Windows 10: Unlocked Frame Rate and More Now Enabled for UWP

Discus and support Unlocked Frame Rate and More Now Enabled for UWP in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; What an exciting few months it’s been for Windows 10 Gamers In the last few months, we’ve taken Windows 10 gaming to a new level by partnering with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 9, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Unlocked Frame Rate and More Now Enabled for UWP

Source: Unlocked Frame Rate and More Now Enabled for UWP | DirectX Developer Blog

Brink, May 9, 2016

2. Well, it's a start anyway. It's still rather annoying that I can't backup my game files (Quantum Break is a ridiculous 67 GB download) or use a framerate counter. I get that Microsoft really wants to push UWP, but if they want the platform to succeed with gamers, they're going to have to loosen up the locks quite a bit more.

:)

blackroseMD1, May 9, 2016
  3. Forced Fullscreen Vsync

DXGI Flip Model (for developers)

DXGI flip model (Windows)

Article was released on May 10, 2016:

"The developers of individual games and apps must now update their software to take advantage of the new options. Microsoft also noted that unlocked frame rates aren't currently working in laptops that have both integrated video and a discrete graphics chip."

Saving Energy with VSync Control

Smittychat., May 9, 2016
  4. Unlocked Frame Rate and More Now Enabled for UWP

New file explorer in Fall Creators update, option to disable?

You mean the UWP version (other apps also are thrown into that shell as well)...?

I have not personally used the latest releases, but I would be very surprised if there is not a on/off for it and other apps and the UWP type interface for this release. It may not last forever, but given the

UWP version of File Explorer was able to be ENABLED in "Creators Update"
    , it will likely have a similar "enable/disable" type situation in "Fall Creators Update".

Shenan Stanley, May 9, 2016
  5. This is definitely a couple of significant steps in the right direction. Thanks for that, Microsoft. Thanks needs to also go to those Gears of War UE game devs. Man, they have been taking heat from PC gamers from the get go and still are, mainly due to UWP issues, issues trying to get PC multiplayer matches going, especially given there is no cross platform multiplayer capability in this game. With all the negative feedback on the GOW site, those devs don’t hide, they listen, always respond, keep coming out with patches and still might be the first DX12 title to properly support multi GPU’s. See today’s post below from the devs.

Unlocked Frame Rate and More Now Enabled for UWP [​IMG]

Sad part is what’s being lost in all this is that GOW UE is a good game, and other than the UWP issues, runs well with Sweeney’s Unreal engine.

I honestly hope Microsoft succeeds with their PC gaming platform and gives Steam, EA, etc some competition. I don’t see them doing that by simply acquiring exclusive PC titles. They need to go head to head and get rid of the restrictions currently caused by UWP. Ya, PC gaming 101, frame counter, hope they aren’t waiting for a FRAPS update which I don’t think has been updated since 2013. Steam has their own FPS overlay. Ea/Dice, in seconds thanks to a user config I can show FPS, other PC info and limit my frames to anything I want, important to a gamer with a monitor that runs at 60HZ, 100, 120 or 144 which I change depending on the graphic options I choose and related FPS I get.

IMHO, Microsoft needs to at least match, not restrict what PC gamers have today and then they can talk about their additional treats they can provide with DX12, xbox integration and the fact that they know Windows 10 better than anyone. Competition is good and goes both ways. PC gamers can choose and so can the devs. We have Steam, EA and DICE and Microsoft Studios now with the UWP. I think many of us also saw from the Nvidia Pascal conference the new Doom (another PC gaming legend) running impressively on a Pascal 1080 and on the Vulcan API. Vulcan is DX12’s competition.

We are pleased you are listening. Bring it on. Expectations are high but after all you are Microsoft.

specialkone, May 10, 2016
  6. At the very least, I'm looking forward to trying out Forza Apex. I definitely do enjoy Forza on my X1.

msdos622wasfun, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unlocked Frame Rate and More Now Enabled for UWP

1. Unlocked Frame Rate and More Now Enabled for UWP - Similar Threads - Unlocked Frame Rate

2. frame rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frame rate: I kindly ask you a question about frame rate of streaming movies with the os win11. As you know ex. on Prime video or Netflix or Disney+, some movies are played at 24hz, 23hz and some others at 50hz. Every time I have to select manually the correct frame rate in the setting....
  3. frame rate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frame rate: I kindly ask you a question about frame rate of streaming movies with the os win11. As you know ex. on Prime video or Netflix or Disney+, some movies are played at 24hz, 23hz and some others at 50hz. Every time I have to select manually the correct frame rate in the setting....
  4. Frame rate again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frame rate again: First of CCleaner is good but when it comes to gaming its not the thing I'm going for I left my pc info to another person and a worker told me CCleaner is not helping my gaming performance is there something else besides CCleaner or no or is it i have to change my setting in...
  5. Frame rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frame rate: How do i make my frame rate faster when playing games or doing work? mostly its games what can I do to make it better? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frame-rate/1cb0d1e6-7340-4850-9ddf-a518d510098f
  6. Frame rate drops

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Frame rate drops: I had this problem a few months back but solved it on day when malware bytes detected a virus and i thought the problem was solved, but now its back. The problem is that when I turn on any game but minecraft bedrock only works when not playing multiplayer the game crashes. At...
  7. Frame rate issue.......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frame rate issue.......: So I,ve just build a gaming pc with the Aorus z390 Xtreme Waterforce motherboard, Intel Core i9 9900k 3.6GHZ 16MB processor chip and the Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11G Waterforce Extreme. DirectX 12 as well as all the latest drivers are installed. When I attempt to play a game, ie...
  8. stable frame rate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stable frame rate: while playing games the games sometimes slow down.example--racing games slow down and the cars become uncontrolable. Is it because the frame rate becomes unstable and if it is how do i fix it????...
  9. adjust frame rate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    adjust frame rate: windows 10 how to check and adjust frame rate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-frame-rate/2386f2b2-af06-46e9-9e9e-a9b3df5ffb92
  10. Frame rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frame rate: I have a strange problem. problems I have playing Battlefield 4 sometimes the computer will buzz and then blue screen and sometimes it will buzz and I just lose sound, also playing Star Wars Battlefront frame rates will drop to 12 I can double-click the Windows button on the...