Windows 10: Unlock keyboard buttons

Discus and support Unlock keyboard buttons in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop's keyboard buttons are not working. I have held shift key for 8 second but the problem persists. Can you assist please.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by REMACO TZ, Dec 7, 2023.

1. REMACO TZ Win User

Unlock keyboard buttons

My laptop's keyboard buttons are not working. I have held shift key for 8 second but the problem persists. Can you assist please.

:)

REMACO TZ, Dec 7, 2023
  2. Mark Ole Win User

unlock keyboard

Hi Rosalie,

To address your concern, you can simply disable the Filter Keys. To do that, follow these steps:

• Type ease of access in the search box. Choose Ease of Access keyboard settings.
    • Turn off Filter Keys.

Let us know how it goes after performing the steps.

Mark Ole, Dec 7, 2023
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    Keyboard Not working in Windows 10

Hi,

We would suggest you to update your keyboard driver. To update your keyboard driver, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for Keyboards and then double-click it.
    • Click on the Keyboard tab and choose Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Dec 7, 2023
  4. Unlock keyboard buttons

USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 7, 2023
Thema:

Unlock keyboard buttons

1. Unlock keyboard buttons - Similar Threads - Unlock keyboard buttons

2. unlock cd drive with no button, dell 3020

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unlock cd drive with no button, dell 3020: Dell 3020 decktop has no buttons to open CD drive. How does 1 open this CD Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-cd-drive-with-no-button-dell-3020/bd04e157-e753-4172-9655-7679eca783f2
  3. How to unlock and restart no power button on screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to unlock and restart no power button on screen: No power restart button onscreen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-and-restart-no-power-button-on/2f918e9d-a456-4270-a1f0-7ecd1ab15eaf
  4. How to unlock and restart no power button on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock and restart no power button on screen: No power restart button onscreen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-and-restart-no-power-button-on/2f918e9d-a456-4270-a1f0-7ecd1ab15eaf
  5. Unlock keyboard buttons

Unlock keyboard buttons: My laptop's keyboard buttons are not working. I have held shift key for 8 second but the problem persists. Can you assist please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-keyboard-buttons/c146f95d-0027-46e8-9c57-9a3d4d6b28cc
  6. Unlock keyboard buttons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unlock keyboard buttons: My laptop's keyboard buttons are not working. I have held shift key for 8 second but the problem persists. Can you assist please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-keyboard-buttons/c146f95d-0027-46e8-9c57-9a3d4d6b28cc
  7. Using the keyboard to unlock Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the keyboard to unlock Windows: Hello!I'm wondering if there's a setting I should enable to be able to sign in using the keyboard on my Windows 11 pc? I don't have a password, and 50% of the time I'm forced to use the mouse to click 'sign in'. If I use the enter key on my keyboard for example, it'll...
  8. Using the keyboard to unlock Windows

Using the keyboard to unlock Windows: Hello!I'm wondering if there's a setting I should enable to be able to sign in using the keyboard on my Windows 11 pc? I don't have a password, and 50% of the time I'm forced to use the mouse to click 'sign in'. If I use the enter key on my keyboard for example, it'll...
  9. Keyboard buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard buttons: File Explorer has various facilities that can be manipulated once the App is running. It used to be one could apply various run line options to go directly to the service, ex. the control panel, from the run line. From my keyboard, how would I direct File Explorer to display...
  10. keyboard button Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard button Issues: I am using an Asus VivoBook & windows 10 When I press Backspace button,Page Down button gets automatically gets pressed along with it . When i press Delete button,Home button gets automatically pressed along with it. I tried updating windows & reinstalling the keyboard...