Windows 10: Unmovable icon on screen. Very strange. Help

Discus and support Unmovable icon on screen. Very strange. Help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'm new here so I wanted to say thanks in advance for your help. An unmovable icon has recently appeared on my screen and I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hugocuellar, May 13, 2017.

1. Unmovable icon on screen. Very strange. Help

Hi guys,

I'm new here so I wanted to say thanks in advance for your help.

An unmovable icon has recently appeared on my screen and I was wondering if you have encountered this problem before. I haven't had any major issues that I have noticed with my system, but the computer has slowed down.
    Here's what it looks like. I can't move it, I can delete it. It rises up from the task bar as windows loads and stays there:

Unmovable icon on screen. Very strange. Help [​IMG]

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Hugo

:)

hugocuellar, May 13, 2017

2. Taskbar with blank space

1703 15.063.322

I have tried moving the taskbar to different sides of the screen, stretching it, scaling, changing resolution, turning off some and all system icons and my own program icons, nothing helps. Anytime there is more than 1 of any kind of icon, the black hole
    is on the right blocking out one of the icons. I do not have an issue with icons being unmovable.

Thanks for your follow up. Hopefully one of us can figure this out!

MicrosoftUser_123, May 13, 2017
  3. Gerr37 Win User
    Icons cannot be moved.

Is there a solution for icons which won't drag and drop? They are unmoveable since installing Windows 10. Everything else is now working fine.

Gerr37, May 13, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

Unmovable icon on screen. Very strange. Help

Try right clicking on it, then click on Properties.
    You have many options on same menu such as location, delete etc.

Welcome to forum.

dencal, May 13, 2017
  5. Hi dencal. Thanks for the quick reply.
    The problem is that when i click on it, or right click, nothing happens.

6. dencal Win User
    Have a look in Task Manager for anything suspicious, look in Start-up first, then Processes.
    Another thing you could try, change Desktop picture, by opening Settings then Personalisation to see if still there..

dencal, May 13, 2017
  7. Hi Dencal,
    Thanks again for your response. The icon is not dependent on the desktop. It doesn't matter how many windows I open, the icon is always in front of everything.
    Very strange indeed. If you or anyone else knows anything about a case like this let me know. I've run windows defender as well as spyware programs but nothing has come up on that front.

H

8. dencal Win User

Try the following....open Defender....see attachments

dencal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unmovable icon on screen. Very strange. Help - Similar Threads - Unmovable icon screen

2. A very Strange Problem ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A very Strange Problem ?: I installed windows 10 and then bitdefender total security and Windows defender firewall got disabled by bitdefender firewall i restart my Pc and windows 10 firewall was still disabled and bitdefender firewall was enabled for now everything is Normal i then logged with my...
  3. Very strange BSODs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Very strange BSODs: I have an issue where I get a BSOD consistently within the same time frame. Every time I get a BSOD, exactly two days afterward with around 3hrs of being on it the 2nd day, it will get a BSOD every single time. I have had this happen for about a month now with the same...
  4. Strange Icon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange Icon: Just this morning this icon kept popping up on my PC...seems to appear in everything..? Can anyone ID it and tell me how to remove it..? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-icon/15f3535c-8216-4e15-8084-5d6052a5bb1e
  5. Very strange problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Very strange problem: Hello everyone! *Biggrin First of all sorry if my English is not the best *Wink I have an Asus's laptop, and some days ago, I recognized that my battery charging time got a liittle bit slower. I searched how to slove it, and I found a tutorial on the Asus's site that shows...
  6. Black screen mid update and unmovable cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen mid update and unmovable cursor: I was 26% into the update and i got a black screen with an unmovable cursor, this is the second time that has happened to me while trying to install the latest update and the first time i tried resetting the pc (since my pc doesn't automatically reset itself for some reason...
  7. Very strange problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very strange problem: Hi, i have a problem with the PC. Within minutes of being turned on, I open a game, any one in this case, F1 2019 which works perfectly. The problem comes when I close the game I am playing, I want to open another game and it lags a lot, the sound cuts out and it is very...
  8. Very very strange!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Very very strange!: Using "Turn Windows features on or off" on Windows 10 Pro trying to enable Hyper-V Hypervisor. I can check all the other Hyper-V boxes, but try as I may, I am unable to put a check mark next to the Hyper-V Hypervisor option. I HAVE enabled Vt-x virtualization in BIOS, if...
  9. Strange icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange icons: All the icons on my desktop suddenly have arrows on them...see attached photo.does anyone know what this is.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-icons/2bb3d428-68bc-488c-a3d4-1ce9fd55ff22
  10. Very strange problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very strange problem: Dear All, Please help me . Its been so many days now, I was able to use WiFi everywhere using my laptop. Suddenly one day I logged in to Office Wifi , it says " No Internet, Connected ,Secured". Diagnostics shows "One or more protocol is missing on this system..Blah"....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Immovable icon on Screen