Windows 10: Unnecessary Folders

Discus and support Unnecessary Folders in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Since system update / upgrade failed several times, there are four folders created on the system disk, they are: 1) $GetCurrent2)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Motim, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

Unnecessary Folders

Hello,
    Since system update / upgrade failed several times, there are four folders created on the system disk, they are:
    1) $GetCurrent2) $WINDOWS.~BT3) $Windows.~WS4) Windows10Upgrade (this one is quit big)
    and I would like to get rid of them, would like to have your opinion about this.
    Answers will be appreciated
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Jul 16, 2017

2. Unnecessary icons and folders in Windows 10

Greg, not shown here are the Homegroup, Control Panel, Favorites, Libraries, This PC, and OneDrive folder icons (Homegroup, Favorites, Libraries, and OneDrive are always "empty"). Why they didn't show up on the actual desktop is beyond me, but they are
    most assuredly on the desktop pop-up menu. If there is anything else you need, just ask. It might take a few days for me to get back to you, but I will get back to you. In advance, thanks for all your assistance; it is truly appreciated.

Respectfully,

chaoticsequence, Jul 16, 2017
  3. Unnecessary icons and folders in Windows 10

Mike, not shown here are the Homegroup, Control Panel, Favorites, Libraries, This PC, and OneDrive folder icons (Homegroup, Favorites, Libraries, and OneDrive are always "empty"). Why they didn't show up on the actual desktop is beyond me, but they are
    most assuredly on the desktop pop-up menu. If there is anything else you need, just ask. It might take a few days for me to get back to you, but I will get back to you. In advance, thanks for all your assistance; it is truly appreciated.

Respectfully,

chaoticsequence, Jul 16, 2017
  4. Unnecessary Folders

TairikuOkami, Jul 16, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    You can certainly remove them, the best way is with the built in clean manager program and click on clean up system files.

Bare in mind that often the windows installer will copy your user files/folders into one of these temporary places so it can restore them after the procedure. If your happy that your user files are properly where they should be, by all means go ahead and run the cleaner.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unnecessary Folders

1. Unnecessary Folders - Similar Threads - Unnecessary Folders

2. In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...: In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop and save photos as a new image. I want my GPS information to be retained as I upload images to Inaturalist but it disappears. Can you change that?...
  3. In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...: In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop and save photos as a new image. I want my GPS information to be retained as I upload images to Inaturalist but it disappears. Can you change that?...
  4. Disable Unnecessary Features in Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Unnecessary Features in Search Bar: Hi, is there any way to disable all these things which are marked in red on the image? My search bar is very slow due to my very very low PC specifications. On top of that, all this random stuff that I do not require is shown. I only want a search bar like how it was in...
  5. Disable Unnecessary Features in Search Bar

Disable Unnecessary Features in Search Bar: Hi, is there any way to disable all these things which are marked in red on the image? My search bar is very slow due to my very very low PC specifications. On top of that, all this random stuff that I do not require is shown. I only want a search bar like how it was in...
  6. Disable Unnecessary Features in Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why has Microsoft made an unnecessary change to 'Photos'.. I have found this latest update...

Why has Microsoft made an unnecessary change to 'Photos'.. I have found this latest update...: Why has Microsoft made an unnecessary change to 'Photos'.. I have found this latest update is no ware near as good as the previous version, clarity is no longer adjustable !...
  8. Why has Microsoft made an unnecessary change to 'Photos'.. I have found this latest update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why has Microsoft made an unnecessary change to 'Photos'.. I have found this latest update...: Why has Microsoft made an unnecessary change to 'Photos'.. I have found this latest update is no ware near as good as the previous version, clarity is no longer adjustable !...
  9. AppX keeps spamming my Temp folder constantly with unnecessary filthy files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AppX keeps spamming my Temp folder constantly with unnecessary filthy files.: I go from 80-100 GBs one day, the next day AppX spams my temp folder. I delete the unnecessary files and the pattern recycles. How do I stop this horrific issue?...
  10. Deleting unnecessary Files / Windows is using much Space (what is InfusedApps.tmp folder)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting unnecessary Files / Windows is using much Space (what is InfusedApps.tmp folder): Sorry for my bad english, i have installed an Update of a Program which was worse than I expected so I decided to recover Windows to that moment before Installation. The problem is I have now found a folder (infusedapps.tmp) I think it is temporarily and want to delete these...