Windows 10: unknown user

Discus and support unknown user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My daughter just tried to turn on her computer, she got a strange user name asking for password. The user name is jamey jamme ,, whats going on . if a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gregrobbins, Oct 10, 2016.

1. unknown user

My daughter just tried to turn on her computer, she got a strange user name asking for password. The user name is jamey jamme ,, whats going on . if a password is enterd it says to go to account.live.com. but cant pas log in screen.. abd cant do it anyway because we dont have a accout with them
    i guess ill have to take the computer to a shop and pay to get a windows problem fixed. no wonder windows 10 was free ,, fee is always nothing but problems

:)

gregrobbins, Oct 10, 2016
  2. EileenJK Win User

Unknown users?

How do i identify and remove unauthorized usrs?

EileenJK, Oct 10, 2016
  3. Unknown users?

Well, you shouldn't HAVE any unauthorized users on a system you control physical access to, but...

Windows Logo Key + R to bring up the RUN dialog box.

Type in:

cmd /k net users

What is shown in the command prompt that opens?

Shenan Stanley, Oct 10, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

unknown user

Welcome to the forum is there not an option to. Choose the normal user

Samuria, Oct 10, 2016
  5. Dont know what your talking about , i have a computer that i cant get in to

6. I start the computer and the only thing that comes up is a login screen with the user name jamey jamme asking for password

7. this is all i see
    unknown user [​IMG]

8. unknown user

Well this was a waste of time, nobody here knows how to fix this

gregrobbins, Oct 11, 2016
  9. Bastet Win User
    Has anyone other than your daughter or another close family member had access to the pc? If you don't receive a list of users then the main/primary account has been either changed by someone or you've possibly been hacked & the account changed remotely.
    Try & access the built in administrator account.

• Click/Tap on the Power button under the Start Menu or on the lower right-hand side of the Login screen, press and hold the Shift key, and click/tap on Restart. This will open a command prompt at boot.
    Then type:
    net user Administrator /active:yesIf for some reason that doesn't work, do the following:

• In the command prompt, type regedit, and press Enter.
    • In the left pane of Registry Editor, click/tap on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key.
    • Click/tap on File (menu bar), and on Load Hive.
    • Open the drive (ex: D ) that you have Windows 10 installed on, and browse to the location below. NOTE: The drive letter (ex: C) will not always be the same at boot as it is from within Windows 10.
      D:\Windows\System32\config
    • Select the SAM file, and click/tap on Open.
    • In the Load Hive dialog, type REM_SAM, and click/tap on OK.
    • In the left pane of Registry Editor, navigate to and open the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\REM_SAM\SAM\Domains\Accounts\Users\000001F4
    • In the right pane of the 000001F4 key, double click/tap on the F binary value to modify it.
    • In line 0038, change 11 to 10, click/tap on OK.
    • Close Registry Editor and the command prompt.
    • Click/tap on Continue to startup back in Windows 10.
    NOTE: To disable the Administrator account simply reverse Step 10.The see if you can edit/ fix the problem account or create a new one. Once in I'd first backup any important data in case you need to reinstall Windows to fix.
    HTH,

Bastet, Oct 11, 2016
  10. There is nothing to press. I start the computer and this screen comes up.

11. Bastet Win User
    The start icon is on the lower right hand side of the screen you posted, the circle with the vertical line through the top.

Bastet, Oct 11, 2016
  12. Sadly, the only options that button shows is sleep, shut down and restart. but I'll try it again

13. unknown user

I do that and a screen comes up with option with continue , troubleshoot and turn off. I choose trouble shoot. Then I get reset this pc (that just goes back to the same problem ) and advanced. I choose advanced and get these options, system restore , system recovery image , command prompt , start up settings , go back to previous build. I choose command prompt ans get choose an account to continue , but the only one shown is jamey jamme which takes me back to the original problem

14. The other options do the same thing. except startup setting and i dont know what to do with that

15. Bastet Win User
    Did you type 'net user Administrator /active:yes' without the quotes in the command prompt? That should enable the inbuilt administrator account.

Bastet, Oct 11, 2016
Thema:

unknown user

1. unknown user - Similar Threads - unknown user

2. Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...: I am confused why these 3 accounts are here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-random-characters-in-3-unknown-users-account/43111b5c-0c0e-48d0-aca6-5890d8eae30a
  3. Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...: I am confused why these 3 accounts are here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-random-characters-in-3-unknown-users-account/43111b5c-0c0e-48d0-aca6-5890d8eae30a
  4. Found random characters in 2 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found random characters in 2 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...: I am confused why these accounts are here and what the foreign language is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-random-characters-in-2-unknown-users-account/43111b5c-0c0e-48d0-aca6-5890d8eae30a
  5. Found random characters in 2 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...

Found random characters in 2 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...: I am confused why these accounts are here and what the foreign language is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-random-characters-in-2-unknown-users-account/43111b5c-0c0e-48d0-aca6-5890d8eae30a
  6. unknown file named "M" with no extension in "C:\Users"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown file named "M" with no extension in "C:\Users": I was monitoring my startup apps when i see this:opening its file location shows the c:/users directoryfile opened in Notepad++is this a virus?...
  7. unknown file named "M" with no extension in "C:\Users"

unknown file named "M" with no extension in "C:\Users": I was monitoring my startup apps when i see this:opening its file location shows the c:/users directoryfile opened in Notepad++is this a virus?...
  8. My desktop boots up with an unknown user account. I do not know the password for this...

My desktop boots up with an unknown user account. I do not know the password for this...: My computer boots up with an unknown user and asks for a password. I do not know how this user became my login default. I therefore have no access to any files on my hard drive, which I desperately need. What can I do about this?...
  9. My desktop boots up with an unknown user account. I do not know the password for this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop boots up with an unknown user account. I do not know the password for this...: My computer boots up with an unknown user and asks for a password. I do not know how this user became my login default. I therefore have no access to any files on my hard drive, which I desperately need. What can I do about this?...
  10. Please Help I lost my user profile and it is showing up as Account Unknown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Help I lost my user profile and it is showing up as Account Unknown: hello! i wanted to change my c/users/username and in order to do so i switched my current microsoft account to a local one and created a new local account and changed the name. afterwards i accidentally deleted my original user account. it is still showing up in the c/users...