Windows 10: Unnecessary Updates

Discus and support Unnecessary Updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do you stop Windows 10 Updates from retrying to install an update for printer that is not needed? 15132 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by neveready, Aug 10, 2015.

1. neveready Win User

Unnecessary Updates

How do you stop Windows 10 Updates from retrying to install an update for printer that is not needed?

:)

neveready, Aug 10, 2015

2. E65 update.. unnecessary confusion

If PC Suite did not recognise it, file is somehow corrupted. Try this file on the other PCs with PC Suite installed, you may find your luck.

delixis---01, Aug 10, 2015
  3. ricjoh Win User
    E65 update.. unnecessary confusion

I connected my phone to my laptop the other day and a prompt popped up to update the firmware. I followed the instructions to the letter. Backed up first, installed the update and started up again. The only problem is that now PC Suite can't find the back-up
    files.

After a quick call to Nokia Support here in Norway, I found out that I'm totally on my own. She gave the typical IT support response.. (restart your PC). Then she told me that i wasn't allowed to save the back-up file where I wanted.. I had to use the pre-defined
    destination. I even tried what she said (several times) but nothing helps.

What a joke!

I have to say I would have preferred to stay in my ignorant world of bliss... not knowing what I was missing with this update.

It would be interesting to hear from someone who has updated and where everything has worked out fine.

ricjoh, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Unnecessary Updates

Brink, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Unnecessary Updates

1. Unnecessary Updates - Similar Threads - Unnecessary Updates

2. In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...: In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop and save photos as a new image. I want my GPS information to be retained as I upload images to Inaturalist but it disappears. Can you change that?...
  3. In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...: In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop and save photos as a new image. I want my GPS information to be retained as I upload images to Inaturalist but it disappears. Can you change that?...
  4. Why has Microsoft made an unnecessary change to 'Photos'.. I have found this latest update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft made an unnecessary change to 'Photos'.. I have found this latest update...: Why has Microsoft made an unnecessary change to 'Photos'.. I have found this latest update is no ware near as good as the previous version, clarity is no longer adjustable !...
  5. Why has Microsoft made an unnecessary change to 'Photos'.. I have found this latest update...

Why has Microsoft made an unnecessary change to 'Photos'.. I have found this latest update...: Why has Microsoft made an unnecessary change to 'Photos'.. I have found this latest update is no ware near as good as the previous version, clarity is no longer adjustable !...
  6. Why has Microsoft made an unnecessary change to 'Photos'.. I have found this latest update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?: TURNING OFF WINDOWS UPDATES IN WINDOWS SETTINGS IS NO USE!Even if I turn it off, it still forces unnecessary updates which messes up my drivers. Because of this forced inconvenient service, my laptop could not connect to my WIFI's 5G Network.....And EVERY DAY, I have to...
  8. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?: TURNING OFF WINDOWS UPDATES IN WINDOWS SETTINGS IS NO USE!Even if I turn it off, it still forces unnecessary updates which messes up my drivers. Because of this forced inconvenient service, my laptop could not connect to my WIFI's 5G Network.....And EVERY DAY, I have to...
  9. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How can I stop Windows Update installing unnecessary RealTek Drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I stop Windows Update installing unnecessary RealTek Drivers?: One thing that really bugs me about Windows Update from Windows 10 and beyond is the inability to select which updates you want to install and not with checkboxes and the ability to hide updates, like on all older versions of Windows. With security and system updates, I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a lot of windows updates are unneccesary