user account is unknown