Windows 10: Unofficial LibreOffice app for Windows 10 pulled from the Microsoft Store

Discus and support Unofficial LibreOffice app for Windows 10 pulled from the Microsoft Store in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We recently reported that an independent developer rolled out LibreOffice, the completely free productivity suite, on the Microsoft Store with a $2.99... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 25, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Unofficial LibreOffice app for Windows 10 pulled from the Microsoft Store

We recently reported that an independent developer rolled out LibreOffice, the completely free productivity suite, on the Microsoft Store with a $2.99 price tag. As expected, the app was published in the Microsoft Store without the permission of the parent company – The Document Foundation.

The Document Foundation recently released a statement on Twitter to confirm that the company hasn’t published any app in the Microsoft Store.

Today, the Microsoft Store has pulled the unofficial LibreOffice app which had a rating of 4 stars and a price tag of $2.99. You can no longer download the app from the Microsoft Store.

Unofficial LibreOffice app for Windows 10 pulled from the Microsoft Store LibreOffice.jpg

“We have been made aware of an unofficial version of LibreOffice on the Microsoft Store. This is not official or created by us, and the money is not collected by us, so the app’s page is misleading,” the company said in a statement posted on Twitter.

The post Unofficial LibreOffice app for Windows 10 pulled from the Microsoft Store appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 25, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-purging-lot-low-quality-apps-windows-store

P4-630, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Gasaraki Win User

Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Look... the Steam app "violates" the App Store rules because Apple is coming out with something similar. You can't have a competitor operating in your own App Store.

Wat? Steam app is mostly Windows already. They don't need a Windows 10 app. Windows S is dead, you mean Windows 10 in S mode? S mode is for locked down environments like schools, demos, low spec computers, etc.

Don't know how we got to talking about Steam on Microsoft Store...

Gasaraki, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Unofficial LibreOffice app for Windows 10 pulled from the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Unofficial LibreOffice app

2. Upgrading from unofficial version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from unofficial version: Do I need to reinstall Windows 10 Pro to activate it or will I receive a key on purchase that I can use to activate it? I bought this PC a few years ago with this already installed and I'm looking to use the full version. Additional Info: I am not changing Win10 products,...
  3. uTaskManager: Microsoft employee publishes unofficial UWP app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    uTaskManager: Microsoft employee publishes unofficial UWP app: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Junaid0005 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g7rh4g/utaskmanager_microsoft_employee_publishes/
  4. Pulling Up Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pulling Up Microsoft Store.: Hello, I am having trouble getting the Microsoft store app to pull up on my pc. It is the same with Minecraft for windows 10. When I click or double click the icon it doesn't pull the app up. I have been trying to get the apps up for days now. I own a HP Desktop. To be...
  5. Apps from Microsoft Store not working on Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps from Microsoft Store not working on Windows 10: Help, I want to open Groove Music, Calculator, Alarms & Clocks, and Microsoft Store on my computer, but it won't open, on the Start Menu, it has an updating status and then it stops and then when I click on it, it doesn't open, help, what can I do? ***Original title: Groove...
  6. Unofficial Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unofficial Windows 10: I just recently brought a refurbished laptop and it all seemed to be good, until I looked in the bottom right corner of my screen that says I need to "Activate Windows" and that my version of Windows 10 is unofficial. Is there a way to fix this and what implications can this...
  7. There’s no official app of LibreOffice in the Microsoft Store but it may arrive soon

in Windows 10 News
    There’s no official app of LibreOffice in the Microsoft Store but it may arrive soon: LibreOffice, the top alternative to Microsoft Office, recently landed on the Microsoft Store for Windows 10 devices. As expected, this is not the official app of LibreOffice from The Document Foundation. In a tweet, the company told us that there is no official app of...
  8. Third-party developer publishes LibreOffice in the Microsoft Store for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Third-party developer publishes LibreOffice in the Microsoft Store for Windows 10: Microsoft Office has been the reigning champ of office suites. The open-source Office suite called LibreOffice is a worthy alternative to Microsoft Office and it appears that a third-party developer has published the app in the Store for Windows 10. Since its early days,...
  9. Unofficial Google web apps for Windows 10 appear to have been pulled from the Store

in Windows 10 News
    Unofficial Google web apps for Windows 10 appear to have been pulled from the Store: We recently saw the release of new, unofficial Google Progressive Web Apps for Windows 10 in the Microsoft Store from a third-party developer. The apps now appear to have been taken offline because these apps were made by a third-party developer. The listing of the apps are...
  10. Bank of America pulls its Windows 10 app from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    Bank of America pulls its Windows 10 app from the Microsoft Store: Bank of America was one of the largest banks that ever joined the Windows 10 push and back in 2016, the company launched its app in the Microsoft Store for phones and PCs to allow its customers access their accounts. Last month BoA decided to abandon Windows 10 for some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. libre office unofficial windows store app