Windows 10: Unlinking a MS account NO SUITABLE SOLUTION?

Discus and support Unlinking a MS account NO SUITABLE SOLUTION? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; After purchasing MS Office my wife's MS account has become annoyingly linked to mine. When I try to open skype from my login, skype opens with her name... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Richinsd, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Richinsd Win User

Unlinking a MS account NO SUITABLE SOLUTION?

After purchasing MS Office my wife's MS account has become annoyingly linked to mine. When I try to open skype from my login, skype opens with her name and profile under my Email address. Tech support informs me that they can do NOTHING to resolve the issue as MS has removed any ability to unlink accounts when they bought Skype. The only way for me to fix this is to close my MS account, give up an email address that I've had for over 20 years and walk away from every software license I have ever purchased. Yes this was the news directly from Microsoft Support. In the mean time my business address book is cluttered with all of my wife's friends. My business calendar is over run with all her appointments and the birthdays and events of everyone in her contact list. And all of mine is combined with hers by the way. I can't use skype since any time I try to log in with my email I am now my wife. Who's the genius that thought this one up? Yep I am NOT happy. This is my business computer!!! Microsoft in their zeal to do what I am not sure, has brought my means of keeping my business connected to a screeching halt with no resolve in sight. This is bad people. When lack of support with any company tells a customer that the entire company is completely emasculated to the point where no one can help with a problem they created, then the problem is far more with the company than with the consumer. My advice to anyone who uses a computer running windows, DON'T PURCHASE OFFICE 365! Until MS pulls their cumulative heads out of you know what, Keep your system clean. (Posted to the Skype feedback line in the hope that someone might pay attention.) Time to send this message off to deaf ears.

:)

Richinsd, Jun 26, 2017

2. I don't want to login when I switch my laptop on

How can I 'unlink' my user account from my MS account?

Anne

Anne_Evans46, Jun 26, 2017
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Move Accounts Back Windows 10?

Perhaps the link to your MS account is causing some problem. Can you go to your account online and unlink your PC from the account. Then try again.

neilpzz, Jun 26, 2017
  4. Unlinking a MS account NO SUITABLE SOLUTION?

You can go to settings and then your account and stop the syncing of your device with any others.

Unlinking a MS account NO SUITABLE SOLUTION? [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jun 26, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    "After purchasing MS Office my wife's MS account has become annoyingly linked to mine. ... I can't use skype since any time I try to log in with my email I am now my wife. ... This is my business computer!!! "

Just sayin': at some point, your wife's account was linked, be it because she was logged in when you installed Office 365 or her acct was entered. Office didn't magically retrieve her details. If this is Your business computer, your wife should not be an admin which is the only way she could have been auto-linked to Office or Skype.
    You can separate Skype accts by having one on the Win10 App and the other on the desktop version or linked to msn homepage sign-in. This is how I have it set up on mine with other Skype users in household. Good Luck

mrgeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unlinking a MS account NO SUITABLE SOLUTION?

1. Unlinking a MS account NO SUITABLE SOLUTION? - Similar Threads - Unlinking account SUITABLE

2. Unlinking my accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlinking my accounts: How can I unlink my PC and my laptop? My PC is under an email as my laptop was under a different email. Today I decided to do a factory reset on an old laptop and when I signed in, I accidentally used my email that was under my PC leading to both my PC and laptop linking....
  3. HOW to Unlink MS account from administrator ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW to Unlink MS account from administrator ???: hello there,So basically, I opened settings on my PC and there in accounts I saw a "stop signing to all Microsoft apps automatically", from privacy pov i clicked on it but then i guess i was moved to local account automatically. As i noticed change becasue always under my...
  4. HOW to Unlink MS account from administrator ???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW to Unlink MS account from administrator ???: hello there,So basically, I opened settings on my PC and there in accounts I saw a "stop signing to all Microsoft apps automatically", from privacy pov i clicked on it but then i guess i was moved to local account automatically. As i noticed change becasue always under my...
  5. Removing vs Unlinking MS Account on Stolen Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing vs Unlinking MS Account on Stolen Laptop: My Laptop has recently been stolen and I want to remove my Microsoft Account from the stolen laptop. If I unlink my device will it do that? If not is there a way to remove my account from the stolen device so whoever took my laptop can't use any MS Products?...
  6. Removing vs Unlinking MS Account on Stolen Laptop

Removing vs Unlinking MS Account on Stolen Laptop: My Laptop has recently been stolen and I want to remove my Microsoft Account from the stolen laptop. If I unlink my device will it do that? If not is there a way to remove my account from the stolen device so whoever took my laptop can't use any MS Products?...
  7. Unlink School Account

Unlink School Account: Hello all,I hope someone is able to help me with this strange issue I have. As you can see I do not have my school account or email linked at all on my windows 11 I am also on a local account. However, everytime I click on manage accounts it redirects me to my school account....
  8. unlinking accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    unlinking accounts: Ok... I know that this question has been asked millions of times though out the last 8 years with just as many answers. However being highly frustrated with dealing with xbox issues only to find out that my local computer administrator is now linked to my xbox CHILD account...
  9. Unlink local Administrators account from Microsoft Account - Is there a solution???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlink local Administrators account from Microsoft Account - Is there a solution???: This is crazy. I linked my local Administrator account (which has been active since Windows 7, then I upgraded to Windows 10) to my Microsoft account. I only did this because Microsoft said it would be easier when changing hardware (montherboard died) to re-establish my...
  10. Unable to unlink MS account back to local

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to unlink MS account back to local: Hi all, I've recently discovered that my MS account has linked itself to the local account I've been using. I have visited several threads and websites to describe how to change it back to a local account, however, I seem to be missing the option under Settings\Your email and...